•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    PB is not walking through that door

they will choke again
    That was a good team. This team is different. They don't rely on a single player to score.

Comment

Silver Lake will moose in the semifinals
      Doubt it. We'll see. It's difficult regardless of league and competition to stay as consistent as they have. There are a few teams that will give them a scare potentially, but I see them going at least to the finals.

Comment

I have Needham as the favorites in D-1 South. Silver Lake probably not far behind. Wellesley has come on strong and is probably the dark horse after those 2 teams.

I like Lexington a lot in D-1 North. SJP might be too young. Don't think Somerville will be that strong and consistent, they have one great game and don't play as well the next. L-S is a maybe, but have failed to show consistency in the tournament as well. This is the first year in a long time Newton North has done this well, so wondering if this is for real and if they can keep it going. I usually don't have this much of a hunch with any D-1 team, but this year I'm having a feeling Lexington is that team.
        Last edited by AlexFilides; 10-20-2018, 11:51 PM.

Comment

You can start to see a trend with Nauset, in their past 4 games, they aren't playing as well. This is what I had talked about last week. Some concern now heading into the tournament.

Wednesday, Oct. 10 at Marshfield W, 3-2
          Saturday, Oct. 13 Falmouth W, 2-0
          Tuesday, Oct. 16 at Dennis-Yarmouth W, 6-2
          Thursday, Oct. 18 Sandwich W, 1-0

Comment

This is Newton North vs Andover game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agQI3t2Nwtw

Comment

Ended up watching half of the Andover vs NN game.

North has strong midfielders and the forwards that can shoot very well. Goalie isn't bad either, but only saw a half, so it was hard to tell. A little small, but maybe slightly above average.

However, NN's back 4 appears to be by far the weak link of the team and that's being generous. If they end up facing a good offensive team that puts pressure on those defenders, NN is in trouble. I would actually consider doubling NN's mids and trying to counter attack off of that, but only if that team has a good back 4.
              Last edited by AlexFilides; 10-21-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Alex, how 'bout you put a detailed scouting report out for Lexington (and other contenders) to even the playing field you just threw down?

Comment

D1 South 10/21

Seedings as of 10/21

1. Silver Lake 14-0-1 .967
                  2. Durfee 10-1-2 .846
                  3. Mansfield 10-0-5 .833
                  4. Needham 10-1-5 .781
                  5. Wellesley 8-3-2 .692
                  6. New Bedford 5-3-4 .583
                  7. Hingham 6-4-3 .577
                  8. Natick 7-5-2 .571
                  9. BC High 7-5-3 .567
                  10. Weymouth 5-3-7 .567
                  11. Franklin 8-6-2 .563
                  12. Marshfield 6-5-1 .542
                  13. Barnstable 6-5-3 .536
                  14. Plymouth North 6-5-3 .536
                  15. Brockton 5-5-3 .500
                  16. Newton South 5-5-5 .500

There will be a ton of movement from #6 seed to #13. All these teams have 3-4 games left and those results will be huge factors in home games or away games in the first round.

I expect BC high to drop with games against St Johns shrewsbury, New Bedford and Weymouth.

I expect Weymouth to Slide up a little with wins against At Milton and home vs Braintree and BC High.

Hingham will likely drop several spots with games against WH, Duxbury, Norwell, Plymouth North, and Sandwich all in a 7 day span .

Wellesley is at Newton North and home vs Natick to finish their season.

New Bedford has fairhaven (win) nauset, BCH, Dartmouth, and Attleboro I could see New Bedford dropping as well.

Natick has Wellesley and Westwood. I expect them to go 1-1 to finish the season which keeps them around the 9 seed.

Barnstable could move up with winnable games vs DY and Falmouth.

I expect Brockton to miss the tournament... SHOCKING! They finish with Durfee, Mansfield, Braintree. Missing results from Durfee and BR reschedules earlier in the year which could get them in.

D1 South will be the Wild West the next week with a ton of games with so many seeding and match up implications. Their are only two teams I wouldn’t want to face in the South and that’s Needham and Wellesley. Both coming on strong to end the season, especially Wellesley whoses won 5 straight.

