Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Tryouts

Some posters a few months ago were talking about tryouts coming earlier in2917 than in the past? Any truth to that? Does anyone know when they'll be?

Yes, they'll be in 2916

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Some posters a few months ago were talking about tryouts coming earlier in2917 than in the past? Any truth to that? Does anyone know when they'll be?
      Could your post at midnight on a Saturday night be any more vague? With how many leagues, clubs and locations in this state how many answers might there be? How reliable might answers on TS be? Here's a thought - contact the clubs you're interested in, or at a minimum check out their websites.

Comment

In 2917, tryouts will be on Mars!

Comment

Who cares!!! My daughter is off to college and I we will not have to endure the endless promises and bull**** from the clubs. We will be free at last. FREE I say! I Have newly found energy and no longer have to wonder why talent no longer matters, only money and arse kissing. YES, FREE AT LAST!!!

I do however wish everyone out there the best for tryouts and suggest you take every club's promises with a very large grain of salt. Support your child's efforts throughout and know that referees for the most part don't care and there is no system in place to help grow them, nor any system to manage the insanity that lives on the parents sidelines. GOOD LUCK to all of you!

Comment

The 2917 tryouts will be in January although the virtual cognitive evaluations are in December and the volunteer low gravity conditioning program starts in mid-Octoberfor for those interested.

In 2017 tryouts for most clubs will be in the first week or so of April, although your 2917 kid will be far to young for that season.

Comment

Not sure if they'll have U-900's then, there may be another age group shake-up between now and then.

Comment

Yes - clubs now have the option to do tryouts as early as April. They can also do rolling tryouts, where you have 2 or 3 tryouts periods, like one in April, one in May, one in June.

The only requirement is that they be club wide tryouts and that they be open to all.

This change was discussed at the FYSA AGM meeting last spring. It was voted on, and agreed to. It goes into effect this Spring.

Comment

DA clubs can have tryouts any time they wish....and they will

Comment

Yes - clubs now have the option to do tryouts as early as April. They can also do rolling tryouts, where you have 2 or 3 tryouts periods, like one in April, one in May, one in June.

The only requirement is that they be club wide tryouts and that they be open to all.

This change was discussed at the FYSA AGM meeting last spring. It was voted on, and agreed to. It goes into effect this Spring.
                    any chance to get solid confirmation on this?

Comment

DA clubs can have tryouts any time they wish....and they will
                      US Soccer announced that Girls DA "would do away with the ineffective and antiquated tryout model." What are they replacing it? What are the "tryouts" you refer to?

Comment

any chance to get solid confirmation on this?
                        As I said, this change was voted in at the AGM last year.
                        You can go to FYSA website, look at the bylaws. It is rule 401.6.

The try-out rules have completely changed. There is no longer any requirement that there be one tryout per club, no longer required to have tryouts at the end of the season. You can have multiple tryouts starting Arpil 1.

The players do not officially transfer club until the end of the season, which is the end of May, but there are rolling tryouts now. You can expect bigger clubs to have two or three tryouts.

You can read the rule for yourself:
                        http://www.fysa.com/about/rules-and-bylaws/

401.6 TRY-OUTS

Organizations affiliated with FYSA may hold any try-out or player identification activity, related to the formation of teams for the next seasonal year involving players IN ALL AGE GROUPS on April 1st or after provided the following guidelines are met:

Tryouts or other activities are publicly advertised and open to all age-appropriate players.

Players remain bound to their existing club for the current seasonal year pursuant to provisions contained in Rule 207.6. Violation

Comment

US Soccer announced that Girls DA "would do away with the ineffective and antiquated tryout model." What are they replacing it? What are the "tryouts" you refer to?
                          The DAs and other top tier clubs pushed for the rolling tryouts, as outlined in Section 401.6 of FYSA bylaws.

Comment

From what I have read and heard the D.A. selection will be by invite only. Players will recieve emails etc. Rumor is some TBU girls have already recieved WFF D.A. email tryout invites. I do not know if that is true or not. Also the tryout will be large games with eyes on the games of the invited players. They dont need to see you do a scissor move they want to see how you play in the actual games. So the way I understand it is 40 or so girls (guess) invited, play two full sided 11v11 games, so 44 to 50 giris. pick out 24 or so each age. And yes politics will still come into play. I would wager a U13 premier girl has a better chance of securing her spot if she played at the club that holds the D.A. than a non club member. But in the end good is good and a great player will find a spot no matter where they come from. Go to Cincy United and surf around how they are doing to Girls D.A. and I bet most will follow the model. WFF will have seperate 14 and 15 year old girls D.A. this has been verified.

Comment

From what I have read and heard the D.A. selection will be by invite only. Players will recieve emails etc. Rumor is some TBU girls have already recieved WFF D.A. email tryout invites. I do not know if that is true or not. Also the tryout will be large games with eyes on the games of the invited players. They dont need to see you do a scissor move they want to see how you play in the actual games. So the way I understand it is 40 or so girls (guess) invited, play two full sided 11v11 games, so 44 to 50 giris. pick out 24 or so each age. And yes politics will still come into play. I would wager a U13 premier girl has a better chance of securing her spot if she played at the club that holds the D.A. than a non club member. But in the end good is good and a great player will find a spot no matter where they come from. Go to Cincy United and surf around how they are doing to Girls D.A. and I bet most will follow the model. WFF will have seperate 14 and 15 year old girls D.A. this has been verified.
                              Some WFF girls have already been told they will be on the DA team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X