• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    but they arent- but as long as you think they are ,makes it less weird, not
    only in your make believe world is your life normal
    Next time leave your dentures in, me likes a little bite

Comment

Villanova in a year or possibly this year will be better than UConn and Syracuse. They will never be better than BC

Comment

If your kid ever played in a match with 85 scouts on the sideline you might actually find out. Plenty of kids get unsolicited interest.

UNC is a great example. Anson has recruited players that he discovered when showing up to check out an entirely different kid. Happens all of the time. Your example of Top 50 is pretty broad as well. There are about 1500 players on top 50 rosters. Many get discovered randomly at these events.

Also, if you think that exposure comes from ID camps....guess again
        Dad lay off the grass. Stupid parents

Comment

Next time leave your dentures in, me likes a little bite
          well you can only Little bite your little diq

Comment

The the OP. Majority of recruiting is players and Club coaches reaching out and inviting players to games. Top programs typically get tipped off from Club staff or player lists from ID2 etc.

It’s been my experience that kids definitely get random interest. Had a GK a few years back that was slow to commit due to a school wanting her SATs. During that waiting period she had several unsolicited offers after killing it in at national event. Not something I’d want to bank on but it happens
            you also miss the point. there is a big difference between unsolicited interest (flattering, I get it ) and an unsolicited approach ending with the kid actually ending up at the school.
            I did not say it does not happen . I said it happens very rarely. You have had to go "a few years back", so its sounds like you agree.

Unsolicited interest happens all the time with good players, but its not particularly valuable. That interest is usually late to the party.

Comment

Villanova in a year or possibly this year will be better than UConn and Syracuse. They will never be better than BC
              You should pin this comment.

Comment

You should pin this comment.
                It's probably the mom of YU's Villanova commit.

Comment

you also miss the point. there is a big difference between unsolicited interest (flattering, I get it ) and an unsolicited approach ending with the kid actually ending up at the school.
                  I did not say it does not happen . I said it happens very rarely. You have had to go "a few years back", so its sounds like you agree.

Unsolicited interest happens all the time with good players, but its not particularly valuable. That interest is usually late to the party.
                  There's usually a reason a school hasn't made a player's short list - it doesn't fit their criteria for academics or soccer or location or size or.... And if the player is a standout then they don't have to shoot wide. They'll get interest from their top choices. Coaches might give it one shot to get a conversation going but that's it. It isn't worth their time to push for a player they're unlikely to get. They just move to the next player on their list who does want to go to the school.

Comment

There's usually a reason a school hasn't made a player's short list - it doesn't fit their criteria for academics or soccer or location or size or.... And if the player is a standout then they don't have to shoot wide. They'll get interest from their top choices. Coaches might give it one shot to get a conversation going but that's it. It isn't worth their time to push for a player they're unlikely to get. They just move to the next player on their list who does want to go to the school.
                    which is why bragging about coach numbers on sidelines or "exposure" never makes much sense to me. So much of the marketing around these leagues is directed at average players which contradicts the whole notion that they are full of top talents and great teams.

Most of the issues stem form the fact that participation at so called elite levels needs to be cut by 50 pct, but it never will be. Pay to play .

Comment

which is why bragging about coach numbers on sidelines or "exposure" never makes much sense to me. So much of the marketing around these leagues is directed at average players which contradicts the whole notion that they are full of top talents and great teams.

Most of the issues stem form the fact that participation at so called elite levels needs to be cut by 50 pct, but it never will be. Pay to play .
                      Whoever can pay is elite.

The reason why games with top teams have so many coaches is those coaches are there to watch specific players. A stacked roster will get lots of coaches, many times multiple watching the same player. They're generally not window shopping. They come with a shopping list and might add the equivalent of a candy bar at the check out line.

Comment

Whoever can pay is elite.

The reason why games with top teams have so many coaches is those coaches are there to watch specific players. A stacked roster will get lots of coaches, many times multiple watching the same player. They're generally not window shopping. They come with a shopping list and might add the equivalent of a candy bar at the check out line.
                        we seem to agree. Ive seen some of the biggest names in the College game come to watch one player becasue they are scouting her as someone they will likely play against !! You should have seen how excited it made some of the parents !!

We had 6 ACC coaches at our game ... LOL

Comment

we seem to agree. Ive seen some of the biggest names in the College game come to watch one player becasue they are scouting her as someone they will likely play against !! You should have seen how excited it made some of the parents !!

We had 6 ACC coaches at our game ... LOL
                          And how many of them offered any of your kids $$? Being at FSA, there are tons of ACC coaches when we play teams from Carolina, GA, or the southeast .... they are there to watch kids from those areas mostly. Most of the coaches there to watch our kids were the ones from the northeast that our players contacted. Most of the coaches that our team contacted seem to have shown up. Very few are hemorrhaging loads of money at our kids though.

Comment

And how many of them offered any of your kids $$? Being at FSA, there are tons of ACC coaches when we play teams from Carolina, GA, or the southeast .... they are there to watch kids from those areas mostly. Most of the coaches there to watch our kids were the ones from the northeast that our players contacted. Most of the coaches that our team contacted seem to have shown up. Very few are hemorrhaging loads of money at our kids though.
                            Thats my point. Number of coaches watching is a silly bragging point. Going across the country for showcases is a waste of time and money. from a recruiting standpoint.

Comment

Thats my point. Number of coaches watching is a silly bragging point. Going across the country for showcases is a waste of time and money. from a recruiting standpoint.
                              Says someone that has no clue how any of this works.

Comment

Says someone that has no clue how any of this works.
                                Yep. 2 kids, both playing College soccer - no idea.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X