Comment

** Wellesley is 9-3-2 with 7 straight wins

Comment

Seedings as of 10/21

1. Silver Lake 14-0-1 .967
                      2. Durfee 10-1-2 .846
                      3. Mansfield 10-0-5 .833
                      4. Needham 10-1-5 .781
                      5. Wellesley 8-3-2 .692
                      6. New Bedford 5-3-4 .583
                      7. Hingham 6-4-3 .577
                      8. Natick 7-5-2 .571
                      9. BC High 7-5-3 .567
                      10. Weymouth 5-3-7 .567
                      11. Franklin 8-6-2 .563
                      12. Marshfield 6-5-1 .542
                      13. Barnstable 6-5-3 .536
                      14. Plymouth North 6-5-3 .536
                      15. Brockton 5-5-3 .500
                      16. Newton South 5-5-5 .500

There will be a ton of movement from #6 seed to #13. All these teams have 3-4 games left and those results will be huge factors in home games or away games in the first round.

I expect BC high to drop with games against St Johns shrewsbury, New Bedford and Weymouth.

I expect Weymouth to Slide up a little with wins against At Milton and home vs Braintree and BC High.

Hingham will likely drop several spots with games against WH, Duxbury, Norwell, Plymouth North, and Sandwich all in a 7 day span .

Wellesley is at Newton North and home vs Natick to finish their season.

New Bedford has fairhaven (win) nauset, BCH, Dartmouth, and Attleboro I could see New Bedford dropping as well.

Natick has Wellesley and Westwood. I expect them to go 1-1 to finish the season which keeps them around the 9 seed.

Barnstable could move up with winnable games vs DY and Falmouth.

I expect Brockton to miss the tournament... SHOCKING! They finish with Durfee, Mansfield, Braintree. Missing results from Durfee and BR reschedules earlier in the year which could get them in.

D1 South will be the Wild West the next week with a ton of games with so many seeding and match up implications. Their are only two teams I wouldn’t want to face in the South and that’s Needham and Wellesley. Both coming on strong to end the season, especially Wellesley whoses won 5 straight.
                      Best Comparison for Weymouth every year is Michigan state basketball. They’re always in the tournament and no matter what seed they are they seem to find a way to reach the regional semifinals.

Comment

Best Comparison for Weymouth every year is Michigan state basketball. They’re always in the tournament and no matter what seed they are they seem to find a way to reach the regional semifinals.
                        MSU hoops hasn't made the regional semi finals the past three years.

Comment

NN goalie

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                          Ended up watching half of the Andover vs NN game.

North has strong midfielders and the forwards that can shoot very well. Goalie isn't bad either, but only saw a half, so it was hard to tell. A little small, but maybe slightly above average.

However, NN's back 4 appears to be by far the weak link of the team and that's being generous. If they end up facing a good offensive team that puts pressure on those defenders, NN is in trouble. I would actually consider doubling NN's mids and trying to counter attack off of that, but only if that team has a good back 4.
                          As it relates to NN and the goalie, this half against Andover happened to be the goalie that is not really the starter. This was a game that they split, but the usual goalie is a Junior who is 6'2" and solid. Their senior goalie had a back issue and also has been playing in the field more and more.

Comment

As it relates to NN and the goalie, this half against Andover happened to be the goalie that is not really the starter. This was a game that they split, but the usual goalie is a Junior who is 6'2" and solid. Their senior goalie had a back issue and also has been playing in the field more and more.
                            Ended up watching the 2nd half. Didn't seem like the NN goalie was pressured that much, mostly because the midfield and forwards controlled play. The NN goalie threw the ball on a line drive about 45 yards, once he gained possession of it, that was amazing. I think he realized he didn't have much support defensively so he knew when to be aggressive coming out for balls. Although the only time he was threatened, not surprisingly, when a NN seemingly tripped and fell over one of the white painted yard lines...lol...and the Andover forward went in on a breakaway only to be stopped by one of the midfielders coming back.
                            Last edited by AlexFilides; 10-21-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Alex, how 'bout you put a detailed scouting report out for Lexington (and other contenders) to even the playing field you just threw down?
                              Wait, what did I throw down?

Scouting report for Lexington? Their back 4 is better than NN's. :D

And I thought I had given a brief report on Lexington, they appear to be skilled at all positions with speed. Right and left forward appear to be very skilled, maybe their best players.
                              Last edited by AlexFilides; 10-22-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Any dark horses or cinderella teams that will make a deep run that wouldn't normally be expected to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X