X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Timbers Boys Flame Out (again) at State Cup

Happens every year.
    Same old "smash and crash" style, but this year they pimped themselves as being big on development. What a lie.

We've told you but I will tell you again. No one cares about boys soccer. Please get them into a real sport before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Happens every year.
      Same old "smash and crash" style, but this year they pimped themselves as being big on development. What a lie.
      Both WT Copa and ET Chelsea are very tough teams to beat. WA did ok.

Comment

Ah yes, mighty good. Another beer-gutted, Seahawks hat-wearing, spittle-spewing rec daddy who only approves of girl's soccer. He doesn't like the melanin in boys. They might be chasing his girls. Thanks for the advice. I'll take it under advisement.

Comment

We've told you but I will tell you again. No one cares about boys soccer. Please get them into a real sport before it's too late.
          Don't you have a wall to build?

Comment

It's too late.

Comment

Ah yes, mighty good. Another beer-gutted, Seahawks hat-wearing, spittle-spewing rec daddy who only approves of girl's soccer. He doesn't like the melanin in boys. They might be chasing his girls. Thanks for the advice. I'll take it under advisement.
              Ah yes, another Euro-trash transplant or ex-Div. III soccer dad nerd who's weekend highlights include dressing up in Timbers uniform and going to the game.

Comment

Happens every year.
                Aaaaah. It's early my friend. State Cup does not measure success especially when the soccer is so terrible. I watched one semi final game that had a W-T-F-C team dominate and lose. The Oregon teams goalkeeper must have punted the ball 45 times. There is a significant change in the style of play. It will take 5 years at least to weed out the ones that are on board with the changes and the old school guard coaches and parents that think it's still 1988

Comment

Ah yes, another Euro-trash transplant or ex-Div. III soccer dad nerd who's weekend highlights include dressing up in Timbers uniform and going to the game.
                  Ah yes, so that's what so threatening to you. It's all clear now. Men supporting something that isn't a real sport. Very threatening indeed. You better keep bashing soccer fans and hope they leave in droves.

Comment

Aaaaah. It's early my friend. State Cup does not measure success especially when the soccer is so terrible. I watched one semi final game that had a W-T-F-C team dominate and lose. The Oregon teams goalkeeper must have punted the ball 45 times. There is a significant change in the style of play. It will take 5 years at least to weed out the ones that are on board with the changes and the old school guard coaches and parents that think it's still 1988
                    LOL .... you can tell already who is technical and who isn't at u12 and u13. If you think 5 years of club ball (any club) will help, you are massively deluded.

Comment

LOL .... you can tell already who is technical and who isn't at u12 and u13. If you think 5 years of club ball (any club) will help, you are massively deluded.
                      I think what the OP was trying to say was that changes take time. Knowing you nut jobs in Vantucky I'm sure there are a lot of deep rooted problems that will take time. These problems are no different than we have here in Portland. It's the old school coaching style that is failing our children.

Comment

Something I harp on a lot. Don't confuse technique with tactics.

Playing out of the back vs punting is a TACTICAL decision.

Whether the GK can deliver an accurate punt, or whether the players receiving it can trap and advance the ball, or will turn it over, are matters of technique.

The hotshot ten-year-old who can dribble through traffic and shoot at the upper 90, is technique. Teaching him to pass to a more wide-open teammate, and to not try and take on a set defense all by himself, is tactics.

Technique is something that players can--and should--learn on their own, either in solo practice, practicing with a friend, or in informal games (i.e. no coach barking to pass the ball). If training sessions are being spent working on dribbling, or running laps, or anything else that a kid can do by himself, that's a waste of everyone's time.

Tactics are where coaching and organized play adds value.

But winning soccer requires both.

Comment

Happens every year.
                          Dude... (or Dudette)-- you are a pathetic loser who, I'm quit sure, has seen no success at any level, at anything. Life, work, athletics, marriage, family, anything.

Instead you can only prop yourself up by attempting to tear down others.

Even the most myopic and hate filled of you must admit that WA Timbers are doing some nice things.

I'm cracking up thinking of you right now. Your heart is racing and your blood is boiling as you start to form your retort...

goodbye little person.

Comment

Dude... (or Dudette)-- you are a pathetic loser who, I'm quit sure, has seen no success at any level, at anything. Life, work, athletics, marriage, family, anything.

Instead you can only prop yourself up by attempting to tear down others.

Even the most myopic and hate filled of you must admit that WA Timbers are doing some nice things.

I'm cracking up thinking of you right now. Your heart is racing and your blood is boiling as you start to form your retort...

goodbye little person.
                            I think you nailed it. Thanks

Comment

Something I harp on a lot. Don't confuse technique with tactics.

Playing out of the back vs punting is a TACTICAL decision.

Whether the GK can deliver an accurate punt, or whether the players receiving it can trap and advance the ball, or will turn it over, are matters of technique.

The hotshot ten-year-old who can dribble through traffic and shoot at the upper 90, is technique. Teaching him to pass to a more wide-open teammate, and to not try and take on a set defense all by himself, is tactics.

Technique is something that players can--and should--learn on their own, either in solo practice, practicing with a friend, or in informal games (i.e. no coach barking to pass the ball). If training sessions are being spent working on dribbling, or running laps, or anything else that a kid can do by himself, that's a waste of everyone's time.

Tactics are where coaching and organized play adds value.

But winning soccer requires both.
                              I've traveled the world and worked with some of the top academies. You couldn't be more wrong about when to work on technique. Although I agree technical work outside of your normals trainings is important you would be failing your child if you didn't have them in an environment where they had a ton of technical work at an early age. I've seen a weeks worth of sessions (ages 5 to the first team) be nothing but technical. It is the main reason why we are so far behind as a country. There are countries with the population of Portland metro developing kids at a far better rate than us.
                              Problem is, our culture chooses winning and playing for cups at 11 years old instead of becoming a better player

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X