Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You guys are nuts if you think Rush is the cream of the crop and they are taking everyone. The practice facilities and indoor in Montville is not an option unless you are living from Guilford to New London. SCP has a much bigger reach in the New Haven Metro area, though Rush has hurt them in the Clinton/Madison/Guilford area, but that’s about it.
    You can no longer compare Rush Shoreline and SCP. Both clubs going in totally different directions. Rush has a core of strong coaches and a clear pathway which is attractive to many families.

Comment

You guys are nuts if you think Rush is the cream of the crop and they are taking everyone. The practice facilities and indoor in Montville is not an option unless you are living from Guilford to New London. SCP has a much bigger reach in the New Haven Metro area, though Rush has hurt them in the Clinton/Madison/Guilford area, but that’s about it.
      Anyone who is paying attention to soccer in and around New Haven knows that SCP is a shadow of its former self. They have a host of problems and now they have some weak teams and teams that are combined age groups. Rush, who is not a top club, is the destination for families on the Shoreline who are not looking to go to Oakwood or CFC. Rush have good coaches and have managed their rosters far better than SCP. That is appealing to many families. I think most people in the area agree that Shoreline FC is the club that is most likely to fold. Last choice for most people and that is because it is just so poorly managed. Moving forward it is most likely that Rush will consolidate and attract the best talent. As long as they continue to manage their rosters and they don't get greedy SCP will be unable to compete for best players on the Shoreline. Compounding SCP's problems is that they are competing directly with Ginga out of Hamden/Woodbridge as well. SCP is in a lot of trouble.

Comment

Anyone who is paying attention to soccer in and around New Haven knows that SCP is a shadow of its former self. They have a host of problems and now they have some weak teams and teams that are combined age groups. Rush, who is not a top club, is the destination for families on the Shoreline who are not looking to go to Oakwood or CFC. Rush have good coaches and have managed their rosters far better than SCP. That is appealing to many families. I think most people in the area agree that Shoreline FC is the club that is most likely to fold. Last choice for most people and that is because it is just so poorly managed. Moving forward it is most likely that Rush will consolidate and attract the best talent. As long as they continue to manage their rosters and they don't get greedy SCP will be unable to compete for best players on the Shoreline. Compounding SCP's problems is that they are competing directly with Ginga out of Hamden/Woodbridge as well. SCP is in a lot of trouble.
        no one cares. go where you think you get good training and your kid has opportunity. Most likely your kid plays because they love it. All this talk about demise takes away from the real paths. I mean do you really care so much about this? Like the sporting/vale threads. Who cares. It goes by fast.

Comment

no one cares. go where you think you get good training and your kid has opportunity. Most likely your kid plays because they love it. All this talk about demise takes away from the real paths. I mean do you really care so much about this? Like the sporting/vale threads. Who cares. It goes by fast.
          Yes, I do care about this. I would like to see the demise of at least one Premier club in each geographic area. If a club cannot distinguish its teams from town program teams then I want them to wither quickly and die. This will allow fewer Premier clubs to exist and get stronger so there is a clear delineation between town and Premier. Right now it is too diluted. I'm in favor of vibrant town programs across the state and fewer but higher quality Premier programs.

Comment

Yes, I do care about this. I would like to see the demise of at least one Premier club in each geographic area. If a club cannot distinguish its teams from town program teams then I want them to wither quickly and die. This will allow fewer Premier clubs to exist and get stronger so there is a clear delineation between town and Premier. Right now it is too diluted. I'm in favor of vibrant town programs across the state and fewer but higher quality Premier programs.
            well, there are more premiere clubs around because town programs have lost their way. They are run by people that have zero clue with development. Hence you have the same issues Yossarian had in Mr. Heller's writings

Comment

Not really. Yossarian was stuck in a situation that he desperately wanted to get out of. The case for youth soccer families are navigating how to participate in a game they love to watch and play. Fewer Premier programs making good soccer decisions will solve this problem.

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily bad management at the town level. You have well managed town programs. The problem that always comes up is that stronger players get bored playing with and against weaker groups. Unfortunately many leave and end up together at a club like Shoreline FC because they take everyone.

Comment

There is nothing for GPS to purchase here. They will have at most 4, maybe 5 boys teams next year. No Girls teams at all. Quality will be average at best.

Comment

The N Branford branch is a mess. They are currently consolidating teams into multi age teams. Quality is pretty bad. No better than town teams.

Comment

Shoreline FC in North Branford have a grand total of 4 teams competing this Fall. No teams on the girls side. They have a 2005 team but it's extremely weak, would have been better off just shutting that group down.

Comment

Shoreline FC in North Branford have a grand total of 4 teams competing this Fall. No teams on the girls side. They have a 2005 team but it's extremely weak, would have been better off just shutting that group down.
                        Again who cares as much as you do. Loser

Comment

Say the guy who felt the need to post on a thread he supposedly doesn't care about

Comment

I know some would characterize me as a loser for posting this. I just am eager to see weak, poorly managed clubs disappear. Unfortunately others may pop up in their place but I can always hope and dream, can't I? Having Shoreline FC disappear will hopefully re-establish SCP as the dominant club in this part of CT:--)

Comment

I know some would characterize me as a loser for posting this. I just am eager to see weak, poorly managed clubs disappear. Unfortunately others may pop up in their place but I can always hope and dream, can't I? Having Shoreline FC disappear will hopefully re-establish SCP as the dominant club in this part of CT:--)
                              Scp is half way to the grave.

Comment

SCP is having similar problems as Shoreline FC. They are just in a little better shape. SCP have some decent U17 and U18 teams that will be aging out. In the middle school aged years they are also collapsing age groups into one another to try and stay competitive. They have a few teams playing in EDP and that is backfiring on them. They are struggling and families are trying to figure why they have to travel so far to get get smacked around. The younger Girls groups are a mess. On the boys side they are in decent shape at the younger ages. They definitely can build some of that back up and if Shoreline collapses (which is very likely) they will greatly benefit from it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X