Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Girls H.S. team will reign supreme this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Class L matchups - two probably close games, two others most likely predictable

#3 St J vs #11 Farmington

#2 Hand vs #26 Barlow

#20 East Lyme vs #21 EO Smith

#1 Rham vs #25 New Canaan
    Which two will be close in your opinion? I can't wait for the line guy to give us the lines, I really look forward to that each day.

Comment

Which two will be close in your opinion? I can't wait for the line guy to give us the lines, I really look forward to that each day.
      Subtract the seedings and divide by 10.

St joe (0.8)
      Hand (2.4)
      East Lyme (0.1)
      RHAM (2.4) (but i will take New Canaan in this game)

Comment

Hand and St Joes are the only decent teams in class L. RHAM struggled to get by a weak Guilford team in 2ot game. The other top seeds on that half of bracket were frauds with easy schedules.
        You fciac homers are a riot! Any school out side of FC plays a weak schedule in your opinion.

While RHAM did have to go two OTs to win, it appears as though st joes had a bit of a "struggle" with a "weak" Pomp team! If coach hadn't recruited god penalty shooters...

Comment

You fciac homers are a riot! Any school out side of FC plays a weak schedule in your opinion.

While RHAM did have to go two OTs to win, it appears as though st joes had a bit of a "struggle" with a "weak" Pomp team! If coach hadn't recruited god penalty shooters...
          there are only 32 teams left in the state still playing
          it doesnt matter what anyone thinks all that matters is that you are still practicing next week

Comment

Hand and St Joes are the only decent teams in class L. RHAM struggled to get by a weak Guilford team in 2ot game. The other top seeds on that half of bracket were frauds with easy schedules.
            St J squeaked out a win v Pomp. They are not a powerhouse this year. Hand is the only decent team left.

Comment

So true. RHAM can't be a legitimate 1 seed because they don't play in the FCIAC...give me a break. RHAM beat Glastonbury this year and has played a good schedule. Guilford just had a good defense and kept it close. The tournament is about surviving and advancing and we did. Btw, that same weak Guilford team beat Hand. We will see what happens the next week but I'm hoping for the RHAM vs St Joe final so we can shut you FCIAC fanboys up

Comment

I looked up Suffield. They play nobody. Absolutely nobody. Of course they haven't lost, their conference would struggle against 6th grade teams. What a laugh.
                Wow, that was deep

Comment

So true. RHAM can't be a legitimate 1 seed because they don't play in the FCIAC...give me a break. RHAM beat Glastonbury this year and has played a good schedule. Guilford just had a good defense and kept it close. The tournament is about surviving and advancing and we did. Btw, that same weak Guilford team beat Hand. We will see what happens the next week but I'm hoping for the RHAM vs St Joe final so we can shut you FCIAC fanboys up
                  I am hoping the recruiters...I mean that catholic school, loses ASAP

Comment

I am hoping the recruiters...I mean that catholic school, loses ASAP
                    We use your hate as fuel-i too hpe we play RHAM, that means we are in the finals again
                    But we arent looking past anyone. Punching your ticket to the finals with 2 games to play before it is risky-

Comment

St J squeaked out a win v Pomp. They are not a powerhouse this year. Hand is the only decent team left.
                      SJ is pretty poor, mostly just kick ball. Is this the best FCIAC got?

Comment

Kick ball is how you win in high school soccer.
                        Boot it out of your defense. Danger cleared.
                        Boot it long for the fast kid. Best defense is a good offense.
                        Boot it at the goal. Some will go in.

Comment

It's who won. That doesn't alway mean it's the best team. Nearly losing to Pomp (who I grant is a good team) shows you FCIAC ain't all that.

Comment

It's who won. That doesn't alway mean it's the best team. Nearly losing to Pomp (who I grant is a good team) shows you FCIAC ain't all that.
                            Right. History-teacher coaches are not going to make teams better or improve players. Even if a h.s. coach was, by accident, a decent soccer coach, there's no time to do much of anything useful except running. Heck, best thing the coach can do is get sympathetic refs. As mentioned in another thread, refs throwing goals your way can be more helpful than good players.

Comment

Also Guilford did beat Masuk a fciac school

Comment

Also Guilford did beat Masuk a fciac school
                                While Monroe is in ffld county, Masuk does not play in the fciac

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X