Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer

Perhaps the most interesting thing you might read this month about US Soccer and the world cup.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/6/5/1...ti-bruce-arena

When you're done reading that, listen to this -- the 1998 WC fiasco

https://www.wnycstudios.org/shows/american-fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Perhaps the most interesting thing you might read this month about US Soccer and the world cup.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/6/5/1...ti-bruce-arena
      Very biased. basically can be summarized with. lets blame Klinsmann ...

Comment

I prefer this one

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/1...never-existed/

Comment

Very biased. basically can be summarized with. lets blame Klinsmann ...
          It was produced with interviews with people inside US Soccer like actual players and staff and you know "people".

It's amazing that US Soccer was blind to the fact that Klinsmann was run out of Germany just he was hired. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Comment

It was produced with interviews with people inside US Soccer like actual players and staff and you know "people".

It's amazing that US Soccer was blind to the fact that Klinsmann was run out of Germany just he was hired. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
            Not really. it was produced by talking to people with an agenda. Why was no one found to criticize Arena ? You do realize that US Soccer or MLS is not remotely equivalent to Germany or the Bundesliga right ? Jk could easily be a bad fit for Die mannscahft but ideal for another country.

the article is one sided by design. lots of JK bashing very little accountability being taken.

Comment

Not really. it was produced by talking to people with an agenda. Why was no one found to criticize Arena ? You do realize that US Soccer or MLS is not remotely equivalent to Germany or the Bundesliga right ? Jk could easily be a bad fit for Die mannscahft but ideal for another country.

the article is one sided by design. lots of JK bashing very little accountability being taken.
              Arena was a stop gap measure because of Klinnsman. If JK wasnt so bad US would have never needed Arena

That being said Arenas tactical and lineups were horrible. He has been and needs to be held accountable for those decisions

Comment

Ultimate blame comes from the top. "The buck stops here" motto

Comment

When you're done reading that, listen to this -- the 1998 WC fiasco

https://www.wnycstudios.org/shows/american-fiasco
                  Isn't this just the best? I love Roger.

Comment

Isn't this just the best? I love Roger.
                    OMG yes. such a stan I am.

amazing insights into that era. does remind one that we won through grit, pluck, ego with a healthy dose of skill. how much of that remains for current USMNT?

Comment

OMG yes. such a stan I am.

amazing insights into that era. does remind one that we won through grit, pluck, ego with a healthy dose of skill. how much of that remains for current USMNT?
                      So happy our boys boycotted the World Cup because it's in Russia. Proud of our patriotic citizens.

Comment

So happy our boys boycotted the World Cup because it's in Russia. Proud of our patriotic citizens.
                        Hey, the traditional powerhouse Italians and Dutch were leading the boycott charge, we made the right choice I think.

Comment

A coach just told my daughter that they wouldn't able to see her play in Seattle at the ECNL Nationals because he will be in CA at Academy Nationals. It just sucks that USSF and ECNL wage war against each other by scheduling events at same time, and guess who suffers the most, the kids. I feel like boycotting the USWNT game in CT in July, but then that only hurts the girls playing and my kid that wants to go watch.

Comment

The ECNL has set up there events a year in advance and in some case over a year. The GDAP decided to do the same event dates.

Comment

A coach just told my daughter that they wouldn't able to see her play in Seattle at the ECNL Nationals because he will be in CA at Academy Nationals. It just sucks that USSF and ECNL wage war against each other by scheduling events at same time, and guess who suffers the most, the kids. I feel like boycotting the USWNT game in CT in July, but then that only hurts the girls playing and my kid that wants to go watch.
                              Hire a videotape of the entire game and send it to the coach in its entirety. Then you can go from there. There is good technology available to prevent the players from being more damaged by this stupid fight then they already are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X