Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy Traded from Orlando City to Red Bulls

Sorry to see him leave the area but hope things work out for him. My son played with and against him on several occasions during his youth soccer career and always respected him.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry to see him leave the area but hope things work out for him. My son played with and against him on several occasions during his youth soccer career and always respected him.
    Right on. Tommy is the best thing to ever come out of local soccer (well I guess Dax is okay too). Used to watch him play as a kid with the Vipers. I'm going to miss him.

Comment

Right on. Tommy is the best thing to ever come out of local soccer (well I guess Dax is okay too). Used to watch him play as a kid with the Vipers. I'm going to miss him.
      So Graham Zusi is nothing then huh?

Comment

So Graham Zusi is nothing then huh?
        Eddie Johnson wasn't too bad either

Comment

Sorry to see Tommy go but this goes along with OC mindset on getting rid of the DA. OC does not care about home grown player. This move by the first team says it all. A young, local talent signed as OC first home grown player gets traded to NY Redbull. The writing is on the wall.

Bye bye to the idea of local players playing for hometown club.

You simply don’t trade a local 20 year old with a decade plus left on his career.

Comment

Sorry to see Tommy go but this goes along with OC mindset on getting rid of the DA. OC does not care about home grown player. This move by the first team says it all. A young, local talent signed as OC first home grown player gets traded to NY Redbull. The writing is on the wall.

Bye bye to the idea of local players playing for hometown club.

You simply don’t trade a local 20 year old with a decade plus left on his career.
            Sure you do when you want immediate results. Tommy was not slated to be a starter. They needed someone to replace kaka. Bye tommy hello sacha

Comment

If this doesn't speak volumes then I don't know what does. This just proves the point that OC is not the least bit interested in trying to develop any young soccer players and also drives home the fact that it appears they can't develop a soccer player. You have a young USA international team (U-23) player on your team and he is part of a trade for an aging veteran in Kljestan who is 32 yrs old by the way. Just another mind boggling move IMO by OC management.

Comment

If this doesn't speak volumes then I don't know what does. This just proves the point that OC is not the least bit interested in trying to develop any young soccer players and also drives home the fact that it appears they can't develop a soccer player. You have a young USA international team (U-23) player on your team and he is part of a trade for an aging veteran in Kljestan who is 32 yrs old by the way. Just another mind boggling move IMO by OC management.
                Not really , sounds like a smart business move. Like it or not , MLS teams are a business and TR is good but not that good to make a hipe.

Comment

Eddie Johnson wasn't too bad either
                  Dax Mccarty is from Orlando

Comment

Sorry but Centerbacks don't put buts in seats. Especially when they are part-time starters. OC needed a name and a midfielder don't see this as anything but OC trading someone the could use for someone they wanr / need.

Comment

Sorry but Centerbacks don't put buts in seats. Especially when they are part-time starters. OC needed a name and a midfielder don't see this as anything but OC trading someone the could use for someone they wanr / need.
                      Sacha puts butts in seats? Seriously? Building a winning, but sustainable team with at least some homegrown talent puts butts in seats.

Comment

Part-time starter?? You mean I guess Kreis should keep on starting Aja then because that worked out real well also. A name? I guarantee over 50% of the Orlando City fans don't even know who in the hell Klesjtan is? By the way Klestjan is 32 years old. How many years do you really think he has left?

I don't necessarily think the trade was a good one or a bad one. Rivas is terrible so that isn't a big loss, but Klestjan doesn't have much left in the tank.

Just another sign that OC is poorly managed.

Comment

Sacha puts butts in seats? Seriously? Building a winning, but sustainable team with at least some homegrown talent puts butts in seats.
                          Agreed! Klesjtan doesn't put any butts in the seats. I guarantee you many Orlando City fans don't even know who he is! It's a joke of an organization but we already knew that. It's not all that much different than the Orlando Magic.

Comment

Agreed! Klesjtan doesn't put any butts in the seats. I guarantee you many Orlando City fans don't even know who he is! It's a joke of an organization but we already knew that. It's not all that much different than the Orlando Magic.
                            I am no Klesjtan fan but he was league leader for assists.So if you watch MLS you know him. It is nice that Redding is a local player but thats about it.

Comment

We did not renew our season tickets.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X