X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with other poster - Say what?

Maybe it was supposed to be, "This just in: Eastside gets their first goal this weekend :) "
    I took it to mean that as well. I hope they do! They have a lot of young kids playing up, and they are trying really hard.

Comment

I took it to mean that as well. I hope they do! They have a lot of young kids playing up, and they are trying really hard.
      I see four 06's on their roster that got playing time. I see four 06's on FCP's roster that got playing time. My point is, they do not have any more 06's playing up than other clubs and I think all the clubs are trying really hard.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2114344]I took it to mean that as well. I hope they do! They have a lot of young kids playing up, and they are trying really hard

I have never posted but was recently made aware of this website after moving here from Florida. And a quick disclaimer I played in College and 2 years in mls as a reserve. It is sick what I am reading. Everyone needs to take a step back and think about the core purpose of the kids playing soccer (ENJOYMENT FOR YOUR KIDS). Some will play through highschool, some will go to college and play and hopefully the top end will end up at timbers as a "homegrown" or also get college opportunities. However, it is obvious to me that this market is very different than others and bias and moved by monetary manipulation. Not sure how usda let's it go, but beyond that why do you as a parent group (all of you) allow it? why not acknowledge it, fix it and give the kids the best development opportunity no matter their skill level. Stop bitching and bragging anonymously on here do something about it

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2114369]
          I took it to mean that as well. I hope they do! They have a lot of young kids playing up, and they are trying really hard

I have never posted but was recently made aware of this website after moving here from Florida. And a quick disclaimer I played in College and 2 years in mls as a reserve. It is sick what I am reading. Everyone needs to take a step back and think about the core purpose of the kids playing soccer (ENJOYMENT FOR YOUR KIDS). Some will play through highschool, some will go to college and play and hopefully the top end will end up at timbers as a "homegrown" or also get college opportunities. However, it is obvious to me that this market is very different than others and bias and moved by monetary manipulation. Not sure how usda let's it go, but beyond that why do you as a parent group (all of you) allow it? why not acknowledge it, fix it and give the kids the best development opportunity no matter their skill level. Stop bitching and bragging anonymously on here do something about it
          What do you suggest? Saying "stuff sucks!" is easy. Making it not suck is hard.

Comment

I took it to mean that as well. I hope they do! They have a lot of young kids playing up, and they are trying really hard

You are clearly new here. This is not the place for action, this is the place for bitching.

Comment

Hi, welcome to Oregon...Portland area, I presume? I like what you said. I think a lot of people feel that way, (and probably a lot who do not) but this is all they have known...so fresh perspective is needed. May I ask, if your comments are based solely on what you have read on here? (The post you replied to, seemed to be a supportive post?) Have you had any experience with any of the local clubs?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2114401]

Hi, welcome to Oregon...Portland area, I presume? I like what you said. I think a lot of people feel that way, (and probably a lot who do not) but this is all they have known...so fresh perspective is needed. May I ask, if your comments are based solely on what you have read on here? (The post you replied to, seemed to be a supportive post?) Have you had any experience with any of the local clubs?
                My kids are still too young (4 and 8mos.) but I have always considered coaching. In this case my coworker has a son on one of the local 05 DA teams and I was asking him about the landscape and how the Timbers are involved in youth development here since Marco is a recent homegrown. To my surprise he let me know the divisive nature of the clubs and parents here and the fact that the Timbers have allowed a wealthy parent to dictate what happens at their "academy" rather than following their professed development curriculum for the top players. I would suggest organizing a meeting with the local DA teams directors, the Timbers, top local donors and maybe some diligent, organized parents who truly care. From this meeting should come an agreed upon system of promoting the top kids from each of the local clubs (we all know each team has them regardless of what club your kid plays for) to the Timbers each year, who in theory should not only have the development of said kids as their first priority but also the equivalent coaching and framework to do so. It really is not as hard as this chatting seems to think it is. Form a committee to evaluate the players because everyone knows who the top 12-14 are the next 4 could probably come from a pool of 10-15 kids depending on positional need based on opinions. In this case the Timbers have 7-8 top players and 7-8 kids that could and should be replaced by others if you took the politics out

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2114406]

My kids are still too young (4 and 8mos.) but I have always considered coaching. In this case my coworker has a son on one of the local 05 DA teams and I was asking him about the landscape and how the Timbers are involved in youth development here since Marco is a recent homegrown. To my surprise he let me know the divisive nature of the clubs and parents here and the fact that the Timbers have allowed a wealthy parent to dictate what happens at their "academy" rather than following their professed development curriculum for the top players. I would suggest organizing a meeting with the local DA teams directors, the Timbers, top local donors and maybe some diligent, organized parents who truly care. From this meeting should come an agreed upon system of promoting the top kids from each of the local clubs (we all know each team has them regardless of what club your kid plays for) to the Timbers each year, who in theory should not only have the development of said kids as their first priority but also the equivalent coaching and framework to do so. It really is not as hard as this chatting seems to think it is. Form a committee to evaluate the players because everyone knows who the top 12-14 are the next 4 could probably come from a pool of 10-15 kids depending on positional need based on opinions. In this case the Timbers have 7-8 top players and 7-8 kids that could and should be replaced by others if you took the politics out

