X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL is very expensive for the quality.
    Less than $1000 per month is not expensive. You only do it for 3-5 years.

Comment

Less than $1000 per month is not expensive. You only do it for 3-5 years.
      I agree $60,000 is well worth it. That $60,000 would only be worth $150,000 by college age if properly invested.

Comment

I agree $60,000 is well worth it. That $60,000 would only be worth $150,000 by college age if properly invested.
        Are you investing it in a lemming breeding program? Or a cave construction project in Gresham?

Comment

ECNL is very expensive for the quality.
          So funny, you throw the line out there and each and every time the ECNL folks respond defensively. It's comical.

Comment

Are you investing it in a lemming breeding program? Or a cave construction project in Gresham?
            No, you have those two areas covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
              Think OP responded to my ask for help in gathering data. I was thinking about replicating last year's table of state cup results by club (thread has league results so far).

Was going to focus on state cup because it is the one time of year were most clubs are oriented towards results, so it is interesting time to benchmark. Should never, ever, be the only metric used to assess a club; however, it is a small opportunity for clubs and teams to celebrate their successes and see how the top of their respective age groups stack up in the state.
              Going back and looking at this post, I thought about how much movement in club activities affect state cup selection and outcomes. With USYS/OYSA State Cup, then USCS and its Regionals and National Cup, then OPL and its USCS-endorsed State Cup and other cups, the same state club talent is dispersed, so data potentially becomes skewed.

The "my association's/league's data is better than your association's/league's data" is not this simple when gathering data. I was looking at USYSA state champs from OR for both boys and girls (200702015) and saw that CFC then WSM(WST) had more appearances, with LOSC(aka Crossfire OR) and Eastside pretty close behind. This surprised me because I always thought it be FC Portland.

There were also gaps in there because of years when some clubs opted to do USCS instead, which didn't have state cup at the time, it went straight to regionals (your pick of region) and then nationals. How do you rank OR teams then who beat the Seattle Crossfire and Danville Mustang(nationally higher ranked) and went on to do well at Nationals?

How would you have collected data and considered OR teams to do that participated and did well in the OPL State cup and then did the OYSA State Cup?

Gets complicated and again, becomes an application of skewed statistics to appease a few readers on this forum. If you provide numbers by younger teams some say it means nothing. If you include numbers of older teams some say it means nothing some say it means nothing because some clubs are not entering their best older teams. I personally don't buy into that last excuse because it is an excuse. Thanks anyhow.

Comment

Most spring league results now official

Still one conflicting score and one missing match score (neither affecting the top of the table in the affected flights), but OYSA Spring Leagues are now final:

http://oysa-2016pttspring.affinitysoccer.com/Tour/public/info/accepted_list.asp?sessionguid=&Tournamentguid={49A 76F9C-1A69-4262-905A-DB8F3A2A76D4}

It's interesting to compare the (premier divisions of) Spring League to the state cup results....

Comment

Going back and looking at this post, I thought about how much movement in club activities affect state cup selection and outcomes. With USYS/OYSA State Cup, then USCS and its Regionals and National Cup, then OPL and its USCS-endorsed State Cup and other cups, the same state club talent is dispersed, so data potentially becomes skewed.

The "my association's/league's data is better than your association's/league's data" is not this simple when gathering data. I was looking at USYSA state champs from OR for both boys and girls (200702015) and saw that CFC then WSM(WST) had more appearances, with LOSC(aka Crossfire OR) and Eastside pretty close behind. This surprised me because I always thought it be FC Portland.

There were also gaps in there because of years when some clubs opted to do USCS instead, which didn't have state cup at the time, it went straight to regionals (your pick of region) and then nationals. How do you rank OR teams then who beat the Seattle Crossfire and Danville Mustang(nationally higher ranked) and went on to do well at Nationals?

How would you have collected data and considered OR teams to do that participated and did well in the OPL State cup and then did the OYSA State Cup?

