X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He got picked for 04'.

My other son is an 03' and hes a good player but it will be really tough to break into that group. It's probably one of their strongest.
    From what little I know, 03 is near impossible. 04 is a year w/ opportunities. 05 has some limited opportunities, but it is also a strong year. 06 is probably best chance to get in.

Comment

From what little I know, 03 is near impossible. 04 is a year w/ opportunities. 05 has some limited opportunities, but it is also a strong year. 06 is probably best chance to get in.
      Weston 03 is a good group of kids. very talented! the problem is the club forgets to develop them so by the time they are u16 they will be behind the curve again. pass, pass long ball will not work forever.

Comment

Weston 03 is a good group of kids. very talented! the problem is the club forgets to develop them so by the time they are u16 they will be behind the curve again. pass, pass long ball will not work forever.
        this is nonsense. coaches for both academy and black at this age are anything but "longball." you are speaking from complete ignorance.

I am not saying there are not "longball" type coaches at weston, but for this age group, neither the academy nor black coach plays this style.

Comment

Not long ball. High pressure. If that doesn't work they attack outside wings and look for crosses. Very basic style. They are deep with good players so it is confused for possession style that they would like to play.

Comment

Weston has a soild teams please they will add at younger ages 05-06 that's it !

Comment

Stop talking out of your @$$ ,03s are very Technical, no long balling, 04s will play 11v11 next season so spots will be available, 05s are also a very strong Technical team, if they move some players up to 04s , more spots will be open, specially a Goalie , 06s are weak.

Comment

Stop talking out of your @$$ ,03s are very Technical, no long balling, 04s will play 11v11 next season so spots will be available, 05s are also a very strong Technical team, if they move some players up to 04s , more spots will be open, specially a Goalie , 06s are weak.
                All I am saying is lets look at the standings for the o3s/04s at the end of 2018-2019 season.

Comment

05s will also play 11v11 in academy next year.

Comment

People look at the standings please stop Weston is a real club they are fine without all this babble ! Sure they could add some players in age groups ! But they do not send the ball long thats BS sure if they do its because they see a 1 v 1 up top smart if you ask me.04-05 are strong records who give a hoot go play them then tell me how weak they are .... they will add in this group because they need to be 11v11 and the team will split 05 with 05 and 04 with 05 academy ... The 06s need help they will add and 07 will or make trickle in to that group.
                    See ya!

Comment

So how desperate is Weston. On there site it says they are having an ID camp for the academy... Really my guess its to drum up money. Went to tryouts a year ago and play a whole month and at the last cut they say no. OK with that but sad they don't remember any of the kids that go through tryouts and keep an eye to see if they grow or become better. So to me this sounds fishy. So what they will take the Boca kids that are running from that program. This won't help Weston
                      Another ID camp in March. Thinking about taking my kid just to check it out....

Comment

Not long ball. High pressure. If that doesn't work they attack outside wings and look for crosses. Very basic style. They are deep with good players so it is confused for possession style that they would like to play.
                        I agree I hate this style. But you are wrong in saying it is how Weston academy plays. There are some coaches in the non-academy competitive system that play this way. Several immediately come to mind. It's a big club. but from what I have seen the academy teams 03-05 do not at all play this way.

Comment

How this works no matter the age group they are always looking for better players. No one is ever safe. No loyalty unless to the national team players. If your son is better than they have out there they will take him. If you do not get a call back he is not good enough period. To play there is a hostile environment. Kids compete on a daily basis to see the field let alone start or make a roster. The rosters in the academy are all well over 18. Take with this what you want. Its the truth. Some people are okay with it some people not.

Comment

How this works no matter the age group they are always looking for better players. No one is ever safe. No loyalty unless to the national team players. If your son is better than they have out there they will take him. If you do not get a call back he is not good enough period. To play there is a hostile environment. Kids compete on a daily basis to see the field let alone start or make a roster. The rosters in the academy are all well over 18. Take with this what you want. Its the truth. Some people are okay with it some people not.
                            True, but "better" needs to be "much better" because you run the risk of losing an established player with many good qualities, otherwise they would not be in an academy roster. there is not as much turn over as your statement would imply.

Comment

True, but "better" needs to be "much better" because you run the risk of losing an established player with many good qualities, otherwise they would not be in an academy roster. there is not as much turn over as your statement would imply.
                              Not talking about turnover, they just add another player to the roster. Check out the academy rosters all of them have well over 18. They will never turn away a good player. They might just move in and take someone's spot just like that. Its a very big bench!

Comment

Isn't this the way it should be???

Sadly, I don't think every kid is treated the same. There are kids in some of those teams who are there because of who their parents are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X