Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where is the data to support the claim 'women are far more popular in the US'. The only data I can find says the exact opposite.

The big men's viewership totals are helped by the opponents they're playing. 18 million+ tuned in to watch the men play an early tourney matchup against Portugal (aka Ronaldo).

Ultimately, there has to be real data showing the women's game is an equal draw in terms of viewers and revenues than the men's before they can claim they should be paid the same.
    I think you are wrong. They have to prove a lot of things but proving higher viewership is not one of them. Though I believe it is higher is many instances in the US.

I am pretty certain they generate very close to the same amount of revenue looking back. Looking forward the women are set to blow by the men with endorsement money.

Comment

Where is the data to support the claim 'women are far more popular in the US'. The only data I can find says the exact opposite.

The big men's viewership totals are helped by the opponents they're playing. 18 million+ tuned in to watch the men play an early tourney matchup against Portugal (aka Ronaldo).

Ultimately, there has to be real data showing the women's game is an equal draw in terms of viewers and revenues than the men's before they can claim they should be paid the same.
      You are talking to crazy girl parents on Oregon TS. They do not provide data, they provide crazy. Remember your audience.

Comment

I think you are wrong. They have to prove a lot of things but proving higher viewership is not one of them. Though I believe it is higher is many instances in the US.

I am pretty certain they generate very close to the same amount of revenue looking back. Looking forward the women are set to blow by the men with endorsement money.
        'pretty certain' are ya? provide data to counter. the poster provided data showing the men get 2-3 times more viewers than women. What is your data?

Comment

How do the women of the US National team view US soccer for propping up the league they play in and paying their club team salaries. Without US soccer they league they play in would not exist. It can not financially support itself. What happens if US soccer agrees to pay the players equally but decides not to support the league and the league folds?

Comment

'pretty certain' are ya? provide data to counter. the poster provided data showing the men get 2-3 times more viewers than women. What is your data?
            It's quoted multiple times in both this thread and if you read the data referenced in the press on this.

In the current fiscal year the women are more profitable than men.

Comment

Employment law isn't hard to follow. I can assure you it will have nothing to do with viewership ratings.

Comment

Underwater soccer or Men's soccer? You make the call.

Comment

Underwater soccer or Men's soccer? You make the call.
                  Attractive, well spoken females or petulant, boring men? You make the call.

In all seriousness, the men's national team isn't that fun to watch, in my opinion. I'd rather watch the women.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1782396]It's quoted multiple times in both this thread and if you read the data referenced in the press on this.

In the current fiscal year the women are more profitable than men.[/QUOTE

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/us-wome...ry?id=38050252

Comment

In all seriousness, the men's national team isn't that fun to watch, in my opinion. I'd rather watch the women.
                      If my kids aren't playing, I think all soccer is boring.

Comment

Employment law isn't hard to follow. I can assure you it will have nothing to do with viewership ratings.
                        It's not the same job. Until the women have even close to the same competition as the men, there's no way you could reasonably claim it's the same. This is an entertainment business, not a widget making business. As such, popularity and overall revenues (ie not profits) dictates the pool of money to be divied up.

Comment

It definitely slows the game down, which makes it easier for some people (those that don't get soccer) to follow.

Comment

"USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the US men's team, the women are paid almost four times less."

Comment

It's not the same job. Until the women have even close to the same competition as the men, there's no way you could reasonably claim it's the same. This is an entertainment business, not a widget making business. As such, popularity and overall revenues (ie not profits) dictates the pool of money to be divied up.
                              "USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the US men's team, the women are paid almost four times less."

Comment

False as shown. Thanks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X