Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbu rowdies now the only pro affililate da in the state of florida. What a joke!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few years with both DA & GDA in the Tampa Bay area. A couple of things to keep an eye on:

1. Does TBU finally get full DA?
    2. Does TBU get the GDA, either next year or the year after?
    3. Does WFF lose the GDA in the next few years?
    4. Will WFF ever get DA?
    5. Will the Chargers ever lose the DA?
    6. Does IMG lose the GDA next year?

All of these things will be beyond when it is important to my daughter, but it will be fun to watch all of the moving parts & where everything ultimately ends up.
    haha most of this will happen over time. More importantly will the new USSF President, tweak the DA and actually make them play against local competition. Even the pro clubs in Europe play against there local clubs. not in our snaughty snub country of shotty soccer

Comment

haha most of this will happen over time. More importantly will the new USSF President, tweak the DA and actually make them play against local competition. Even the pro clubs in Europe play against there local clubs. not in our snaughty snub country of shotty soccer
      What local competition? That would be a bloodbath every week. The DA is much higher level and what makes it very good is that week in and week out, every team gives you a tough game at much faster pace. If we were to play local clubs that would be a joke and not very challenging for the DA players. I believe the main problem with the DA, at least in the Tampa bay area, is that they do not do a good job of advertising what it is to all the parents that have kids playing youth soccer. I remember at my last club, when I knew that I was taking my son to the DA, I told some of the parents and they had never heard of the DA. I believe that about 2/3rds of the parents did not know and I had to explain it to them. Of course, the club that we were at had no incentive to tell them about it. All clubs in the DA's orbit should be given some sort of incentive to push players to the DA's, but they only look at it as they are losing $$$'s. I know for a fact that there are many, I have seen them, at a young age, kids, that if there parents were educated to the DA and were able to get into the system, would be much much better soccer players today and maybe have a future in the sport. Since those kids stayed where they were, they did not push themselves and are now average older players, when maybe it did not have to be that way.

Comment

What local competition? That would be a bloodbath every week. The DA is much higher level and what makes it very good is that week in and week out, every team gives you a tough game at much faster pace. If we were to play local clubs that would be a joke and not very challenging for the DA players. I believe the main problem with the DA, at least in the Tampa bay area, is that they do not do a good job of advertising what it is to all the parents that have kids playing youth soccer. I remember at my last club, when I knew that I was taking my son to the DA, I told some of the parents and they had never heard of the DA. I believe that about 2/3rds of the parents did not know and I had to explain it to them. Of course, the club that we were at had no incentive to tell them about it. All clubs in the DA's orbit should be given some sort of incentive to push players to the DA's, but they only look at it as they are losing $$$'s. I know for a fact that there are many, I have seen them, at a young age, kids, that if there parents were educated to the DA and were able to get into the system, would be much much better soccer players today and maybe have a future in the sport. Since those kids stayed where they were, they did not push themselves and are now average older players, when maybe it did not have to be that way.
        What is the motivation for a club to encourage their best players to leave for rival club with DA? That may work in a utopian soccer society but youth soccer is mired in dystopia.

Comment

dear delusional parent. until you spend time going around and seeing the teams that are out there you will never understand. Sure the DA has the best players sort of from 2 years ago. ALL kid develop at different times both physically and on the ball. When I here these comments, but see kids in different club that are better then the ones in the DA it makes comments like yours look silly. Please understand the best forward in the 04, 03,02's all play outside of the DA. please see that most DA's in Florida are very good but not great. From personal experience I have seen kids leave the DA and struggle realizing they weren't as good as they were being told they were. I have also seen kids go to the DA and realized that the level isn't as high at times as promised.

Comment

dear delusional parent. until you spend time going around and seeing the teams that are out there you will never understand. Sure the DA has the best players sort of from 2 years ago. ALL kid develop at different times both physically and on the ball. When I here these comments, but see kids in different club that are better then the ones in the DA it makes comments like yours look silly. Please understand the best forward in the 04, 03,02's all play outside of the DA. please see that most DA's in Florida are very good but not great. From personal experience I have seen kids leave the DA and struggle realizing they weren't as good as they were being told they were. I have also seen kids go to the DA and realized that the level isn't as high at times as promised.
            Ok, sure, cut from tryouts non DA daddy or never even considered. I have a kid in DA and ones in non DA. I have seen all the teams in those age groups and what you say is just not true. I may have seen some kids with potential to either be a bench player or possibly start at the DA level, given their rapid entry into the DA, but not a guaranteed thing due to more pressure to perform. However, any teams that could possible come close to beating a DA team, especially, U15 and up, not a chance in hell.

