• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timbers Stranglehold on OYSA

Timbers make money

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...its_and_t.html

Timbers give money

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/in..._gavin_wi.html

As posted by the PacNW Soccer Club on WPS. Note the 3rd paragraph...

"
    Re: Eastside FC, PacNW officially connect with MLS Sounders

A few points on this topic from the perspective of PacNW, and we are posting this here because (1) we try to be transparent as a club; and (2) the WPS community includes some of the most well-informed individuals in the Washington youth soccer community, and we value and appreciate the dialogue that occurs on this forum:

**In the past few years, our club has had dozens of opportunities to "partner" with other professional clubs based in Europe. In each instance we have evaluated these opportunities and found them to be "all sizzle and no steak," for lack of a better term. This arrangement with the Sounders, however, contains some very real, tangible benefits for our club that made it worthwhile. It was also important for us to achieve a benefit for our entire club (i.e., both boys and girls players) and the Sounders shared this view.

**As a club, we are acutely aware of the situation in Oregon with the "Timbers Alliance," and in our discussions with the Sounders we specifically cited that as an example of what we wanted to avoid in our arrangement. They understood and agreed.

**The youth soccer landscape in the U.S. is very dynamic, but there seems to be an increasing movement toward youth clubs aligning with professional clubs. Joining up with the Sounders helped us join this growing movement.

**Even before this announcement, PacNW already had a very close relationship with the Sounders, owing largely to the fact that we share Starfire and our coaches and players are constantly interacting in that setting. This agreement represents a formalization of a relationship that already exists. "

Comment

So, the Alliance is a scam.

Timbers collecting fees benefits GW and MP.

US Soccer hosts a training center, but have to go throughout the Timbers.

RCTID

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So, the Alliance is a scam.

Timbers collecting fees benefits GW and MP.

US Soccer hosts a training center, but have to go throughout the Timbers.

RCTID
        My daughter players with a timbers alliance club. We keep thinking there will be benefits but haven't really noticed any. There is a lot of potential still and I assume they will utilize what could eventually be a competitive advantage.

Comment

Worst soccer experience my kid ever had was a Timbers camp at Providence Park. Truth.

Comment

Worst soccer experience my kid ever had was a Timbers camp at Providence Park. Truth.
            Winner! My dd the same. Never again.

Comment

My daughter players with a timbers alliance club. We keep thinking there will be benefits but haven't really noticed any. There is a lot of potential still and I assume they will utilize what could eventually be a competitive advantage.
              Alliance is 4 years old now and I've yet to hear any club say that they get anything of substance from being a member.

Comment

I've heard the same thing from about twenty parents talking about ECNL.

Comment

You don't know 20 ECNL parents. There are only a couple living in your 'hood in Gresham.

Comment

You must not have read the article. The Oregon ECNL teams arent collecting thousands of dollars per year from it's local youth soccer participants. However, the Timbers are collecting thousands of dollars and they cant account for where the money is going

Comment

You don't know 20 ECNL parents. There are only a couple living in your 'hood in Gresham.
                      I know 20 alone on our ECNL team. I also know a bunch more from the other teams. Only rubes like you are satisfied. You must be a CU coach.

Comment

Very one sided. I like that someone is trying to shed light to the problems, but this goes back years and he should have included more history asked CU where all of the OPL money went? Most of the money goes to referees.

More of the same for Oregon, this has been going on for years. At least in the OPL they tried to work together, but of course they can't. Parents still have the choice. Do what is best for your kid, but get together and demand something better.

Comment

Very one sided. I like that someone is trying to shed light to the problems, but this goes back years and he should have included more history asked CU where all of the OPL money went? Most of the money goes to referees.

More of the same for Oregon, this has been going on for years. At least in the OPL they tried to work together, but of course they can't. Parents still have the choice. Do what is best for your kid, but get together and demand something better.
                          Avoid Timbers clubs at all costs. If everyone does this, the Timbers will have to get out of the youth soccer business.

Comment

that/s probably true, but there aren't ANY good one day camps. there's nothing that can be taught or learned in one day. seeds can be planted, but not harvested..

Comment

You must not have read the article. The Oregon ECNL teams arent collecting thousands of dollars per year from it's local youth soccer participants. However, the Timbers are collecting thousands of dollars and they cant account for where the money is going
                              No, all of the ECNL collections go to the national league. Keep your $$ close to home or send it national. Neither have any benefit currently so I am hoping for some change.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X