Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So why did a d1 parent feel the need to go onto a thread clearly marked d3 and word vomit about d1 players and whatever happens to them on this board, in life, overall? And with rightious indignition spew anger toward d3 parents and players.
    Is this the definition of crazy? It is pretty close if it isnt.
    Like going into the men's room as a female and yelling about men being in there.

You can't make this bat**** crazy stuff up. These people are loco.
    Because you were a pompous asshat and your offspring sucked out on the field when we stood beside you on club sidelines but heaven forbid anyone could say anything about it less you wine like a b**ch to the club DOC so now that I get to slam you anonymously I’m enjoying rubbing your nose in it. I’m not the only one who remembers you lecturing how recruiting worked and how eager you were to count college coaches. I’m getting a real charge out of your revisionist history and defense of where your kid fell to.

Comment

Personally, I would put MIT in a different category. I think kids choose to go to MIT because that is genuinely their first choice. I don't think the same is true for a school like Bowdoin or Middlebury. Every kid who ended up there was gunning for an Ivy. Those parents are the ones that rationalize. But I think MIT is such an unusual place that even if this parent is nuts to be tooting the horn of his kid here, I give him a pass because I think that kids who choose to go to MIT don't generally want to go elsewhere.

Comment

Because you were a pompous asshat and your offspring sucked out on the field when we stood beside you on club sidelines but heaven forbid anyone could say anything about it less you wine like a b**ch to the club DOC so now that I get to slam you anonymously I’m enjoying rubbing your nose in it. I’m not the only one who remembers you lecturing how recruiting worked and how eager you were to count college coaches. I’m getting a real charge out of your revisionist history and defense of where your kid fell to.
        Love this stuff. The poster is so ignorant he has no idea how awful this makes him look.

I wonder if one looked at what the Duke all-conference women from a few years ago are doing today, what would one find. Coaches? Sporting goods (or other sales)?

Comment

Personally, I would put MIT in a different category. I think kids choose to go to MIT because that is genuinely their first choice. I don't think the same is true for a school like Bowdoin or Middlebury. Every kid who ended up there was gunning for an Ivy. Those parents are the ones that rationalize. But I think MIT is such an unusual place that even if this parent is nuts to be tooting the horn of his kid here, I give him a pass because I think that kids who choose to go to MIT don't generally want to go elsewhere.
          Certainly some Bowdoin or Middlebury kids had Ivy dreams. But the small liberal arts school experience is far different from an Ivy. And, schools like Williams, Hopkins, Cal Tech, Pomona, and Harvey Mudd draw kids who chose them over some Ivy.

Comment

Ah funny. I am a d1 parent as well but support all the kids no matter where they play. So my kid may be propping up yours like I did you on the sidelines when you would show up drunk. Cheers.

Comment

Ah funny. I am a d1 parent as well but support all the kids no matter where they play. So my kid may be propping up yours like I did you on the sidelines when you would show up drunk. Cheers.
              Seems like for that windbag, not.much has changed. In the words of late amy winehouse....They tried to make me go to rehab; I said no, no, no.
              Try it. It might help.make you slightly less miserable.

Comment

I'm amazed how people react to all the nonsense. If your kids get though college and have like the sports,academics and there overal college experience it was a success. The important thing is the find a path that makes them happy in life where ever it takes them.

Comment

Oh, you were the guy who turned us into “standers” so we could move away from you when you stood beside us on the club sidelines.

Comment

Agree that most kids choose to go to MIT because it's their first choice. It is unique and obviously top-level academically, but it draws a certain type of kid. The overall MIT experience is not appealing to everyone.

Also, it's definitely not accurate to say that "every kid at Bowdoin or Middlebury was gunning for an Ivy." For some kids I am sure that is true, but it's definitely not the case for all students.

You're overgeneralizing these choices (and perhaps applying what would be your rationalization?) What might be a no-brainer choice to you may be more complicated to the person making their decision about where to spend 4 years.

All excellent schools.

Comment

I'm amazed how people react to all the nonsense. If your kids get though college and have like the sports,academics and there overal college experience it was a success. The important thing is the find a path that makes them happy in life where ever it takes them.
                      Yes!!

Comment

My brother is a Bowdoin grad. He had always thought, planned, he was going to go to Dartmouth. But, when it came time to decide he liked the environment at Bowdoin better.

He could've played soccer at Dartmouth, but not hockey. He played both at Bowdoin. It was a factor, but ultimately he liked the school setting better and that surprised us.

So, not sure how you are referencing "gunning" for Ivy in this instance.

Comment

Because it fits their narrative better.

Comment

Another big weekend of important conference games. Looking forward to watching some on live stream.

Comment

MIT took care of business, 3-1 over Springfield. KG scores two more!

Comment

Yesterday's NESCAC scores:

Sat. 20 Connecticut College * 0 Bowdoin 2 Brunswick, Maine

Sat. 20 Williams * 1 Tufts 0 Medford, Mass.

Sat. 20 Amherst * 2 Wesleyan 3 Middletown, Conn.

Sat. 20 Bates * 1 Middlebury 3 Middlebury, Vt.

Sat. 20 Hamilton * 2 Colby 3 Waterville, Maine

A couple of upsets, Amherst and Hamilton both losing on the road. Traveling must be tough in the NESCAC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X