Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She got arrested for driving while toking a few months back. Too bad - great player. Don't know the narratives you allude to except the one that was mentioned in a local paper.
    http://ncadvertiser.com/97461/stamfo...ijuana-arrest/

Was a menice on the field. Big, strong and fast. Was intimidating player because you never knew when she would blow her stack. Against an opponent or against a teammate.

A lot of poor choices apparently

Comment

I think this concept of relevance makes no sense at all. To whom would any program even be "relevant"? To your mind relevance is determined by winning. So how many wins exactly does it take to be relevant? If I win one less than that, my program is not relevant? What makes something relevant or not would seem to be a very individual assessment and not a collective one.
      Oh lord.

Enough.

Enjoy your pseudo intellectuism on your
      custom built Gerrison Keillor front porch.

Rock way on the rocking chair by yourself DF.

For the rest, Google Keillor.

Wrote a couple of books that will
      bust a gut in pure laughter.

Also explain this DF.

Comment

She got arrested for driving while toking a few months back. Too bad - great player. Don't know the narratives you allude to except the one that was mentioned in a local paper.
        Didn't she commit to UCONN, then ended up at Bport? I might be mixing her up with someone else but I recall there were questions long before she ended up at UB

Comment

Oh lord.

Enough.

Also explain this DF.
          That's the problem that drives youth sports - everyone thinks their kids are "above average" :)

Comment

That's the problem that drives youth sports - everyone thinks their kids are "above average" :)

Its not a problem at all really. It allows providers to empty wallets at an alarming rate. the best of all cons. the mark actually does not even realize it

Comment

Its not a problem at all really. It allows providers to empty wallets at an alarming rate. the best of all cons. the mark actually does not even realize it
              Ok so it's a boom for the club and leagues, a bust for the parents.

Comment

Oh lord.

Enough.

Also explain this DF.

So, because you cannot exactly define what a relevant soccer program might be, or even what the word relevant has to do with a soccer program, you just smear it instead.

I didn't start the conversation. I'm merely asking this person who seems to think he or she knows what a relevant soccer program is to go ahead and explain it!

Comment

So, because you cannot exactly define what a relevant soccer program might be, or even what the word relevant has to do with a soccer program, you just smear it instead.

I didn't start the conversation. I'm merely asking this person who seems to think he or she knows what a relevant soccer program is to go ahead and explain it!
                  i think its been "explained" many times, but I guess not to your satisfaction. So topic over .

Comment

Relevancy of anything, including soccer programs, is
                    subject to the subjective opinion of the individual
                    determining relevancy.

At end, defining relevancy is subject to the number
                    of people that choose to define what being relevant
                    is - theoretically every person living on the planet today.

Now please STFU.

Comment

Relevancy of anything, including soccer programs, is
                      subject to the subjective opinion of the individual
                      determining relevancy.

At end, defining relevancy is subject to the number
                      of people that choose to define what being relevant
                      is - theoretically every person living on the planet today.

Now please STFU.

Exactly.

Thus his contentions about the relevancy of any program has no consensus to support his position. Relevancy, like beauty, is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Thus, Yale soccer is as relevant to some of us and UCLA is to him.

He makes an argument that cannot be objectively determined as right.

Comment

Exactly.

Thus his contentions about the relevancy of any program has no consensus to support his position. Relevancy, like beauty, is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Thus, Yale soccer is as relevant to some of us and UCLA is to him.

as stupid as this argument has become
                        relevancy is determined by the number of people- more people care about football than women soccer and more people care about winning than do losing (over time as well as one offs)
                        he can certainly make the argument that Stanford is more relevant than Yale in women's soccer simply because more people care about one of the other

that doesn't mean you can't like Yale

Comment

as stupid as this argument has become
                          relevancy is determined by the number of people- more people care about football than women soccer and more people care about winning than do losing (over time as well as one offs)
                          he can certainly make the argument that Stanford is more relevant than Yale in women's soccer simply because more people care about one of the other

that doesn't mean you can't like Yale
                          100% this. The term was NATIONALLY relevant. I take that to mean there are a greater number people throughout the nation who are interested in the Stanford WoSo program than say CCSU

Comment

100% this. The term was NATIONALLY relevant. I take that to mean there are a greater number people throughout the nation who are interested in the Stanford WoSo program than say CCSU

Except CCSU wasn't part of the discussion.

Yale was the school being used in the comparison.

A much different perspective than CCSU. One could argue as many people are interested in Yale women's soccer as in Stanford's. Of course, it cannot be proven one way or the other.

Comment

Exactly.

Listen DF, no subjective argument can ever be objectively determined as
                              right or wrong.

Nature of subjectivism.

Everybody has an opinion.

My relavent, subjective and objective opinion
                              is to you finally STFU.

Comment

When is the last time University of Hartford women's soccer team played a solid non conference schedule ? Year in and year out they play all cream puffs hence they are not prepared for one of the worst conferences in the country. Play UConn or BC or Hofstra or St. John's.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X