• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the article for the whole story

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Oregonlive story from last fall details the corruption at the school -

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...l_inquiry.html

2. Supporters of their athletic programs delude themselves and fantasize that their program is a superior one. It is in it's own class of athlete. But certainly not against PAC-12 or WCC programs. Or even the PSU's of the world.

The whole "university" is disgusting to me.
    Thank you for sharing the article. I just finished reading the entire article & from what I read the online program setup was the issue not the campus classes/programs.

The school clearly jumped into working with an outside company to grow their school without taking the time to do their research about proper handling. It was also very clear that they accepted responsibility & have made changes to make sure they are within acceptable practices. The investigation appears to be complete & issues fixed.

Concordia made a very embarrassing mistake thru the expansion but it should not take away from the amazing things they do for the community & for the solid education for their campus students. It's so easy to do the run with judgement our society is so into these days.

I urge you to do your research & not just believe anothers take on stuff. The article is well written & if read in entirety is clear on resolution on the part of the college.

As for the soccer, they are in one of the best D2 divisions in the country & compete very well with the top 2 teams in the league (both national champions). It is a growing program & we can expect to see great things as they continue on the transition journey).

Comment

Thank you for sharing the article. I just finished reading the entire article & from what I read the online program setup was the issue not the campus classes/programs.

The school clearly jumped into working with an outside company to grow their school without taking the time to do their research about proper handling. It was also very clear that they accepted responsibility & have made changes to make sure they are within acceptable practices. The investigation appears to be complete & issues fixed.

Concordia made a very embarrassing mistake thru the expansion but it should not take away from the amazing things they do for the community & for the solid education for their campus students. It's so easy to do the run with judgement our society is so into these days.

I urge you to do your research & not just believe anothers take on stuff. The article is well written & if read in entirety is clear on resolution on the part of the college.

As for the soccer, they are in one of the best D2 divisions in the country & compete very well with the top 2 teams in the league (both national champions). It is a growing program & we can expect to see great things as they continue on the transition journey).
      Well said, thank you.

Comment

1. Oregonlive story from last fall details the corruption at the school -

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...l_inquiry.html

2. Supporters of their athletic programs delude themselves and fantasize that their program is a superior one. It is in it's own class of athlete. But certainly not against PAC-12 or WCC programs. Or even the PSU's of the world.

The whole "university" is disgusting to me.
        At the point you started touting PSU is when you lost complete credibility. Just send your kid to Lewis and Clark, or PSU (given it is about the same in terms of soccer programs) and be done with it.

Comment

At the point you started touting PSU is when you lost complete credibility. Just send your kid to Lewis and Clark, or PSU (given it is about the same in terms of soccer programs) and be done with it.
          Better yet, don't have your kid worry about playing soccer in college and focus on getting into a better college that's the right fit.

Comment

Concordia is not relevant yet as a D2 School for Girls Soccer.

There are 270 or so DII women's soccer teams across the country
            (interestingly there are about 340 d1 women's soccer teams)

Concordia hasn't Cracked the top 8 in the west this year and the rankings consist of 8 regions of the top 8 teams from each, so they are not in the top 64 of the US d2 schools yet.

WEST
            1 Western Wash. 17-0-1 16-0-1
            2 UC San Diego 16-2-0 16-2-0
            3 Sonoma St. 12-2-2 12-2-2
            4 Central Wash. 12-4-1 12-4-1
            5 Seattle Pacific 10-3-4 10-3-4
            6 Cal St. San B'dino 8-6-2 8-5-2
            7 Cal Poly Pomona 7-6-3 7-6-2
            8 Azusa Pacific 11-3-3 11-3-3

As for NAIA status or quality in the past, you need to realize there are over 600 or so colleges playing at a higher level (d2 & d1) than the naia across the country in women's soccer.

Most NAIA and D3 Teams are composed of girls that played HS Soccer and some even played a little club soccer.
            Most standouts at NAIA are foreigners who are eligible to play at NAIA but not eligible to play NCAA d1 or d2.

With so many d1 and d2 schools offering some small athletic scholarship to the all state, all league, odp, year round club players the NAIA and D3 teams opt instead to actively encourage girls to come join there program regardless if they played just in HS and no club soccer.

