Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Portland

FC Portland boys did not do well in the state cups. If your son was at FC Portland would you stay or go to another team, and why?

thanks for the input

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FC Portland boys did not do well in the state cups. If your son was at FC Portland would you stay or go to another team, and why?

thanks for the input
    Yeah, only advanced to next round in 5 out of 8 age groups. That's terrible - not. How did you club do?

Comment

thanks for the input
      I would stay and hope you leave.

Comment

thanks for the input
        Looks like FC is doing better overall in state cup than everybody but Westside. More than likely even more players will move to FC this spring. Pre-tryout birth year training sessions have been packed.

Comment

Yeah, only advanced to next round in 5 out of 8 age groups. That's terrible - not. How did you club do?
          Hmm, I have them through in every boys' division except u14. Is there any I gave them credit for incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
            Hmm, I have them through in every boys' division except u14. Is there any I gave them credit for incorrectly?
            12 and 15

Comment

Don't the 12s go through on GD? There were several teams tied at 4 points and they had the best GD.

Comment

I'm not an FC lover, my dd is an 'average' player at another westside club, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it seems like there is a concerted effort to denigrate FC.

Most of the current threads on TS are about UofP and it's ties to FC, FC supposedly losing access to their fields, FC boys don't do well, ECNL is faltering and too expensive, etc. With all of it being crap rumors. It's like the little boy who cried wolf, it's gotten hard to believe and has become quite monotonous. There has to be something more interesting in Oregon soccer then harping on a club that appears to be getting it done.

Nothing but happiness, success, best coaching, best fields, best admin. boards at all those small clubs? You never hear about BSC, HSC, southside, Eastside, Lake O, CFC. Why is that?
                Are they just not doing anything eventful. Everyone knows they suck already? I mean seriously, did someone hire an anti FC blogger or something?

Comment

I'm not an FC lover, my dd is an 'average' player at another westside club, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it seems like there is a concerted effort to denigrate FC.

Most of the current threads on TS are about UofP and it's ties to FC, FC supposedly losing access to their fields, FC boys don't do well, ECNL is faltering and too expensive, etc. With all of it being crap rumors. It's like the little boy who cried wolf, it's gotten hard to believe and has become quite monotonous. There has to be something more interesting in Oregon soccer then harping on a club that appears to be getting it done.

Nothing but happiness, success, best coaching, best fields, best admin. boards at all those small clubs? You never hear about BSC, HSC, southside, Eastside, Lake O, CFC. Why is that?
                  Are they just not doing anything eventful. Everyone knows they suck already? I mean seriously, did someone hire an anti FC blogger or something?
                  Agreed.

My kids play for Westside Timbers but we have friends at FC Portland. It makes me sick to see adults on this forum trash-talking a club and especially so during state cup and right before try-outs. I've seen its ruinous and unwarranted effects on clubs before. FC and all of these other clubs have dealt with gossip, rumors, real issues before and work through most problems.

Best of luck to all. To those who chose to swallow a bitter pill, the taste is your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
                    Don't the 12s go through on GD? There were several teams tied at 4 points and they had the best GD.
                    I had thought so. But for some reason Crossfire Green II went through.

Comment

I had thought so. But for some reason Crossfire Green II went through.
                      That has to be an error.

Comment

thanks for the input
                        I think FC Portland is a very solid club, but not as strong as in the past... at least on the boys side. the younger ages have some competitive teams, but not ones you fear any longer.

Comment

I think FC Portland is a very solid club, but not as strong as in the past... at least on the boys side. the younger ages have some competitive teams, but not ones you fear any longer.
                          The reason I asked was 3 concerns

1. Other clubs seem to have a larger pool of players to roster their team with. FCP seems to make do with what players are available for a game.

2. they never practice on grass, and do poorly when playing on grass

3. Lastly, the academy approach while it does help dev. a player, the constant losses over the years does wear on the players and you can see it on their faces when the other team scores first. That look of 'not again are we going to lose bad or break even.'

Comment

The reason I asked was 3 concerns

1. Other clubs seem to have a larger pool of players to roster their team with. FCP seems to make do with what players are available for a game.

2. they never practice on grass, and do poorly when playing on grass

3. Lastly, the academy approach while it does help dev. a player, the constant losses over the years does wear on the players and you can see it on their faces when the other team scores first. That look of 'not again are we going to lose bad or break even.'
                            Strange, I have never noticed that when my son has played against the boy's teams. If you had said a boys team from Thusc, BSC, PCU, or Crossfire, I would have agreed.

Comment

Agreed.

My kids play for Westside Timbers but we have friends at FC Portland. It makes me sick to see adults on this forum trash-talking a club and especially so during state cup and right before try-outs. I've seen its ruinous and unwarranted effects on clubs before. FC and all of these other clubs have dealt with gossip, rumors, real issues before and work through most problems.

Best of luck to all. To those who chose to swallow a bitter pill, the taste is your choice.
                              That's jealous THUSC parents for you! They learn from their leader. Mr. Development TA.

THUSC board are the ones to blame. They put up with a badly ran club that has a leader who is incapable of being a DOC. Shameful!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X