Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not an FC lover, my dd is an 'average' player at another westside club, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it seems like there is a concerted effort to denigrate FC.

Most of the current threads on TS are about UofP and it's ties to FC, FC supposedly losing access to their fields, FC boys don't do well, ECNL is faltering and too expensive, etc. With all of it being crap rumors. It's like the little boy who cried wolf, it's gotten hard to believe and has become quite monotonous. There has to be something more interesting in Oregon soccer then harping on a club that appears to be getting it done.

Nothing but happiness, success, best coaching, best fields, best admin. boards at all those small clubs? You never hear about BSC, HSC, southside, Eastside, Lake O, CFC. Why is that?
    Are they just not doing anything eventful. Everyone knows they suck already? I mean seriously, did someone hire an anti FC blogger or something?
    Agreed, I have a daughter at LO. FC seems to be the epitome of what a club should be.

Comment

Strange, I have never noticed that when my son has played against the boy's teams. If you had said a boys team from Thusc, BSC, PCU, or Crossfire, I would have agreed.
      My dd plays against them at U16 and they have three full teams. Good ones, I might add.

Comment

My dd plays against them at U16 and they have three full teams. Good ones, I might add.
        They have 4 teams at u14 and three teams at u13

Comment

Agreed, I have a daughter at LO. FC seems to be the epitome of what a club should be.
          Lol. You are funny.

Comment

They have 4 teams at u14 and three teams at u13
            And it appears at U14 that their B team is as good as the other clubs A teams.

Comment

Ssshhhhhh. Anti FCP guy doesn't like facts.

Comment

Actually, better.

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 2001 team played in OYSA last year and finished fourth. 0-3 in three years in state cup.

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 2001 team played in OYSA last year and finished fourth. 0-3 in three years in state cup.
                    ^^^ TA Lemming Caveman Clown - all he's got is a bunch of ignorance - but he is getting pretty good at changing flat tires on the General Lee

Comment

CU and Tom will stop at nothing at this time of the year. He has his forces out in mass trying to prevent the exodus over to FCP. CU is becoming more and more pathetic every day.

Comment

yes that is true, but they are playing in a lower division and most of the players are from THUSC A team who migrated over due to lack of coaching. i.e. coach was AWOL most games and practice was like baby sitting. same exercise regardless of position.

but back to point, so excluding the trolls, it seems most are ok with FCP and the grass is not greener on the other fields.

Any parents with a boy who has been on WT and FCP which they prefer?

Comment

yes that is true, but they are playing in a lower division and most of the players are from THUSC A team who migrated over due to lack of coaching. i.e. coach was AWOL most games and practice was like baby sitting. same exercise regardless of position.

but back to point, so excluding the trolls, it seems most are ok with FCP and the grass is not greener on the other fields.

I think you're talking about their boys U14 team while the poster was talking about their girls U14 B team that plays in top division.

Comment

It depends on the age group and coach. Really going to be hard this year. Helps to go to watch state cup games and practice with the team before you decide. find the best fit for your son. Don't go by wins, that can change. My son was at WT and friends switched to FCP then back to WT. The grass is not always greener. We were happy overall at WT, but you have to find the right fit for team and coach, which can always change.

Comment

Wow!
                              13-year old girls team stats from a year ago. Riveting!!

Comment

Wow!
                                13-year old girls team stats from a year ago. Riveting!!
                                It is when you're a illegitimate and illiterate caveman and have nothing else to live for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X