Gal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those attending let’s hope that they will be live streaming all the matches. If not, then it will be a big disappointment for those going for college recruiting. Colleges will be in there “Spring seasons” for those whose leagues are coming back. The vast majority will still not be traveling as well because of the COVID protocols. There will not be a return to normal this Spring and unfortunately it is a lost year for most players. I recommend asking the coaches/club if they will be live streaming the matches so that players can then contact college coaches who will be able to watch all the matches via live stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      In 2019 before the pandemic, the college coaches D had been in touch with all still mentioned Jeff Cup as one of the tournaments they recruit at. Others included ECNL events, Disney, CASL, DA events, Surf Cup.
      Now coaches are getting their budgets severely cut and will have to be more selective. Jeff Cup and some of those others are good for certain levels,, and there are many levels of college soccer even within D1. Many schools have travel restrictions for staff right now which may also impact attendance - which can be helped with live streaming as mentioned above. If more events go that route from now on, it could dramatically change the recruiting landscape.

Comment

Now coaches are getting their budgets severely cut and will have to be more selective. Jeff Cup and some of those others are good for certain levels,, and there are many levels of college soccer even within D1. Many schools have travel restrictions for staff right now which may also impact attendance - which can be helped with live streaming as mentioned above. If more events go that route from now on, it could dramatically change the recruiting landscape.
        Live streaming would dramatically change recruitment in a big way which would allow colleges from all over the country to watch multiple games at the same time and watch more players over the course of a game. Normally coaches have a list for each tournament of designated players they would watch split up depending on how many members of the coaching staff are attending. Usually they only have time to watch a players for 25 minutes to a half tops. Now they can live stream multiple matches at once. That is a good thing.

Comment

Coaches really like to be there. The video only captures part of what they are looking at. It does help them tape and watch more games than they could normally.

Comment

Coaches really like to be there. The video only captures part of what they are looking at. It does help them tape and watch more games than they could normally.
            In person is better and video quality can definitely be variable. However it can be a useful tool for screening through multiple players quickly.
            Big programs are flooded with emails. They'll still want to see you in person (live games, ID events) to make an informed decision.

Comment

In person is better and video quality can definitely be variable. However it can be a useful tool for screening through multiple players quickly.
              Big programs are flooded with emails. They'll still want to see you in person (live games, ID events) to make an informed decision.
              I watched my daughters matches at the recent ECNL Showcase and it was fine. You get to see the entire field as well as the player/players that were identified by coaches. Coaches were able to watch multiple live games at a time from the comfort of there computer screen. They previously identified most of the players live at either their own camp or clinics.

Comment

Lol that’s true they will beat CSA GA 6,7 nil easy if they are on their game.
                Yes..they normally beat MF ECNL by that margin also..

Comment

I watched my daughters matches at the recent ECNL Showcase and it was fine. You get to see the entire field as well as the player/players that were identified by coaches. Coaches were able to watch multiple live games at a time from the comfort of there computer screen. They previously identified most of the players live at either their own camp or clinics.
                  Literally could be a game changer for college recruiting and could also be a nail in the coffin for the “national leagues “. Time will tell....

Comment

Yes..they normally beat MF ECNL by that margin also..
                    Are you kidding, MF ECNL 05 would even beat CSA GA by a wide margin let alone the Strikers. Either way should be a nice training ground exercise.

Comment

Literally could be a game changer for college recruiting and could also be a nail in the coffin for the “national leagues “. Time will tell....
                      I don't think so. It was fine if you're a parent spectator, but I were trying to gauge a player I would want to be able to see more.

Comment

I don't think so. It was fine if you're a parent spectator, but I were trying to gauge a player I would want to be able to see more.
                        Good way to do some initial screening but definitely coaches will still want to see more. Fingers crossed all the spring events happen plus summer ID events should happen this year.

Comment

Good way to do some initial screening but definitely coaches will still want to see more. Fingers crossed all the spring events happen plus summer ID events should happen this year.
                          You can see the entire pitch and watch the match from a great advantage point with the cameras elevated. What more do coaches need/want to see. They could watch numerous matches at the same time instead of standing at a match for 20. Instead then moving on. The initial screening occurs when the coaches had identified the player initially. Watching them via live stream is as good as standing on the sideline.

Comment

You can see the entire pitch and watch the match from a great advantage point with the cameras elevated. What more do coaches need/want to see. They could watch numerous matches at the same time instead of standing at a match for 20. Instead then moving on. The initial screening occurs when the coaches had identified the player initially. Watching them via live stream is as good as standing on the sideline.
                            Even when they screen via emails/reach out they still have to whittle down a pretty long list once at the showcases. This way they don't have to as many initial cuts based on a 5 min highlight reel. They can use live streams to form the list they want to spend more time on - either getting to actual games, inviting them personally to ID events, talking to their club coaches.

Comment

I like to see the body language of the player and what they are doing when the ball is not near them. Also, no audio. On tape you can't hear what is being said. That is very important.

Comment

I like to see the body language of the player and what they are doing when the ball is not near them. Also, no audio. On tape you can't hear what is being said. That is very important.
                                You can see the entire pitch at all times there are no zoom shots. You can see the player throughout. The feedback my daughter received from colleges who watched ECNL via livestream was very favorable as if they were there. That’s coming from coaches. As a parent why do you think audio is important and what makes you think caches on the sidelines even pay attention to that? You just want to see coaches standing on a sideline when the truth is colleges have been doing just fine. If livestream. Glad they are positive about using the technology.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X