Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a top player training with average ones is good for their development? A top player getting mediocre training is good for their development? DA is quickly diverging into just a few good clubs. The quality of the competition is diverging as well. If you can't make one of those top teams stick with the next best option with the best coaching, quality teammates and good competition. It's most likely you'll get more out of it.
    Show me the top female players who ARE playing on teams full of other top players who are on the YNTs U17 and above?

Comment

So a top player training with average ones is good for their development? A top player getting mediocre training is good for their development? DA is quickly diverging into just a few good clubs. The quality of the competition is diverging as well. If you can't make one of those top teams stick with the next best option with the best coaching, quality teammates and good competition. It's most likely you'll get more out of it.
      by the way, who said you can ONLY train with kids on your own team? Where did i say mediocre training? I said the GAMES are nowhere near as important as people are making out.

I said I dont care about the quality of OTHER clubs in the GDA.

I said competition is much more that Saturdays game

Comment

by the way, who said you can ONLY train with kids on your own team? Where did i say mediocre training? I said the GAMES are nowhere near as important as people are making out.

There's basically three components : quality of the coaching, teammates and competition. If you don't have the first two then the third better be phenomenal, especially with only one game a week. The top few clubs get the first two but only the third when they play the other good teams. The bottom clubs don't have one or two but do have the third - but again that's one day a week. The quality of experience is very dependent on what your club options are

Comment

There's basically three components : quality of the coaching, teammates and competition. If you don't have the first two then the third better be phenomenal, especially with only one game a week. The top few clubs get the first two but only the third when they play the other good teams. The bottom clubs don't have one or two but do have the third - but again that's one day a week. The quality of experience is very dependent on what your club options are
          Agree on the latter. Do not agree on teammates from an ability standpoint. I do agree from an attitude standpoint. if the team culture is hard work and focus, then ability is not that important.

Competition is not just games. if you have 4 practices and a game. then competitive practices are enough to sharpen the knife. Every game does not have to be. In fact some less competitive games are a good thing.

the top Clubs DO NOT have the first 2. The biggest indicator of how upside down this is would be this. many Clubs have better attitudes and/or team at U17 and 16 than they do U 18 an 19. Why? because to many, once committed, the grind is largely over. Thats tells you that for many, its a means to an end.

In my definition, a top club is one that is able to provide an environment for a talented player to reach her potential. Not one that generates great game results per se. If you can do both, bravo. VERY few clubs can.

Comment

Agree on the latter. Do not agree on teammates from an ability standpoint. I do agree from an attitude standpoint. if the team culture is hard work and focus, then ability is not that important.

Competition is not just games. if you have 4 practices and a game. then competitive practices are enough to sharpen the knife. Every game does not have to be. In fact some less competitive games are a good thing.

the top Clubs DO NOT have the first 2. The biggest indicator of how upside down this is would be this. many Clubs have better attitudes and/or team at U17 and 16 than they do U 18 an 19. Why? because to many, once committed, the grind is largely over. Thats tells you that for many, its a means to an end.

In my definition, a top club is one that is able to provide an environment for a talented player to reach her potential. Not one that generates great game results per se. If you can do both, bravo. VERY few clubs can.
            Yes!!! Too many people are fixated on game results and have lost sight of the process/training. There are too many clubs that use this as a selling point because they know that the parents will buy into it. It seems with the DA's ratio of practices to games, they are attempting to shift the focus. That's a good thing and should be commended.

Comment

Yes!!! Too many people are fixated on game results and have lost sight of the process/training. There are too many clubs that use this as a selling point because they know that the parents will buy into it. It seems with the DA's ratio of practices to games, they are attempting to shift the focus. That's a good thing and should be commended.
              The DA has focused on the everyday training environment from day 1, more than 11 years ago.