Gets complicated and again, becomes an application of skewed statistics to appease a few readers on this forum. If you provide numbers by younger teams some say it means nothing. If you include numbers of older teams some say it means nothing some say it means nothing because some clubs are not entering their best older teams. I personally don't buy into that last excuse because it is an excuse. Thanks anyhow.
                  Just go to: http://lastplanetranking.***********...ontpage_5.html
                  They're already doing what everybody else is trying to do with these tables/formulas. Their rankings are as subjective as it gets.

Comment

Just go to: http://lastplanetranking.***********...ontpage_5.html
                    They're already doing what everybody else is trying to do with these tables/formulas. Their rankings are as subjective as it gets.
                    Looking quickly at u11-u13, Last Planet got:

both u11g finalists correct
                    1 u12g
                    1 u13g

He was 6/6 for on the boys' side!

That is pretty darn good, so not sure what subjectivity you are referring to. Too bad I don't think he is going to continue after calendar year change. Think his focus was originally to seat teams in tournaments properly (a commendable goal).

I got interested in this subject to bring some data to the "xfz club" is best for boys, girls, etc., using a snap shot of state cup (EDIT originally just wanted to celebrate clubs competing). My interest was at the club not team level. Again caveat winning at gold level is 1 (and only 1) measure.
                    Last edited by Slow Xavi; 05-04-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
                      Looking quickly at u11-u13, Last Planet got:

both u11g finalists correct
                      1 u12g
                      1 u13g

He was 6/6 for on the boys' side!

That is pretty darn good, so not sure what subjectivity you are referring to. Too bad I don't think he is going to continue after calendar year change. Think his focus was originally to seat teams in tournaments properly (a commendable goal).

I got interested in this subject to bring some data to the "xfz club" is best for boys, girls, etc., using a snap shot of state cup (EDIT originally just wanted to celebrate clubs competing). My interest was at the club not team level. Again caveat winning at gold level is 1 (and only 1) measure.
                      Mistakenly wrote subjective, but was thinking objective. I was trying to say his rankings are good.

It seemed the original celebration of clubs was turning into a rankings discussion, so I thought I'd save everybody the time of recreating the wheel when somebody had already done a pretty good job of it. Creating a club rankings from the Last Planet rankings would be interesting and a much more comprehensive view overall.

Comment

Boys, U11-U14:

Championships:
                        LASC
                        WAFC (D1)
                        FDP (D1)
                        WUSC (D2)
                        Thelo (D2)
                        Crossfire (P)
                        NEU (D1)
                        WST (D1, D2)
                        WAST (D2, D1)
                        SSC (D2)
                        BSC (D2, P, D2)
                        EST (P, P)
                        Leon (D1)
                        4H (D1)
                        HSC (P)
                        FCSC (D1)
                        Pacific (D2)
                        FC West(D2)

Runners-up:
                        WST (P, P, D2, P)
                        Corvallis SC(P)
                        BSC(D1,D2)
                        WAST(D1)
                        FCSC(D2)
                        SFC(P)
                        CFC(D1)
                        LOSC(D1)
                        WUSC(D2)
                        AUCSC(D2)
                        LASC(P)
                        LOSC(D1)
                        HSC(D1)
                        TimberBarons(D2)
                        PCU(D2)
                        FC West(P,D2)
                        Crossfire(P)
                        WAST(D1)
                        FSC(D1)

Girls:
                        Champs:
                        Pacific (P)
                        PCU(D1)
                        Timber Barons(D1,D2)
                        WUSC(D2)
                        THUSC(P,D2,D2)
                        Rogue Valley(P)
                        CUSC(D1)
                        AUCSC(D1)
                        WAST(D2,D1)
                        PSC(D2)
                        LOSC(D2,D1)
                        FCP(P,D1)
                        HSC(P)
                        CFC(P)
                        PFA(P)
                        CUSA(D1)
                        WST(D2)
                        OCSC(D2)