So easily said than done. Do you work in the industry by chance? Do you work with MLS? Youth Soccer? adidas? Do you have a personal relationship with Gavin? At least two of the above for starters is absolutely necessary. Amazing in theory and logic. Amazingly difficult in reality.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2114421]

So easily said than done. Do you work in the industry by chance? Do you work with MLS? Youth Soccer? adidas? Do you have a personal relationship with Gavin? At least two of the above for starters is absolutely necessary. Amazing in theory and logic. Amazingly difficult in reality.
                    I work in medical device sales, but that response is exactly the problem here. If those in charge are placing those kind of barriers to entry than that should raise some serious red flags. Dialogue and collaboration should be encouraged to grow any talent pool. If you all TRULY believe in having a system and framework to develop top local talent so Oregon is relevant again you all should be working to make that happen and allow those who you elect to put in charge make the soccer decisions absent parental bribery. Here is the catch- many of you need to put your personal agendas aside and be HONEST about your child's ability. Many of them do not have what it takes, but that does not mean they cannot enjoy and continue to develop in this great game at a local level and get educational opportunities in college because of it...

Comment

Where is "prediction guy"?
                      Wanting to read his DA predictions for this weekend to compare with the Vegas odds!

Comment

Where is "prediction guy"?
                        Wanting to read his DA predictions for this weekend to compare with the Vegas odds!
                        Coming later today.

Comment

Coming later today.
                          DA predictions.

Crossfire 4, CFC 1. One week after routing Eastside, Capitol finds itself on the wrong end of the scoreline this week, as Crossfire's high-scoring offense visits its net early and often.

FC 3, WT 1. Same score as last year's State Cup semi? Why not... both teams appear to have been equally hurt by defections to TA. The ball will spend most of it's time on the side of the field where the two teams are strongest; unfortunately for Westside, that's close to their goal and not FCs.

BSC 5, Eastside 1. BSC finally gets a win, and Eastside finally gets a goal.

OYSA predictions to come later today.

Comment

DA predictions.

Crossfire 4, CFC 1. One week after routing Eastside, Capitol finds itself on the wrong end of the scoreline this week, as Crossfire's high-scoring offense visits its net early and often.

FC 3, WT 1. Same score as last year's State Cup semi? Why not... both teams appear to have been equally hurt by defections to TA. The ball will spend most of it's time on the side of the field where the two teams are strongest; unfortunately for Westside, that's close to their goal and not FCs.

BSC 5, Eastside 1. BSC finally gets a win, and Eastside finally gets a goal.

OYSA predictions to come later today.
                            I cannot disagree with any of these. Well done!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2114422]

I work in medical device sales, but that response is exactly the problem here. If those in charge are placing those kind of barriers to entry than that should raise some serious red flags. Dialogue and collaboration should be encouraged to grow any talent pool. If you all TRULY believe in having a system and framework to develop top local talent so Oregon is relevant again you all should be working to make that happen and allow those who you elect to put in charge make the soccer decisions absent parental bribery. Here is the catch- many of you need to put your personal agendas aside and be HONEST about your child's ability. Many of them do not have what it takes, but that does not mean they cannot enjoy and continue to develop in this great game at a local level and get educational opportunities in college because of it...
                              i work with the mls coaches and the oysa as a third party, they at least pretend to listen. i think this is only because i sort of know folks who work at both. then they put into place my ideas about 5-10 years later and don't pay me for the ideas. getting in touch with MLS head honchos is damn near impossible, for a common man, though.

Comment

OYSA Predictions:

Crows 6, HSC 1. Out of the frying pan, into the fire for Hillsboro.

ADF 7, FCSC 0. 7-0 is the largest margin of victory I'm willing to predict, but this could get ugly quickly.

ETFC 2, Copa 1. Copa could win this, the first game of a long weekend, but I think Marseilles will be a bit much.

IFC GPS 7, Red2 0. See ADF/FCSC prediction above.

Bend 2, IFC GPS 2. GPS has a nasty travel weekend as well (game in the 'Couv Saturday night, game in Redmond, OR Sunday afternoon). This one is hard to predict and will give us our first indication if Bend is for real or not.

RVT 2, Copa 2. Last time they played, Copa scored three on Rogue Valley, but this game is in Medford.

4H 3, Navy 2. Both of these teams have 4-goal wins against hapless Red2, and both got beaten by the good teams they faced.

Cuervos 4, ETFC 0. Crows continue beating up the weaker teams in the division.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X