Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Img

What are the advantages of going to IMG ? Do they offer scholarships for out of state kids

Go browse the website. Awesome facility and concept. Very expensive.

For soccer...not sure how much scholarship $$$ is available. Certainly some $$ is for top players.

The disadvantage I see is that some of the teams are weak. If you an elite player, do you want to go train and play with a weak group? I think IMG is going to need to recruit more and scholarship more if they want to attack the top players.

Comment

If you are considering IMG from another state, WHY not also consider a top prep school like South Kent or Berkshire?

Comment

I heard someone say that the younger teams are weak because parents are less likely to send young kids off to boarding school under the age of 16 to invest in a "pro career". Now for those who are juniors and seniors it probably sounds a lot better. I guess that means parents are more likely to drink the Kool Aid in the last two years of a kids HS career.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I heard someone say that the younger teams are weak because parents are less likely to send young kids off to boarding school under the age of 16 to invest in a "pro career". Now for those who are juniors and seniors it probably sounds a lot better. I guess that means parents are more likely to drink the Kool Aid in the last two years of a kids HS career.
          Works well for the football program.

Comment

Orrrrr, they have a more relative understanding of their kids interest and talent level. Oh, and they have a lot of money.

Comment

Works well for the football program.
              What they do is unique but less unique for soccer where there are other DAs spread out around the country. There aren't as many football dedicated sport campuses around the country to showcase at. Remember, HS coaches still have a lot of power in football recruiting while they have been almost eliminated from the recruiting process in soccer.

Comment

IMG has a great program but if you have the $$$ you can buy your way in. They have teams of all different levels but everyone pays the same 50k a year. Being in Sarasota county we have played many IMG teams. USA, NPL, FSPL, and DA. My oldest son would say dad we are playing the Million dollar team today. The team typically have 20 players @ 50k = million dollars.

The talent of players was not any better the tactical skills and set play are the area IMG teams excelled.

If you have the cash could be worth it.

Comment

What they do is unique but less unique for soccer where there are other DAs spread out around the country. There aren't as many football dedicated sport campuses around the country to showcase at. Remember, HS coaches still have a lot of power in football recruiting while they have been almost eliminated from the recruiting process in soccer.
                  Keep in mind that IMG can offer not only practice on the field but also world-class training center to develop the players' speed, agility, conditioning, and strength. There is a reason numerous NFL prospect train there before the combine and in the offseason.

Comment

Keep in mind that IMG can offer not only practice on the field but also world-class training center to develop the players' speed, agility, conditioning, and strength. There is a reason numerous NFL prospect train there before the combine and in the offseason.
                    You can pay dedicated strength and conditioning trainers to give your kid 1 on 1 attention for a lot less than sending them to IMG. As long as you live in an urban area. If not, IMG is probably a good option.

That stuff is a marketing point. People go there because of they attention they draw by playing big games around the country and all the NFL people who visit and scout the place.

I don't think that translates the same to all sports. It varies from sport to sport. They do get some top basketball and football prospects as well as a lot of the individual sports (Tennis and Golf). I'm not sure how the Lacrosse and Soccer programs do in comparison to the others because I don't follow the teams. I do know they recruit nationally looking for players for all sports.

Comment

Go browse the website. Awesome facility and concept. Very expensive.

For soccer...not sure how much scholarship $$$ is available. Certainly some $$ is for top players.

The disadvantage I see is that some of the teams are weak. If you an elite player, do you want to go train and play with a weak group? I think IMG is going to need to recruit more and scholarship more if they want to attack the top players.
                      Yes they offer scholarships for out of state and in state, but the kid has to able to play well , not ok , but be one of the better players on his team

Comment

Did somebody actual start a thread about this craphole of a program. Why ? why? why? Really they Hired GS this year. com-on man...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X