San Diego Surf SC Welcomes New Affiliate, New York Surf SC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if it's all just a money grab -- but it's certainly haphazard and seemingly being done on the fly. The dilution will hurt them if they don't end up with strong teams across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not sure if it's all just a money grab -- but it's certainly haphazard and seemingly being done on the fly. The dilution will hurt them if they don't end up with strong teams across the board.
      So Adelphi coach will "oversee" Nassau tryouts? What the hell does that mean? Did they announce any coaches and if not where will they get them from?

Comment

Surf LI

Suffolk has no fields, no coaches, no announced league, etc.

And instead of concentrating on that with most players having already committed to teams they now are firing up in Nassau where they have no fields, no coaches, no announced league, etc.

I just don't get it.

Comment

Surf LI

And instead of concentrating on that with most players having already committed to teams they now are firing up in Nassau where they have no fields, no coaches, no announced league, etc.

I just don't get it.
          lol if you listen to BOTN then Surf will dazzle us all "soon" with their brilliant coaches, field locations, leagues they'll play in. For an organization that was supposedly planning this for 18 months they sure don't seem to have a game plan to execute.

Comment

So Adelphi coach will "oversee" Nassau tryouts? What the hell does that mean? Did they announce any coaches and if not where will they get them from?
            Kind of like the Fordham coach that will "coaching" - it sounds impressive to parents but that's about all. Most college coaches have time for maybe one team during their offseason, or maybe they serve as a DOC. I'ts almost July and almost nothing is set

Comment

Surf LI

I just don't get it.
              It's a Ponzi scheme

Comment

It's a Ponzi scheme
                Just heard that the talent was incredibly bad at the Nassau tryouts. Also, said there was no one to speak too. Person has already committed. Just wanted to see what it was about. Is definitely not going to Surf.

Comment

It's a Ponzi scheme
                  With Larry and BOTN as its chief spokesperson

Comment

With Larry and BOTN as its chief spokesperson
                    Well it sounds like poster above received the email. Trouts were moved an hour and a half from Adelphi to HBC complex! I mean HOLY S***. Really? So coach works there and couldn't even get the field for an hour? I'm sure she completely regrets any part of this. So these kids are trying out for a club with no fields, coaches, league or clue. Better off going to PFK. This is a big red flag. Just take your tired act to Westchester. This is embarrassing.

Comment

Fields, we don't need no stink'n fields, or coaches, or leagues, or ...

Just send your $2,450 to ... and make it out to CASH.

Comment

Well it sounds like poster above received the email. Trouts were moved an hour and a half from Adelphi to HBC complex! I mean HOLY S***. Really? So coach works there and couldn't even get the field for an hour? I'm sure she completely regrets any part of this. So these kids are trying out for a club with no fields, coaches, league or clue. Better off going to PFK. This is a big red flag. Just take your tired act to Westchester. This is embarrassing.
                        Sorry. Westchester is already fighting to keep their vapor-club out. I think you may have to keep them on Long Island. The only thing that may save you is that the pres lives in Westchester.

The little space they had access to as Westechester Soccer Club will be reduced even more as the other sports clubs that work together have coordinated to stop this bs club from taking space.

So they may well end up somewhere in LI as their central location.

Comment

Sorry. Westchester is already fighting to keep their vapor-club out. I think you may have to keep them on Long Island. The only thing that may save you is that the pres lives in Westchester.

The little space they had access to as Westechester Soccer Club will be reduced even more as the other sports clubs that work together have coordinated to stop this bs club from taking space.

So they may well end up somewhere in LI as their central location.
                          But they already have teams formed in Westchester, so at least for 2016-2017 aren't those teams going to exist still? LI will take a lot to get going at this point -- they lost out on much of their talent pool since they are already committed.

Comment

But they already have teams formed in Westchester, so at least for 2016-2017 aren't those teams going to exist still? LI will take a lot to get going at this point -- they lost out on much of their talent pool since they are already committed.
                            Are they giving financial incentives to good players? Top clubs are expensive to play for and if they are attracting players with $$$ of course they can get some good players.

Comment

If they really want 'quality' teams that can play in all the elite tournaments then they will have to look to Long Island. Westchester already has two academy clubs that are daddy independent. No player who makes the top 15 spots on any of those 'A' teams is going to leave for the NY Surf experiment. Why? Their development will stop - they would be playing with players of a lower caliber and against teams of a lower caliber.

The best players Surf can hope for are the ones that are not top 15 at the other westchester clubs. Or perhaps players outside of westchester who are running away from long island.

Long Island, on the other hand, has zero academy clubs but thousands of anxious aggressive parents and kids. Somebody should go out there and create a legitimate club. That's what Surf should do except that ...

Comment

From Larry's April 11 post:

"I have spent serious time this past weekend discussing issues regarding the SURF and what can be shared will be shared by the club or by me IF I am given permission. If you cant wait then don't. The sense I get from chatting with the club is they have their [****] together and will not be goaded into satisfying anyone's need to know before they decide you need to know, and that dictum was also told to me."

Surf has their sh*t together????

Sounds to me that Surf DOESN'T KNOW and is flying by the seat of their pants.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X