X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    On the topic of 'Facts':

What you assert is true prior to switching leagues from USYS/OYSA to US Clubs/OPl to ECNL: THUSC, LOSC & FCPDX had more girls going to college than almost all of the other local clubs combined. College Coaches a few years ago had the ability to evaluate 3 separate club teams competing. But, after they moved leagues (US CLub ECNL) and made ostensibly 2 clubs from 3 parent clubs the numbers of girls going to college to play soccer saw a significant drop from Oregon.

Which is understandable as their pool of girls playing across 3 club teams at an age group (USYS/OPL) went from 30+ full time starters to roughly just 20+ in it's current configuration.

Not to mention the slim pickings from these 2 clubs that performed with little to no relevance in their latest choice of league/showcase competition.

They shot themselves in the foot, so to speak.
    You proved my point. I have been saying the colleges prefer to watch ECNL because they know they can find talent. Instead of watching a bunch of Oregon teams they need only watch their ECNL teams and the ECNL composite teams. In addition, to the many Oregon ECNL girls that will sign their NLI on Wednesday there are also some girls from the ECNL composite teams going on to play college soccer

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
      FC Portland 2001 ECNL finished fourth a year ago in the OYSA Premier division. That puts it in perspective.
      The same FC Portland 2001 ECNL team that won both of there matches last week against the top ECNL teams in Colorado?
      The birth year switch has shaken up teams.

Comment

You proved my point. I have been saying the colleges prefer to watch ECNL because they know they can find talent. Instead of watching a bunch of Oregon teams they need only watch their ECNL teams and the ECNL composite teams. In addition, to the many Oregon ECNL girls that will sign their NLI on Wednesday there are also some girls from the ECNL composite teams going on to play college soccer
        I will bet you your name on here that this is full on lies. You must not know one good college coach. The college coaches at your club wouldn't even back this garbage up. My kid currently plays D1 soccer and her coach told us along with a current ECNL coach that ECNL in Oregon is near highway robbery. There is no more college players from this area then their were prior and certainly not only from ECNL clubs. Just because you've been stuffed full of propaganda doesn't make it so. Sorry. You sound like an idiot that is hoping his 10k a year will work out like some random kid from somewhere else.

Comment

STATE OF OREGON

OREGON has NEVER produced consistent teams that compete outside of OREGON.

THIS IS A FACT and even your club coach wouldn't dispute this. (ECNL oregon coaches pretty much will tell you anything to get your money but anyone that won't lie to you will say this)

If you were to look at the history you'd find that even trying to compete against Washington teams, they would always get the butts handed to them. It wasn't even close.

When Northwest champions league was really good, they would put oregon teams against washington teams and oregon teams wouldn't even register a win or sometimes goals at all.

Every now and then you'd have a team that would compete but it was random based on the different clubs. FC portland never really had top teams at all so its a joke to think that they will now. But thusc would have one, eastside another year, and westside etc etc.

Now those two clubs signed on for their families to pay 10lk a year and flying to play teams that aren't very good or a few good teams (you can always find good teams to play) but they are forced to go when many of these teams can't even compete well in state.

Their parents will tell you that they are the best by default or because some great team from California beat them 9-0 that means they are just as good. They will tell you that some team from California had a lot of college recruits(same clubs regardless of the league and even their B teams will have more college recruits then Portland clubs) so that means they are going to get it to.

That reality is that those college recruits currently weren't developed by this joke of a league and many underachieved because of the terrible structure.

- They have to overload rosters to manage costs. You sign on and 1/4th of your team can't even play because they load the rosters to high. NO DEVELOPMENT.

- Terrible coaches think they need to win their mediocre conference which AS YOU READ ALREADY never have the teams to do it but they still are idiots and don't know what they are doing. So the kids that do travel many don't play. Imagine flying 5 hours to play a terrible team and come to find out your team can't do well and your coach thinks winning the game is more important than playing your kid.

- You pay 10k a year and come to find that most of the recruits as they have ALWAYS been from this area are going to local schools with coaches that recruit from everywhere and tell you that you didn't even need to do this in the first place (FACT)

- Your coach can't develop so they are stuck not being able to compete. SO they in turn try to sell this propaganda and send their parents who are ALREADY upset and anxious to either insult their way to the top or try to sell so they get "good" players in.

- They have rosters of 24 but for some reason their coaches bring in guest players to win games and tell their parents to recruit...WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? Because many find out its BS and leave and coaches want to be able to not have to deal with people asking logical questions.

You can dispute this with your limited understanding of soccer in Oregon but you should know the truth. I would be very critical of the scam that is going around and how much your kids are not getting the development and attention they need because they want to use smoke and mirrors to get you signed up.
          There are more facts here then entire threads of Oregon ECNL used car logic. Its like selling a broke BMW for the price of a brand new one while telling gullible people that its as good as the brand new ones from everywhere else.