Runners-up
                        PFC(P)
                        ETFC(D1,P)
                        HSC(D1)
                        BSC(D2)
                        CUSC(D2)
                        WST(P,P,D1)
                        THUSC(P)
                        WUSC(D1,D1)
                        NEU(D1)
                        CUSA(D2)
                        CFC(D2,D2)
                        FSC(D2)
                        LOSC(P)
                        WAST(D1,D1)
                        FCSC(D2)
                        OCSC(D2)
                        Corvallis(P)
                        MYS(D2)

I didn't make any distinction between e.g. WST Beaverton/TS, BSC Portland/Newberg, etc.
                        Pretty evenly spread out. Symptomatic of mostly mediocre play, some get lucky, some don't.

Comment

i got this

Mistakenly wrote subjective, but was thinking objective. I was trying to say his rankings are good.

It seemed the original celebration of clubs was turning into a rankings discussion, so I thought I'd save everybody the time of recreating the wheel when somebody had already done a pretty good job of it. Creating a club rankings from the Last Planet rankings would be interesting and a much more comprehensive view overall.
                          i love a spreadsheet, i'll get on this. it's going to take a while though. i'm busy scouting players for the next level. i have a feel 4-h might be a surprise... just from my first glance at one age group.

Comment

i love a spreadsheet, i'll get on this. it's going to take a while though. i'm busy scouting players for the next level. i have a feel 4-h might be a surprise... just from my first glance at one age group.
                            here is U11-U14, based on lastplanet's average rank, and the number of teams each club fields:

U11-U14
                            TOP 25 OVERALL CLUBS TOP 25 BOYS CLUBS TOP 25 GIRLS CLUBS
                            1 FC Portland 1 4-H 1 Crossfire OR
                            2 Crossfire OR 2 FC Portland 2 FC Portland
                            3 Westside Timbers 3 Westside Timbers 3 Westside Timbers
                            4 Capital FC Timbers 4 Crossfire OR 4 Capital FC Timbers
                            5 Eastside Timbers 5 Capital FC Timbers 5 THUSC
                            6 ETFC 6 Eastside Timbers 6 ETFC
                            7 NEU 7 HSC 7 NEU
                            8 HSC 8 RPSC 8 Bend FC Timbers
                            9 Bend FC Timbers 9 NEU 9 CSC
                            10 BSC 10 ETFC 10 Eastside Timbers
                            11 CSC 11 BSC 11 HSC
                            12 R. Valley Timbers 12 Bend FC Timbers 12 PCU
                            13 PCU 13 WUSC 13 Rogue Valley Timbers
                            14 THUSC 14 R. Valley Timbers 14 BSC
                            15 4-H 15 FC West 15 WAFC
                            16 Grants Pass YSC 16 CSC 16 Grants Pass YSC
                            17 WAFC 17 LASC 17 Canby United
                            18 RPSC 18 Grants Pass YSC 18 Kidsports FC
                            19 WUSC 19 PCU 19 Irish United
                            20 FC West 20 Salem Chelsea 20 Thelo
                            21 Thelo 21 WAFC 21 FC Columbia County
                            22 Southside SC 22 Thelo 22 Southside SC
                            23 LASC 23 Foothills SC 23 Aloha United
                            24 Foothills SC 24 Southside SC 24 Azul FC
                            25 Salem Chelsea 25 Academia Leon 25 Oregon City

and before i get accused of bias... i just moved away from portland, my old club is in there, thankfully above that club i really hate, but not above that other club i hate.

Comment

and before i get accused of bias... i just moved away from portland, my old club is in there, thankfully above that club i really hate, but not above that other club i hate.
                              ugh. that was a nice table and KNEW it wouldn't come across right... oh well, have fun with that.

Comment

After the last column try the following code:

=CONCATENATE($A2," ",$B2," ",$C2)

Explanation of what functions does (also note the function changes in future versions of excel)
                                Last edited by Slow Xavi; 05-06-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X