• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    per calendar day or days played?
    3.5 Euros a month...about 4 bucks.

Comment

in spain its 50 a month, includes 2 hours a week of field use and one weekend game. uniforms and tournament travel not included. UK was more expensive. Yes I lived there.

an average spainaird makes about 15000 euros a month

do the math

Comment

3.5 Euros a month...about 4 bucks.
        http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/how...rmany.2015117/

Looks like they made a concerted effort to lower the costs.

Comment

Try girls gymnastics. At $380 a month just for practices then add on leotards and meets and its around 6K a year for the budding Nastia Lukins.

At least with boys soccer I get to yell and shout and live my past sports failures through the kid on the field. With Gymanstics I really don't care about it at all and its a beating to sit through a meets.

Comment

in spain its 50 a month, includes 2 hours a week of field use and one weekend game. uniforms and tournament travel not included. UK was more expensive. Yes I lived there.

an average spainaird makes about 15000 euros a month

do the math
            I think you mean 1,500 euros per month (not 15,000). About US$1,700.

Comment

Elsewhere in the world it's about the talent, not who can write a check.
              We as parents are at fault!!! We need more local leagues and leave the professional stuff to the professional clubs and not some English dude's retirement plan!

Comment

We as parents are at fault!!! We need more local leagues and leave the professional stuff to the professional clubs and not some English dude's retirement plan!
                I agree it's parents that ultimately call the shots. But unless parents start demanding change and, better yet, start walking away from pricey clubs for less expensive alternatives, clubs will be able to get what the market is willing to pay. Parents need to stop being fearful that their kid will somehow miss out if they're not on a "top" team at a "top club by U11." Most kids won't ever even play in high school let alone college. Resist the temptation to join a costly team until they're at least 13 or 14. Seek out good coaches - they're out there - and do some supplemental work. If your kids balks at doing supplemental work then he/she isn't going to last. If they jump at any chance to have a ball at their feet then you might have a baller.

Comment

So how much are all of you paying that is so high? No club names just the number.

Comment

So how much are all of you paying that is so high? No club names just the number.
                    REC, Club, DA....which one??

Comment

With club dues, travel, is comes to over 8K this year. This is for a DA team that sux..

Comment

With club dues, travel, is comes to over 8K this year. This is for a DA team that sux..
                        What a rip off...... go on vacation and enjoy your kids!!

Comment

Any sport you play competitively is going to cost you $$$ !!! Be thankful you kid isn't in race car driving or equestrian .. You think it's costly to send your kid to California to play in a showcase, what do you think the costs are to send your kid, a trainer and coach and horse across the country to compete in "nationals".

In response to fundraising for kids sports and trips .. GIVE ME A BREAK !!! There is a very low-cost soccer in your area if you can't afford it. Reality is ... these college scholarships in any sport aren't free... you pay now or pay later... most parents know that getting their kids involved in a sport has so many more positive upsides that it's worth the money to spend what you can on them, but have a sense of reality and personal budgeting.

If your kid is a phenom.. and you couldn't afford it.. trust me.. someone would find a way from them to play... otherwise it's a personal choice.. please don't sit outside Publix and tell me how I should give you money because your team made regionals and you need to go to GA...

All that being said.. most clubs are in it to make money.... some more than others... it's all part of the process of doing your due diligence in choosing a club that fits into your family budget !!

Comment

Any sport you play competitively is going to cost you $$$ !!! Be thankful you kid isn't in race car driving or equestrian .. You think it's costly to send your kid to California to play in a showcase, what do you think the costs are to send your kid, a trainer and coach and horse across the country to compete in "nationals".

In response to fundraising for kids sports and trips .. GIVE ME A BREAK !!! There is a very low-cost soccer in your area if you can't afford it. Reality is ... these college scholarships in any sport aren't free... you pay now or pay later... most parents know that getting their kids involved in a sport has so many more positive upsides that it's worth the money to spend what you can on them, but have a sense of reality and personal budgeting.

If your kid is a phenom.. and you couldn't afford it.. trust me.. someone would find a way from them to play... otherwise it's a personal choice.. please don't sit outside Publix and tell me how I should give you money because your team made regionals and you need to go to GA...

All that being said.. most clubs are in it to make money.... some more than others... it's all part of the process of doing your due diligence in choosing a club that fits into your family budget !!
                            No one gets any sympathy for having a kid into show horses and race cars. If you can't afford to buy show horses and race cars, don't. Problem solved. Find an activity in your budget and do it.

Comment

The illusion of college soccer clouds parental judgement. Countless kids drop out before high school. Only 2% of all high school aged kids will play in college. Even fewer will get significant money to play(girls get more than boys ). Put club dues in a college fund andaybe set aside for tutors. Good students have more options.

Comment

What a rip off...... go on vacation and enjoy your kids!!
                                Yeah imagine how many extra twinkies you can buy with that extra cash

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X