Comment

What is the motivation for a club to encourage their best players to leave for rival club with DA? That may work in a utopian soccer society but youth soccer is mired in dystopia.
              Exactly, the DA should not be a rival club, I am all for that or at least not considered a rival club. People are not educated to the fact that even though a rival cdl club in the area has a DA, they are two separate entities. It is the parents, coaches and DOC's egos that screw everything up. Those parents would rather their kid stay at club and team that is mediocre instead of going to what they perceive as a rival club even if it is better for that kid in the long term.

Comment

USA Soccer is a pay to play system.
                It is not about skill. It is about money.

Comment

Ok, sure, cut from tryouts non DA daddy or never even considered. I have a kid in DA and ones in non DA. I have seen all the teams in those age groups and what you say is just not true. I may have seen some kids with potential to either be a bench player or possibly start at the DA level, given their rapid entry into the DA, but not a guaranteed thing due to more pressure to perform. However, any teams that could possible come close to beating a DA team, especially, U15 and up, not a chance in hell.
                  sure/ see what I mean smug comment. using the typical cut form da. you're a moron. I don't need to justify myself. that said you are the apidamy of failure in soccer in this country

Comment

Wrong!!!! For fact TBU DA Played a couple of teams last weekend, that come from a low level club , where the registration and team fees and uniform all add up to about $600 for everything. They played DA one team lost 5 -2 but then one team lost but 3-2, pretty good competition, I would say, at least the 3-2. Now I agree that more players need to be exposed to the DA process, as most of the kids who lost the 3-2 game, a lot of those kids could be in DA, but dont have the opportunity based on distance and finances, and their is the problem.

Comment

The problem with DA is that 1) the program is run by U.S. soccer, which is itself an abysmal failure and 2) the system does not believe in game competition. Games are where the rubber meets the road - games are faster than practice, and the competition is new. Competing in drills against teammates you know intimately because you have played together since you were 6 just does not force you to play at your highest level. Can someone explain to me how/why U.S. Soccer has a strangle hold on the game in this Country? Its not affiliated with the government, its just a private corporation.

Comment

The problem with DA is that 1) the program is run by U.S. soccer, which is itself an abysmal failure and 2) the system does not believe in game competition. Games are where the rubber meets the road - games are faster than practice, and the competition is new. Competing in drills against teammates you know intimately because you have played together since you were 6 just does not force you to play at your highest level. Can someone explain to me how/why U.S. Soccer has a strangle hold on the game in this Country? Its not affiliated with the government, its just a private corporation.
                        What in tar nation are you talking about? All the DA is about is competitive games and less of them, unlike regular club where you have about 60 to 70 games with about 10 to 15 of them being competitive. At the DA, you have about 40 games and all of them are competitive. So clueless.

Comment

Wrong!!!! For fact TBU DA Played a couple of teams last weekend, that come from a low level club , where the registration and team fees and uniform all add up to about $600 for everything. They played DA one team lost 5 -2 but then one team lost but 3-2, pretty good competition, I would say, at least the 3-2. Now I agree that more players need to be exposed to the DA process, as most of the kids who lost the 3-2 game, a lot of those kids could be in DA, but dont have the opportunity based on distance and finances, and their is the problem.
                          First off, I don't really believe you, but Ok, I'll play along. I guarantee you that TBU was doing a lot of experimenting with lineups, positions, formations, playing subs a lot more than they normally would. Also, TBU is one of the worst DA's in the entire country. They are always at the bottom of the table and all the area's best players are at the Chargers. Come on, everyone knows that. But you keep right on telling yourself that regular club soccer is good and not just about rec soccer.

Comment

What in tar nation are you talking about? All the DA is about is competitive games and less of them, unlike regular club where you have about 60 to 70 games with about 10 to 15 of them being competitive. At the DA, you have about 40 games and all of them are competitive. So clueless.
                            yeah because, IMG, Orlando City, Jacksonville Armada, TBU, Surf, etc are such great DA's. so that's at least 10 useless games right there.

Comment

yeah because, IMG, Orlando City, Jacksonville Armada, TBU, Surf, etc are such great DA's. so that's at least 10 useless games right there.
                              Oh, I see what is happening, you are talking about Junior DA and I am talking about U15 and up DA, two different things altogether. Why don't you get back to me once you have had some more experience in the DA system.

Comment

funny thing is most of those jr DAs will be just fine when they consolidate to the real DA's this is the large net effect. lets catch more kids at 12 weed out the good kids. send them to the full program and send the rest to ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X