Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Biggest problem is that the travel required for a Portland DA team will be worse than for ECNL. There won't be more than 1 or 2 DA teams in the NW so they'll be flying to SoCal and Texas all the time to get beat up.
    Did your crystal ball tell you how many times and where a potential DA team would play? It think it is too bad that parents on this forum don't put half as much energy as they do slinging insults and spreading rumors into trying to shape a viable path for truly high level players so that they are not tethered to the need for numbers and the ability to buy in ie the weakest link. Since the DA doesn't provide as much opportunity to buy onto the team I am hopeful that it will gain legs.

Comment

Did your crystal ball tell you how many times and where a potential DA team would play? It think it is too bad that parents on this forum don't put half as much energy as they do slinging insults and spreading rumors into trying to shape a viable path for truly high level players so that they are not tethered to the need for numbers and the ability to buy in ie the weakest link. Since the DA doesn't provide as much opportunity to buy onto the team I am hopeful that it will gain legs.
      Don't need a crystal ball. A little logic is all that's needed. With all of the negatives already associated with the DA - no HS soccer, no re-entry for subs, no tournaments- they would be supremely stupid to start out with higher costs than ECNL. For that reason alone they will concentrate the DA clubs in high density areas like LA, Dallas, Chicago, NY, and nowhere else. Lower travel costs are their only possible selling point, and that won't work with clubs scattered all over the far west.

Comment

New coaching change also. Can't your player play up and stay on the 01's? Or drop down to the 02's? I thought the 02's had a decent team and if you add the 6 02's playing up right now. Not seeing the urgency to leave, and I don't even care for WT.
        I believe he said his son is an 01'

Comment

Our club announced that the late 02's will be pretty much on their own, current u14/01 teams will stay together and move to u16, so the late 02's from the current 02/u13 teams will form a new team and play in an OYSA fall league, any other clubs making this official?
          This birth year switch is a real negative with zero benefits.

Comment

This birth year switch is a real negative with zero benefits.
            If it gets your kid to drop out then it has at least one positive.

Comment

If it gets your kid to drop out then it has at least one positive.
              You mean when your kid will finally get some playing time?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X