X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the reason why US Soccer will never make it at the world stage

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usmnt-l...205303696.html

Johnatan Gonzalez is a nobody. He was not developed by DA, thetefore hebis just another rec player.

Comment

That article says the don't know why he went but appears slanted toward not playing him in his natural position and/or showing him enough love.

There could be a ton of reasons he made his choice.

- Mexico giving his extended family some kind of benefit
      - He felt Mexico's NT was more stable and could provide better support
      - Cartel could be holding someone hostage....who knows

Comment

Can you blame him? The USMNT is a bad joke, no direction no talent. If I were his age and had the chance, I'd leave and play for El Tri - not because of any loyalty, but because they know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Can you blame him? The USMNT is a bad joke, no direction no talent. If I were his age and had the chance, I'd leave and play for El Tri - not because of any loyalty, but because they know what they are doing.

True. Loyalty and sports are rarely a common denominator.

Comment

If you're good enough to play outside the country you do it. Playing in the US will get you nowhere. Even if it doesn't work out after a few years you can come back better trained than most MLS players and have a good career here, along with all the about-to-retire international old farts.

Comment

Here's what I don't understand. Take a sport like the 100-yard dash. The difference between world class athletes can be hundredths of seconds. My question is why is this kid so much better than his peers? At the top of the heap, shouldn't all players be fairly equal because they've been trained and conditioned to the peak of human potential? Why the gap?

Comment

Here's what I don't understand. Take a sport like the 100-yard dash. The difference between world class athletes can be hundredths of seconds. My question is why is this kid so much better than his peers? At the top of the heap, shouldn't all players be fairly equal because they've been trained and conditioned to the peak of human potential? Why the gap?
                His peers are excellent. But he is better and more consistent.

Comment

There’s a mental aspect to the sport that is underestimated and can’t be trained in the way u are suggesting. Every touch requires player often under pressure to make decisions. At the level this kid is at its not technical ability or athletcism that separates its decision making. Judging by this kids position I would say what separates him is decision making and personality. It’s not like the nfl combine.

Comment

Bring Jurgen get back and got some more of these transformed Americans from Germany...It's not like any of those guys would have played for Germany

Comment

If he wants to go play for Mexico let him go. One player is not that big of a deal. Besides, what has the Mexican National Team ever won? I don't remember them winning the World Cup in the last 30 years.

The US does need to focus on different players than what they have been recruiting but don't need to make an effort to focus on any one race or culture. Just get the best players.

If you missed on this guy, oh well, there are millions of other players in this country. go find them.

Comment

I absolutely love the way soccer is in America. Granted, I would like to see the US qualify every time but I just love the way it is in the US. The main reason that I love it, is because there is a big part of me that loves the underdog. Quite frankly, there are very few things in the US that makes us underdogs. We dominate most everything in the world. Our economy, sports (Olympics, winter and summer), entertainment, technology, military, energy production, freedom, etc, etc, etc, the list is too long. So please, I know it is going to happen, but please, at least for a while, don't make the US a soccer superpower. When we win the World cup in 2026 it will mean so much more to this country than if we did it when no thought we could. See Miracle on Ice for instructions. So much bigger of a story than if we were like Germany, boring, arrogant and freakin good.

Comment

I absolutely love the way soccer is in America. Granted, I would like to see the US qualify every time but I just love the way it is in the US. The main reason that I love it, is because there is a big part of me that loves the underdog. Quite frankly, there are very few things in the US that makes us underdogs. We dominate most everything in the world. Our economy, sports (Olympics, winter and summer), entertainment, technology, military, energy production, freedom, etc, etc, etc, the list is too long. So please, I know it is going to happen, but please, at least for a while, don't make the US a soccer superpower. When we win the World cup in 2026 it will mean so much more to this country than if we did it when no thought we could. See Miracle on Ice for instructions. So much bigger of a story than if we were like Germany, boring, arrogant and freakin good.
                          You calling out another as arrogant with this post is so ironic!

Comment

Just a guess, but runners are for the most part a one trick pony deal. Gifted yes, fast yes, work hard to refine their gift absolutely.

Soccer requires many skills besides speed and depending on who you trained with, how you trained as well as your God gifted talent will create a wider disparity in results.

Lots soccer players train hard to become skilled but we all know, you cant teach speed. You have it or you don't.

Comment

Just a guess, but runners are for the most part a one trick pony deal. Gifted yes, fast yes, work hard to refine their gift absolutely.

Soccer requires many skills besides speed and depending on who you trained with, how you trained as well as your God gifted talent will create a wider disparity in results.

Lots soccer players train hard to become skilled but we all know, you cant teach speed. You have it or you don't.
                              funny how so many posters are in the dark when it comes to the actual sport of soccer. my guess is this kid is fast enough but speed is probably the least important part of his game. he's a holding midfielder. his strengths are probably tackling, passing, tactical intelligence, toughness. Not speed. usa needs midfielders. he's 18 and a solid Liga MX player. yes losing this kid is important.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X