Comment

The DA has focused on the everyday training environment from day 1, more than 11 years ago.
                It has proven successful on the national team side of things

Comment

Yes it's really working out well on the men' side

Comment

with respect, the NT has failed by relying on the old guard. Dont think the GDA can counter a system that blocks them for PT at MLS level by signing foreign players. Unless a player is good/brave enough to go abroad at a young age, he faces the status quo.

Things got difficult at the NT level - solution an MLS retread in Arena and at president, another status quo non Soccer guy who can call his "legacy" getting the WC in 2026 as opposed to fixing the playing side mess.

Comment

We can agree to disagree on that. IMO, the game is the best teacher. Until you can apply what you have learned in a fast paced, competitive game, you will not reach your potential. So yes, you should worry about the competition. At training. But also the other clubs in whatever league you are in. If that isn’t important, stay in travel with a coach you like. There are some good ones out there.

Comment

We can all agree that the USMNT can’t beat third world counties. The DA has done nothing to help. On the girls side the proof is in the pudding. Stars of Mass, PDA, Eclipse, Hawks and Slammers all joined and after less than 1 year all said this is not the same level as the ECNL. There will be more to follow. So Cal Blues? Others as well.
                        Albertson got chucked out of ECNL and then the DA gives the Albertson club a DA spot. Haha. Along with LISC which is a joke and NYSC the DA is crushing it in NY oh I forgot Empire. Embarassing how bad it is. Seacoast are losing girls left and right due to joint the DA, an already bad club getting worse. Northeast DA is bad! NEFC are mad for making the wrong call.

Comment

We can agree to disagree on that. IMO, the game is the best teacher. Until you can apply what you have learned in a fast paced, competitive game, you will not reach your potential. So yes, you should worry about the competition. At training. But also the other clubs in whatever league you are in. If that isn’t important, stay in travel with a coach you like. There are some good ones out there.
                          How many league games IN ANY FEMALE LEAGUE are all fast paced and competitive? you keep drafting a nirvana that does not exist, especially for the very best players. How are they challenged in games?

If you are going to sit around waiting for the challenge in games you will be waiting a long long time if you are a top player.

You have to find your competition 4x per week in training. Now the ECNL has some clubs with 2 teams in the same age, how is that going to be more competitive?

Ill wait....

Comment

We can all agree that the USMNT can’t beat third world counties. The DA has done nothing to help. On the girls side the proof is in the pudding. Stars of Mass, PDA, Eclipse, Hawks and Slammers all joined and after less than 1 year all said this is not the same level as the ECNL. There will be more to follow. So Cal Blues? Others as well.
                            Albertson got chucked out of ECNL and then the DA gives the Albertson club a DA spot. Haha. Along with LISC which is a joke and NYSC the DA is crushing it in NY oh I forgot Empire. Embarassing how bad it is. Seacoast are losing girls left and right due to joint the DA, an already bad club getting worse. Northeast DA is bad! NEFC are mad for making the wrong call.
                            anyone who thinks 4x training per week and1g is the same as 2/3x , 2g B2B and HS needs their head examined. As a coach you are saying I cannot improve my players and make it special by spending more time with them.

They did not leave because its the same. They left for all sorts of commercial reasons and they dressed it up so people like you believe what you wrote.

Pick whatever league you want, but stop talking nonsense

Comment

BTW, FC Stars were pretty bad in the GDA. PDA gave waivers galore, so poor at the beginning as well. Not like they were committed to it anyways.

And tell me again how California Clubs I may see one time if Im lucky impact my kid ?

Comment

anyone who thinks 4x training per week and1g is the same as 2/3x , 2g B2B and HS needs their head examined. As a coach you are saying I cannot improve my players and make it special by spending more time with them.

They did not leave because its the same. They left for all sorts of commercial reasons and they dressed it up so people like you believe what you wrote.

Pick whatever league you want, but stop talking nonsense
                                Or maybe the coaches are so good they can do as much in 2-3 sessions as other coaches in 4. ;)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X