X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picks for tomorrow?

Comment

Mexico. I am with Landycakes. I want to see Mexico do well.

Comment

Free burrito from Taco Bell if mehico wins Pablo

Comment

Red Devils in a walkover. Looking good although back 3 got burned twice.

Comment

It would be so nice if Russia's doped-up squad lost this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              It would be so nice if Russia's doped-up squad lost this one.
              They're working on it. Doesn't really matter, though, because they are already through to the next round.

Comment

Interesting article on Juan Carlos Osorio and his CT connections

http://www.courant.com/sports/world-...mpression=true

Comment

They're working on it. Doesn't really matter, though, because they are already through to the next round.
                  They had a cake walk except for this game. Putin made sure FIFA threw in an easy draw when he paid for the WC under the table. He won't be happy losing to a tiny little country :)

Comment

Interesting article on Juan Carlos Osorio and his CT connections

http://www.courant.com/sports/world-...mpression=true
                    Great article; thanks for sharing.

JCO would be amazing as USMNT coach. The younger, FIFA-adept kids would adapt well to shifting lineups/shapes. The MEX-GER win was a masterclass in preparation and execution.

The kicker in the article is the best -- anything to weaken el Tri.

Comment

Great article; thanks for sharing.

JCO would be amazing as USMNT coach. The younger, FIFA-adept kids would adapt well to shifting lineups/shapes. The MEX-GER win was a masterclass in preparation and execution.

The kicker in the article is the best -- anything to weaken el Tri.
                      Notice the point about Spanish language skills needed. Could JCO save Efrain Alvarez and other star Mexican American youth players. If so that would really weaken El Tri

Comment

Spain and Portugal both draw. And, both advance to the next round.

Comment

Spain and Portugal both draw. And, both advance to the next round.
                          I saw the replays several times and still have no idea why Ronaldo got a yellow card (and I don't like Ronaldo too much).

Comment

I saw the replays several times and still have no idea why Ronaldo got a yellow card (and I don't like Ronaldo too much).
                            I am actually perplexed at the fact after letting it go in real time, the ref would call it back to give Ronaldo a yellow. Not to mention it was pure obstruction on the Iranian defenders part. Quite shocking call from a neutral stand point.

Comment

I am actually perplexed at the fact after letting it go in real time, the ref would call it back to give Ronaldo a yellow. Not to mention it was pure obstruction on the Iranian defenders part. Quite shocking call from a neutral stand point.
                              The call for the yellow came from the VAR. When the VAR believes the referee has made a serious judgement in error, he or she is called by the VAR officials to review the play again. He did and then issued the Yellow Card.

Comment

The pundits I was listening to, Ali Wagner and whoever else on Fox Soccer, were aghast and thought Ronaldo should have gotten a red for significantly striking the face of an opponent off the ball. I think that's bull. Ronaldo's a tw4t, but the opponent was clearly obstructing him and any contact was accidentally incidental. I would not have reviewed it and not have given it even so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X