Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I'm understanding all this recruiting stuff, in summation:
    1) Communication and hard work, emails, telephone calls , video footage etc. ---- building a rapport with coaches and letting them know your interested is essential.
    2) Equally important is putting a player in a position to be seen.
    - ECNL is a good platform but not the only route
    - ECNL: college coaches seem to like it for recruiting
    3) ID camps are all part of getting seen but have a strategy because they are a money machine for the programs
    4) The top 10% of players still have to work at it but because their talent stands out they get noticed
    5) The "not top 10%" just have to work at it a little bit harder
    ... I'm sure I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So if I'm understanding all this recruiting stuff, in summation:
      1) Communication and hard work, emails, telephone calls , video footage etc. ---- building a rapport with coaches and letting them know your interested is essential.
      2) Equally important is putting a player in a position to be seen.
      - ECNL is a good platform but not the only route
      - ECNL: college coaches seem to like it for recruiting
      3) ID camps are all part of getting seen but have a strategy because they are a money machine for the programs
      4) The top 10% of players still have to work at it but because their talent stands out they get noticed
      5) The "not top 10%" just have to work at it a little bit harder
      ... I'm sure I missed something?

Simply, put the work in on the field, school work, contact coaches early, play where you can be seen! Keep contacting coaches!!

Comment

Simply, put the work in on the field, school work, contact coaches early, play where you can be seen! Keep contacting coaches!!
        The player does it all and the parent stays out of it until help is requested by the school and the coach.

Comment

The player does it all and the parent stays out of it until help is requested by the school and the coach.
          Great point! Parents should be in the back ground offering support, not making the calls to coaches.

Comment

The last 4 posts or so, awesome, agree completely!

Comment

In our experience (one in college, the other in the thick of recruiting and getting close to a decision) yes all of the above is true. Same with their teammates (from outstanding players to others a bit less so) - the players need to drive the bus and do all the hard work. Parents can help coach in the background (my oldest was really nervous when he first had to start calling coaches so we did some practice questions/answers) and obviously they are there for guidance/discussion and transportation lol. It is a lot of work on their part, but so is college. They have to own the process because 1) it's expected of them as almost adults, and 2) they're the ones who have to live with the decision for 4 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X