Div 1 New England Men

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The uri loss to UConn was brutal. To give up a natural hat trick as well as two in the last 14 min's (to tie) on a bad weather afternoon you have to wonder about their D instrutions?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Colgate 1 UNH 0
      UConn 4 URI 3
      Watched the UNH game. Colgate was all over them at the start but UNH looked more dangerous after. Colgate got a “seeing-eye” goal to go ahead then saved a PK w/10 mins left.

Tough loss

Comment

Colgate faces #1seed WF and UConn faces #2 seed Indiana. Our teams will all be out this weekend. Not a great season around here.

Comment

from earlier this season:
          No. 18 Huskies Fall to No. 6 Hoosiers, 1-0

Comment

Watched the UNH game. Colgate was all over them at the start but UNH looked more dangerous after. Colgate got a “seeing-eye” goal to go ahead then saved a PK w/10 mins left.

Tough loss
            UNH was a different team for much of the first half than they have been in the last couple months. Nerves, not properly warmed up in the cold, who knows, but it took them far too long to get into the game and it cost them. Got it together and dominated the second half like they should have the first but just couldn't score. That's the game. But the big takeaway for me at least is that you better be ready right out of the gate or it will very likely cost you. Colgate will likely get run over by Wake Forest. UNH could have gave them a game.

Comment

UNH was a different team for much of the first half than they have been in the last couple months. Nerves, not properly warmed up in the cold, who knows, but it took them far too long to get into the game and it cost them. Got it together and dominated the second half like they should have the first but just couldn't score. That's the game. But the big takeaway for me at least is that you better be ready right out of the gate or it will very likely cost you. Colgate will likely get run over by Wake Forest. UNH could have gave them a game.
              A team from NH not knowing how to warm up properly in the cold...

Comment

I get your point, but not sure it was not properly warmed up. I would guess more likely nerves. But, either way, Colgate was all over them at the start as you say.

Comment

Indiana beats UConn 4-0

Did the Hudkies warm up properly?
                  Never mind😉

Wake Forest 2 Colgate 0

Comment

Indiana beats UConn 4-0

Did the Hudkies warm up properly?
                    Never mind��

Wake Forest 2 Colgate 0
                    Just an aside, but I don't even understand why we have college soccer in the US. Don't attack me. I'm one of the sports biggest fans, but like 3 people show up to these NCAA games, there's no television money, so where is the rationale for a university to finance the teams?

Comment

Just an aside, but I don't even understand why we have college soccer in the US. Don't attack me. I'm one of the sports biggest fans, but like 3 people show up to these NCAA games, there's no television money, so where is the rationale for a university to finance the teams?
                      Men’s CFB And CBB pay the bills. Title 9 funds the women’s college soccer. As for the men, there are a bunch of college sports draining the budget. Pick which ones you want.

Comment

Because it brings more people to the school.

There was a study that found for every athlete at a school, they bring an additional 8.8 people to the school as well. That is why when schools are struggling with enrollment numbers, they add sport programs.

Comment

Men’s CFB And CBB pay the bills. Title 9 funds the women’s college soccer. As for the men, there are a bunch of college sports draining the budget. Pick which ones you want.
                          Sorry same poster as the post above, but every college sport is a financial drain on colleges. From football to fencing, it doesn't matter. No schools here in the New England/Mid-Atlantic region are making any profit off football or basketball.

Comment

Sorry same poster as the post above, but every college sport is a financial drain on colleges. From football to fencing, it doesn't matter. No schools here in the New England/Mid-Atlantic region are making any profit off football or basketball.
                            http://businessofcollegesports.com/2...ment-revenues/

Penn St, BC, and UConn are pulling in big $$, and not from their soccer teams.

Comment

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2...ment-revenues/

Penn St, BC, and UConn are pulling in big $$, and not from their soccer teams.
                              Great. My argument was not that they don't bring in a lot of money, they don't profit off of it. UConn is even getting to the point where they need to schedule pay games to help make up some of the losses.

You're article is also 8 years old, times were different, specifically for UConn, being the Big East was huge for them financially. Things aren't as great in the AAC. In fact, many people are calling for UConn to move down to FCS to cut costs. Most recent I could find regarding the "big $$" as you put it:

"Football had the highest operating revenue of any team at just more than $7 million, as well as the highest operating expenses at more than $20 million."

Penn State, a significantly larger school in terms of football, lost nearly $6 million dollars in 2013. Plus, with the money they've had to pay out from the Sandusky fallout, they still likely are not making much profit, though the Big Ten television money is helping them big time.

More difficult to find info regarding BC as they are private. But I can just about bet the house they are in the same boat.

Comment

Great. My argument was not that they don't bring in a lot of money, they don't profit off of it. UConn is even getting to the point where they need to schedule pay games to help make up some of the losses.

You're article is also 8 years old, times were different, specifically for UConn, being the Big East was huge for them financially. Things aren't as great in the AAC. In fact, many people are calling for UConn to move down to FCS to cut costs. Most recent I could find regarding the "big $$" as you put it:

"Football had the highest operating revenue of any team at just more than $7 million, as well as the highest operating expenses at more than $20 million."

Penn State, a significantly larger school in terms of football, lost nearly $6 million dollars in 2013. Plus, with the money they've had to pay out from the Sandusky fallout, they still likely are not making much profit, though the Big Ten television money is helping them big time.

More difficult to find info regarding BC as they are private. But I can just about bet the house they are in the same boat.

Interesting resource site
                                http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/finances

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X