X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NEPSAC games outside of ISL count more.
    Too bad these kids can't play in the top league.

Comment

any updates?

Comment

i heard Rivers beat Marianapolis 6-1

Comment

Brooks 3 SP 0
          NMH 4 BBN 0
          SM 4 Pomfret 1
          Rivers 0 KUA 5
          BH 3 Exeter 2

Comment

Milton 3- Andover 2

Tabor 3- Govs 0

Comment

predictions?

so who's going to win ISL this year?

Comment

so who's going to win ISL this year?
                It's still too early. Only one game played.

Comment

Reading the tea leaves from these first games along with the results from last season, you'd say Milton, Brooks and BH will lead, with maybe a challenge from SM? Andover and Exeter are usually at least good, so getting a result in those games says Milton and BH are for real. Brooks has to be in the mix based from last year and then returning most of their players. SM and Rivers are two teams that most every year you read about here with an influx of supposedly talented young players, but the early results are obviously mixed. KUA can put out a very talented team some years (sometimes with foreign players), but regardless that's a tough start for Rivers. Pomfret is usually at least solid, so that's a good start for SM. Hard to say with SM after last year with some good results against top teams but also getting crushed by others (seems they got their act together by end of the season). The striker will bag some goals but we'll see about the rest of the squad. Not claiming to have much knowledge of individual players or roster changes, but I understand a good player transferred from Lawrence to Milton. Speaking of which, I've neglected to mention Nobles (since there wasn't a score posted here), who supposedly brought in a DA hot-shot, but also lost a core of excellent players to graduation.

Comment

Reading the tea leaves from these first games along with the results from last season, you'd say Milton, Brooks and BH will lead, with maybe a challenge from SM? Andover and Exeter are usually at least good, so getting a result in those games says Milton and BH are for real. Brooks has to be in the mix based from last year and then returning most of their players. SM and Rivers are two teams that most every year you read about here with an influx of supposedly talented young players, but the early results are obviously mixed. KUA can put out a very talented team some years (sometimes with foreign players), but regardless that's a tough start for Rivers. Pomfret is usually at least solid, so that's a good start for SM. Hard to say with SM after last year with some good results against top teams but also getting crushed by others (seems they got their act together by end of the season). The striker will bag some goals but we'll see about the rest of the squad. Not claiming to have much knowledge of individual players or roster changes, but I understand a good player transferred from Lawrence to Milton. Speaking of which, I've neglected to mention Nobles (since there wasn't a score posted here), who supposedly brought in a DA hot-shot, but also lost a core of excellent players to graduation.
                    Still- too early. Beating Andover and Exeter by only one goal - not a big deal. If it was two goals or more I'd be ready to buy your argument that Milton and BH will be in the top three. However I can see SM and Middlesex beating Exeter and Andover by one goal too. Also, I didn't watch either game but I highly doubt any one team dominated. Furthermore, the first games of the season are generally not a good indicator as teams are just getting themselves going. Middlesex also came out of the starting line strong but again it's too early. Nobles has not even entered the picture yet. After this weekend we should be able to make some serious predictions. Single player additions to teams can help but it's highly unlikely to win a league because of one player. Players transfer from public to private all the time- we have no idea which other schools also have new good players. Your predictions should certainly make the top eight though. Top three? maybe... but again, should know more after this weekend.

Comment

after the weekend of the 27th we should be able to predict the top three. This weekend we won't learn a whole lot.

Comment

after the weekend of the 27th we should be able to predict the top three. This weekend we won't learn a whole lot.
                        Except for the middlesex-st marks match. Two likely good teams that will probably be competing around the edges for playoff spots. Since you only get to play each team once, that one might give one of those teams an early edge.

Comment

Still- too early. Beating Andover and Exeter by only one goal - not a big deal. If it was two goals or more I'd be ready to buy your argument that Milton and BH will be in the top three. However I can see SM and Middlesex beating Exeter and Andover by one goal too. Also, I didn't watch either game but I highly doubt any one team dominated. Furthermore, the first games of the season are generally not a good indicator as teams are just getting themselves going. Middlesex also came out of the starting line strong but again it's too early. Nobles has not even entered the picture yet. After this weekend we should be able to make some serious predictions. Single player additions to teams can help but it's highly unlikely to win a league because of one player. Players transfer from public to private all the time- we have no idea which other schools also have new good players. Your predictions should certainly make the top eight though. Top three? maybe... but again, should know more after this weekend.
                          A win is a win. MA's wins over both Exeter and Andover will help them in the NEPSAC (if they place in the ISL).

Comment

The 27th is on Wednesday.

Comment

Berkshire 3 Hotchkiss 0

Comment

Berkshire 3 Hotchkiss 0
                                From the other thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0JwXt-rDA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X