Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    STJ with an all-American, top D1 recruits and 8 or 9 ECNL players on the roster are less talented than Ridgefield ? STJ should be destroying these teams , the talent level is far superior! The lack of passing and just kicking the ball ahead to the girl up top Is a losing game plan. They should play to feet to the open player, the way the game should be played. The team needs to regroup and stop playing over the top lacrosse style soccer.They are better than that!
    Totally agree !!

Comment

I was not implying that STJ did not play well, but was commenting about the coaches tactics in trying to secure a win. He played the same way versus Staples, and was not successful. With the talent he has at his disposal, I feel he could have approached the game differently.
      For such "high level" teams and experienced coaches, it was surprising to see so much kick-ball being played by both sides.

Comment

For such "high level" teams and experienced coaches, it was surprising to see so much kick-ball being played by both sides.
        those kickballers from ecnl are really terrific at booting the ball. they lost to second tier club girls bahhwaaa

Comment

They reached the LL finals three years, State champs one year! And no, I am not a Ridgefield parent...
          That is very good accomplishment for Ridgefield. But don't diminish what SJ accomplished in the past 5 years: 2 FCIAC championships; 4 FCIAC championship finals appearance (against LL schools) and 4 state championships.

Comment

I was not implying that STJ did not play well, but was commenting about the coaches tactics in trying to secure a win. He played the same way versus Staples, and was not successful. With the talent he has at his disposal, I feel he could have approached the game differently.
            No offense taken
            My post was in response to the general tone of the thread not any one post- but the point still stands- Stjs did themselves in with the misplay ,barring that they advance

Comment

those kickballers from ecnl are really terrific at booting the ball. they lost to second tier club girls bahhwaaa
              I take it your kid doesn't play ECNL (unless it's FSA, and then ignore) b/c what you saw last night isn't what high level ECNL play looks like.

Comment

That is very good accomplishment for Ridgefield. But don't diminish what SJ accomplished in the past 5 years: 2 FCIAC championships; 4 FCIAC championship finals appearance (against LL schools) and 4 state championships.
                Holy ****!!! No one cares about 5 years ago ,last year or 2 weeks ago
                It’s about this year- RHS won last night they have a chance ( god one) to claim the FCIAC crown . Congrats and looking forward to states
                Stjs parent

Comment

It’s about this year- RHS won last night they have a chance ( god one) to claim the FCIAC crown . Congrats and looking forward to states
                  Stjs parent
                  Care to guess where ALL RHS students live?

Comment

No offense taken
                    My post was in response to the general tone of the thread not any one post- but the point still stands- Stjs did themselves in with the misplay ,barring that they advance
                    Soccer is all about capitalizing on misplays of your opponent. Ridgefield advances.....deservedly.

Comment

Care to guess where ALL RHS students live?
                      Well, unless they are cheating, the answer would be Ridgefield.

Comment

Soccer is all about capitalizing on misplays of your opponent. Ridgefield advances.....deservedly.
                        Totally agree- not diminishing their accomplishment
                        Just that the doom and gloom is overplayed on this site

Comment

Well, unless they are cheating, the answer would be Ridgefield.
                          Or south Danbury

Comment

Stjs parent
                            Fair enough..

SJHS Parent

Comment

I take it your kid doesn't play ECNL (unless it's FSA, and then ignore) b/c what you saw last night isn't what high level ECNL play looks like.
                              exactly my point Sherlock.

Comment

Fair enough..

SJHS Parent
                                Finally. The SJ freshmen also don’t care as they weren’t apart of those so stop belittling them by always bringing up what you did. Good for you guys. Yankees have won a gazillion World Series but guess what the Red Sox are the champs this year. Better team won. Same goes for SJ. Can we talk about something else now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X