Comment

The same FC Portland 2001 ECNL team that won both of there matches last week against the top ECNL teams in Colorado?
            HAHAHAH top teams?? Like the ELITE TOp teams here in Oregon????????

Since when did taking sub par 3rd and 4th place teams from Oregon make them elite...If you consider that they beat those colorado teams, its safe to say that the teams that thrashed the Oregon ecnl teams last year in Oregon that got better players would do a number on the colorado teams this year,

Comment

Super Elite League.... That's the new name of the league that the DA will be in. If you use the Oregon ECNL idiot logic, that means that any team in that league regardless if they are mediocre are now Super and elite regardless of facts.

Lets not let facts get in the way of an Oregon ECNL teams that has a -13 goal differential against teams that aren't even the best in their state....go FIGURE. Just call them elite and consider that they are JUST as good as the BEST team in their league.

Comment

Super Elite League.... That's the new name of the league that the DA will be in. If you use the Oregon ECNL idiot logic, that means that any team in that league regardless if they are mediocre are now Super and elite regardless of facts.

Lets not let facts get in the way of an Oregon ECNL teams that has a -13 goal differential against teams that aren't even the best in their state....go FIGURE. Just call them elite and consider that they are JUST as good as the BEST team in their league.
                This is funny. pretty sad how true it is to some extent. We knew a family that went to go play in this super "elite" league but come to find out their kid played less, traveled more, parent got even more crazy, achieved less then my kid......

The entire time they were spewing these "facts" that really if you actually joined, they didn't apply to them really at all. Its like Montana saying they are playing ODP in Region IV with Cal South. Cal South is amazing and Montana was a door mat........Yet I bet just like Oregon ECNL parents, Montana ODP parents are saying they are elite........

Comment

I will bet you your name on here that this is full on lies. You must not know one good college coach. The college coaches at your club wouldn't even back this garbage up. My kid currently plays D1 soccer and her coach told us along with a current ECNL coach that ECNL in Oregon is near highway robbery. There is no more college players from this area then their were prior and certainly not only from ECNL clubs. Just because you've been stuffed full of propaganda doesn't make it so. Sorry. You sound like an idiot that is hoping his 10k a year will work out like some random kid from somewhere else.
                  The beauty is that I have a choice and was well aware of what I was getting into. It has worked out fine
                  https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

Comment

Post your name and your so-called "proof". Can't do that, can you, as we all know that 80%+ of the players in the Power 5 conferences come directly from ECNL clubs. In Oregon the percentage of girls going on to play college soccer is about 90% ECNL / 10% other. Just the facts.

Comment

HAHAHAH top teams?? Like the ELITE TOp teams here in Oregon????????

Since when did taking sub par 3rd and 4th place teams from Oregon make them elite...If you consider that they beat those colorado teams, its safe to say that the teams that thrashed the Oregon ecnl teams last year in Oregon that got better players would do a number on the colorado teams this year,
                      Keep dreaming. That G01 FC team hasn't lost a game to any other Oregon team in 2 years. If they played in OYSA like the Thorns do, they would be 10-0 with a +100 GD. Just the facts.

Comment

This is funny. pretty sad how true it is to some extent. We knew a family that went to go play in this super "elite" league but come to find out their kid played less, traveled more, parent got even more crazy, achieved less then my kid......

The entire time they were spewing these "facts" that really if you actually joined, they didn't apply to them really at all. Its like Montana saying they are playing ODP in Region IV with Cal South. Cal South is amazing and Montana was a door mat........Yet I bet just like Oregon ECNL parents, Montana ODP parents are saying they are elite........
                        You mean like the Oregon ODP teams, made up entirely of Timbers Alliance "stars" were a doormat at the most recent ODP tournament?

Comment

Ecnl Oregon coach told me the other day that if they can't get the talent to their teams they will continue to look foolish flying 5 hours to play a team when they can't even beat local teams....

Just saying....it really makes sense why Ecnl Oregon parents are anxious about how bad their kid is but also struggling to get people to trust them that they are in a good situation....
                          Oregon ECNL league teams have really struggled to recruit. And development at younger ages is not their thing.

Comment

Oregon ECNL league teams have really struggled to recruit. And development at younger ages is not their thing.
                            The irony to your statement is that it is the Oregon ECNL girls who are getting recruited

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

Comment

Cost could be a factor. Travel is expensive.

Comment

Keep dreaming. That G01 FC team hasn't lost a game to any other Oregon team in 2 years. If they played in OYSA like the Thorns do, they would be 10-0 with a +100 GD. Just the facts.
                                Look at your calendar FC mom. They have lost to Oregon teams in past two years. Year and half ago FC ECNL 2001 finished third or fourth in OYSA premier as I recall. They might be better now but those are the facts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X