X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Such an original statement

Do you even know who played? Do you know the young players background?
    I watched the game (on tape, no sound). The US side is the typical uninteresting, uncreative, low soccer IQ, poor-individual-relationship-with-a-soccer-ball, big on supposed athleticism and poorly coached team i've grown to expect and can barely tolerate watching, if it weren't for my desperate hope that US soccer will one day turn into something to be proud of before I die.

Thank you.

Comment

Such an original statement

Do you even know who played? Do you know the young players background?
      Yes I do. Here’s the sad reality. Only one player on yesterday’s US roster came from a non- MLS DA club (CA club - Surf I think?). So, what is the point of playing DA for a BS, OW, FCW, etc.

Comment

Yes I do. Here’s the sad reality. Only one player on yesterday’s US roster came from a non- MLS DA club (CA club - Surf I think?). So, what is the point of playing DA for a BS, OW, FCW, etc.
        Yup. The top talent is at MLS clubs. There's a few non MLS gems floating around that can't do MLS (geography) but the rest find a way to make it work. CT kids go to NYCFC, Red Bulls, even the Revs. Some non MLS clubs are very poor, but it's also true not all MLS clubs are great (Revs for example but they're very poorly managed). But it's understandable that MLS clubs want to split off from the rest. If only the US wasn't so gigantic

Comment

Why is that sad. The system was designed to funnel talent to the pro teams.

Non pro Academies are the Washington Generals and are ment to cover geography where there’s no pro team.

Comment

They should replace the who

Comment

A team made up of Michael Bradley's would destroy the team you are defending.

...and Michael Bradley wouldn't make one of the teams that will emerge from the group stage at World Cup.
              Michael Bradley got owned in Columbus. He’s past his shelf life

Comment

I watched the game (on tape, no sound). The US side is the typical uninteresting, uncreative, low soccer IQ, poor-individual-relationship-with-a-soccer-ball, big on supposed athleticism and poorly coached team i've grown to expect and can barely tolerate watching, if it weren't for my desperate hope that US soccer will one day turn into something to be proud of before I die.

Thank you.
                Except multiple young players are playing for world football top teams

Comment

Except multiple young players are playing for world football top teams
                  Pulisic and McKennie are the only two that are honestly playing for “world football top teams”. No one else is getting any playing time on a top team.

Comment

Pulisic and McKennie are the only two that are honestly playing for “world football top teams”. No one else is getting any playing time on a top team.
                    Yes you are correct but a number of these players are playing in Europe. More so than in a long time. Thankfully not toiling in MLS

Weah has gotten some first team @ PSG
                    Wood @ Hamburg ... okay maybe not a top team
                    Yedlin @ New Castle
                    Dela Torre @ Fulham
                    Sargent @ Werder Bremen
                    Moore @ Levante in La Liga
                    Carter Vickers
                    Miazga

Comment

Yes you are correct but a number of these players are playing in Europe. More so than in a long time. Thankfully not toiling in MLS

Yedlin @ New Castle
                      Dela Torre @ Fulham
                      Sargent @ Werder Bremen
                      Carter Vickers
                      Miazga
                      A decent MLS side is better than most of those. Lol

Comment

A decent MLS side is better than most of those. Lol
                        Right ...

Comment

Yedlin @ New Castle
                          Dela Torre @ Fulham
                          Sargent @ Werder Bremen
                          Carter Vickers
                          Miazga
                          You’re seriously changing the narrative. I’ll give you Yedlin.

Comment

You’re seriously changing the narrative. I’ll give you Yedlin.
                            Nope narrative has always been very good young talent playing in Europe. A bit of hyperbole in regards to top Teams in world football

Comment

US MENS team needs direction from the top down . Passion is and always has been missing.

Comment

Nope narrative has always been very good young talent playing in Europe. A bit of hyperbole in regards to top Teams in world football
                                In fact US was one of two teams to make final rounds of both 17 and 20 Youth World Cups

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X