Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Worst soccer experience my kid ever had was a Timbers camp at Providence Park. Truth.
    oh no! why was it so bad? mine are signed up for the spring break one already!

Comment

No, all of the ECNL collections go to the national league. Keep your $$ close to home or send it national. Neither have any benefit currently so I am hoping for some change.
      Seems that a lot of ECNL girls are getting to play soccer in college. More than all of the Timbers and Thorns and Alliance kids combined.

Comment

Seems that a lot of ECNL girls are getting to play soccer in college. More than all of the Timbers and Thorns and Alliance kids combined.
        Same number of kids each year ECNL or not.

Comment

I think there's a lot of Timbers Alliance girls playing in college too. They just don't advertise it as well.

Comment

I think there's a lot of Timbers Alliance girls playing in college too. They just don't advertise it as well.
            Parents of both ECNL & oysa players are mostly too embarrassed to post the low level schools their little superstar actually ended up at. When PSU gives you huge bragging rights, you can imagine the level of the rest.

Comment

Now I understand the cannibas effect

Parents of both ECNL & oysa players are mostly too embarrassed to post the low level schools their little superstar actually ended up at. When PSU gives you huge bragging rights, you can imagine the level of the rest.
              I guess choosing a college based on what you want to study is stupid? Perhaps a D2 schools is a better fit for your choice of education. It is not always a D1 thing. If you think so then keep spending that ecnl money... and keep partaking in the cannibas.

Comment

Look at the colleges they are going to and you'll know why they don't advertise.

Comment

ECNL clubs put it out there for all to see. Timbers clubs have nothing to show. I would bet there are more girls from this years FC U18 team going D1 than from all Timbers clubs combined.

Comment

ECNL clubs put it out there for all to see. Timbers clubs have nothing to show. I would bet there are more girls from this years FC U18 team going D1 than from all Timbers clubs combined.
                    It will never cease to amaze me how often you ECNL honks compare yourselves to Timbers Aliiance teams. Really, that is who you use to compare your daughter's teams against? Those ECNL teams had damn well better be outperforming any other girls teams in the state for college offers. It is the very reason that ECNL even exists. If the ECNL players aren't getting more offers than other local programs than what in the world are your daughters even doing p,aging for those programs.

Set your sights higher in terms of who you compare yourselves to. It is just embarrassing that your clubs got an ECNL program and you keep comparing it to a regular locally based club program. Seriously, get your act together and start to compare yourselves to the actual competition your teams play against.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1769530]It will never cease to amaze me how often you ECNL honks compare yourselves to Timbers Aliiance teams. Really, that is who you use to compare your daughter's teams against? Those ECNL teams had damn well better be outperforming any other girls teams in the state for college offers. It is the very reason that ECNL even exists. If the ECNL players aren't getting more offers than other local programs than what in the world are your daughters even doing p,aging for those programs.

Set your sights higher in terms of who you compare yourselves to. It is just embarrassing that your clubs got an ECNL program and you keep comparing it to a regular locally based club program. Seriously, get your act together and start to compare yourselves to the actual competition your teams play against.

Our ECNL teams are crushing Milltown!

Comment

It will never cease to amaze me how often you ECNL honks compare yourselves to Timbers Aliiance teams. Really, that is who you use to compare your daughter's teams against? Those ECNL teams had damn well better be outperforming any other girls teams in the state for college offers. It is the very reason that ECNL even exists. If the ECNL players aren't getting more offers than other local programs than what in the world are your daughters even doing p,aging for those programs.

It never ceases to amaze me that Timbers honks like yourself think the way you do. The ECNL clubs are just normal local clubs just like your Timbers Alliance club. The only difference is that they know what they are doing, have most of the talented girls in the Portland metro area, and compete in much more difficult leagues than you do. But, at the root, they are still just little local clubs - much smaller in fact than most of the Timbers clubs. Yet they continue to outperform, on the field and in college recruiting, than all of the Timbers clubs combined. The reason Timbers clubs get compared to ECNL clubs is simply because they are in competition for players. The Timbers clubs can't keep the top players but they don't want to man up and either 1) get better or 2) admit they are basically big rec clubs, and push their top girls to the ECNL clubs.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that Timbers honks like yourself think the way you do. The ECNL clubs are just normal local clubs just like your Timbers Alliance club. The only difference is that they know what they are doing, have most of the talented girls in the Portland metro area, and compete in much more difficult leagues than you do. But, at the root, they are still just little local clubs - much smaller in fact than most of the Timbers clubs. Yet they continue to outperform, on the field and in college recruiting, than all of the Timbers clubs combined. The reason Timbers clubs get compared to ECNL clubs is simply because they are in competition for players. The Timbers clubs can't keep the top players but they don't want to man up and either 1) get better or 2) admit they are basically big rec clubs, and push their top girls to the ECNL clubs.
                          I think what the poster was saying is quit acting so small. Your comments are kind of sad for someone defending the "Elite" of ECNL. The TA clubs and other non-ECNL clubs aren't rec. Not at the Premier level. But they are not Elite. There are only 40 girls in any age group that play ECNL in Oregon. They came from all the other clubs, except for some at FCP. The competition for players is a mindset and desire. Who cares if Oregon ECNL teams suck compared to their ECNL peers? You are the best in the state. Act like it.

Comment

ECNL is way more than $10,000 if you attend all events.

Comment

I think what the poster was saying is quit acting so small. Your comments are kind of sad for someone defending the "Elite" of ECNL. The TA clubs and other non-ECNL clubs aren't rec. Not at the Premier level. But they are not Elite. There are only 40 girls in any age group that play ECNL in Oregon. They came from all the other clubs, except for some at FCP. The competition for players is a mindset and desire. Who cares if Oregon ECNL teams suck compared to their ECNL peers? You are the best in the state. Act like it.
                              Exactly! I am the original poster that started this little conversation and you are spot on.

Comment

ECNL is way more than $10,000 if you attend all events.
                                Says the small minded TA lemming.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X