Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thought the spring drama was over, but not looking like it. The Slammers rumor has been floating for weeks but announcing at the end of June? Wonder if fed fought hard to keep them (arguably the best club in the best region for GDA), because this is very late in the game.
    and who will the Slammers play?

Comment

Thought the spring drama was over, but not looking like it. The Slammers rumor has been floating for weeks but announcing at the end of June? Wonder if fed fought hard to keep them (arguably the best club in the best region for GDA), because this is very late in the game.
      If I were a parent whose DD signed up for a GDA team and then found out after tryouts that "sorry, we're only playing ECNL instead", I'd be mad. Shame on any club that makes a switch like this (in either direction) after the season has started.

Comment

Honestly the Slammer announcement surprised me - it seemed like the bleed had stopped a few weeks ago - and they were doing so well in SoCal which everyone holds up as the gold standard for GDA divisions. Now several good clubs are out but poor ones are let in (on top of some poor ones that are already in). Next year will be very ugly. Hopefully clubs announce their departures with more notice for players to make other arrangements.
        Two best clubs in SoCal put their top teams in ECNL - Slammers are "all in" and Blues already put "B" teams in GDA. Watch for similar announcement from Blues soon.

Comment

If I were a parent whose DD signed up for a GDA team and then found out after tryouts that "sorry, we're only playing ECNL instead", I'd be mad. Shame on any club that makes a switch like this (in either direction) after the season has started.
          I'd be ecstatic to find out my DD's team was moving up from GDA to the top league in the country - ECNL.

Comment

Clubs choose to have ignorant parents pay to travel.

Peregrine pays for DA travel.

Better luck next year....
            Peregrine doesn't pay a dime. OYSA parents pay the whole cost through league, cup, ODP, and RTC fees.

Comment

Guessing this decision was made weeks ago and fed tried to hold them in - slammers were top in socal at both older age-groups in GDA. This is a bigger deal than PDA in some ways.

Wondering if Slammer families have know for awhile; rumor was certainly out there.

Comment

What I find more outrageous is no one notified Peregrine first. Given their cache and importance to girls soccer in this country, they should have approval rights of all club decisions on the west coast.

Truly shocking.

Comment

Yea, I think parents were all for the move. Year round GDA with no HS is a deal breaker. Parents were probably driving force.

Comment

Yea, I think parents were all for the move. Year round GDA with no HS is a deal breaker. Parents were probably driving force.
                    Yes it would be shocking if a club listened to its paying customers right?!

Comment

Please. If your kid were strong enough to make a Slammers squad then she's a great player with great coaching and will land a great college spot. The badge doesn't matter. And she can play HS if she wants.

Comment

24 per team on the roster. $2,950 plus $1,200 for showcases and $125.00 for tryouts. $2,950+$1,200+$125=$4,275 per player x 24 players x 4 teams = $410,400.00 in travel costs paid for by parents.

Parents pay the first $410,400.00 per year. That is a lot of travel.
                        Do they charge for food on the travel trips too? Or is that included?

Comment

Guessing this decision was made weeks ago and fed tried to hold them in - slammers were top in socal at both older age-groups in GDA. This is a bigger deal than PDA in some ways.

Wondering if Slammer families have know for awhile; rumor was certainly out there.
                          Who joins a team because of what league they play in?

If any of you choose teams because of that you are failing your child!

If you have a child that wants the highest level then you want to play for a team that trains four days a week with a quality coach for a club that has a periodized schedule with individual performance plans for your child. If you do not have any of the above then you are failing your child.

Comment

Who joins a team because of what league they play in?

If any of you choose teams because of that you are failing your child!

If you have a child that wants the highest level then you want to play for a team that trains four days a week with a quality coach for a club that has a periodized schedule with individual performance plans for your child. If you do not have any of the above then you are failing your child.
                            I know of an ECNL team that has multiple players that have had call ups to the national team camp, have only 2 mandatory practices a week, and this team has been ranked at or around #1 in the country for the last couple of years. The 4 days a week training mandate for GDA is unnecessary and overly restrictive.

Comment

I know of an ECNL team that has multiple players that have had call ups to the national team camp, have only 2 mandatory practices a week, and this team has been ranked at or around #1 in the country for the last couple of years. The 4 days a week training mandate for GDA is unnecessary and overly restrictive.
                              Excellent point. The Thorns are trying to make quantity of practices a selling point, while neglecting quality.

Comment

Are you talking about San Jose Earthquakes Academy?
                                It’s four days a week plus, can’t be at the top with three hours a week on the ball.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X