2016 NAIA Women’s Soccer All-America Team

First Team:

Camilla Andersen Northwestern Ohio Horsens, Denmark Forward Sophomore
            Aubrey Schierbeek Spring Arbor (Mich.) Hudsonville, Mich. Forward Junior
            Tyler-Rae Molloy Mobile (Ala.) St. Albert, Alberta, Canada Forward Senior
            Klara Cahynova Northwestern Ohio Zlin, Czech Republic Midfielder Junior
            Bethany Balcer Spring Arbor (Mich.) Hudsonville, Mich. Midfielder Sophomore
            Brooke Lillywhite Westmont (Calif.) Huntington Beach, Calif. Midfielder Senior
            Rosie McShane Benedictine (Kan.) Phoenix, Ariz. Midfielder Senior
            Sarah Klunder Spring Arbor (Mich.) Grandville, Mich. Back Junior
            Hannah Baines Northwestern Ohio Derby, England Back Senior
            Liz Intfen Benedictine (Kan.) Olathe, Kan. Back Senior
            Abby Schue Grace (Ind.) Warsaw, Ind. Goalkeeper Junior
            Second Team:

Johanna Engberg Keiser (Fla.) Stockholm, Sweden Forward Senior
            Millene Cabral Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Porto Alegre, Brazil Forward Sophomore
            Yvonne Ploeg Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Grootegast, Netherlands Forward Sophomore
            Ebba Blomqvist Keiser (Fla.) Skovde, Sweden Midfielder Sophomore
            Annika Koemm Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Oberickelsheim, Germany Midfielder Freshman
            Robyn Moodaly Northwestern Ohio East London, South Africa Midfielder Junior
            Rachel DeLancey Spring Arbor (Mich.) Glenshaw, Pa. Back Senior
            Madyson Brown Biola (Calif.) Salem, Ore. Back Sophomore
            Linzi Taylor Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Glasgow, Scotland Back Senior
            Shelby Austin Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Ramsey, Ind. Back Junior
            Amanda Howard Campbellsville (Ky.) Harrodsburg, Ky. Goalkeeper Junior

Third Team:

Name School Hometown Position Year
            Corrie Good Spring Arbor (Mich.) Caledonia, Mich. Forward Senior
            April Stewart William Carey (Miss.) Pascagoula, Miss. Forward Sophomore
            Evdokia Popadinova Northwestern Ohio Hadzhidimovo, Bulgaria Forward Freshman
            Lyana Perez Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Lima, Peru Midfielder Senior
            Krista Hooper Baker (Kan.) Edmonton, Canada Midfielder Senior
            Cayla Hebert Mobile (Ala.) Lafayette, La. Midfielder Junior
            Riko Sagara Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Tokyo, Japan Midfielder Freshman
            Julia Appelberg William Carey (Miss.) Likoping, Sweden Back Senior
            Leah Corse Mobile (Ala.) Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Back Senior
            Jessica Hillebert Baker (Kan.) Topeka, Kan. Back Senior
            Kaylin Swart Menlo (Calif.) Port Elizabeth, South Africa Goalkeeper Junior

Comment

You are just responding to someone who has a kid that Concordia has no interest in. Therefore Dad comes on here with a grudge and posts negative things about them.

Comment

Ouch, just ouch!

No smoke or mirrors in this one, just facts.......cold hard facts. So many couverites wanna "convince" how great they are. They've acted this way during their DC entire football career at teh expense of other Kids, parents, or team unity. Then, there final answer is, " I'm sending my kid to CU for soccer." Really, that's the way you finish....really?

Maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have been so smug years earlier, or unfriendly, and destroyed entire age groups just to satisfy your narcissism. I guess the final act is.....you reap what you sow. I would suggest you stop chatting up cocktail parties saying CU is on the cusp of a national championship. It's really just embarrassing.

Concordia is not relevant yet as a D2 School for Girls Soccer.

There are 270 or so DII women's soccer teams across the country
                (interestingly there are about 340 d1 women's soccer teams)

Concordia hasn't Cracked the top 8 in the west this year and the rankings consist of 8 regions of the top 8 teams from each, so they are not in the top 64 of the US d2 schools yet.

WEST
                1 Western Wash. 17-0-1 16-0-1
                2 UC San Diego 16-2-0 16-2-0
                3 Sonoma St. 12-2-2 12-2-2
                4 Central Wash. 12-4-1 12-4-1
                5 Seattle Pacific 10-3-4 10-3-4
                6 Cal St. San B'dino 8-6-2 8-5-2
                7 Cal Poly Pomona 7-6-3 7-6-2
                8 Azusa Pacific 11-3-3 11-3-3

As for NAIA status or quality in the past, you need to realize there are over 600 or so colleges playing at a higher level (d2 & d1) than the naia across the country in women's soccer.

Most NAIA and D3 Teams are composed of girls that played HS Soccer and some even played a little club soccer.
                Most standouts at NAIA are foreigners who are eligible to play at NAIA but not eligible to play NCAA d1 or d2.

With so many d1 and d2 schools offering some small athletic scholarship to the all state, all league, odp, year round club players the NAIA and D3 teams opt instead to actively encourage girls to come join there program regardless if they played just in HS and no club soccer.

2016 NAIA Women’s Soccer All-America Team

First Team:

Camilla Andersen Northwestern Ohio Horsens, Denmark Forward Sophomore
                Aubrey Schierbeek Spring Arbor (Mich.) Hudsonville, Mich. Forward Junior
                Tyler-Rae Molloy Mobile (Ala.) St. Albert, Alberta, Canada Forward Senior
                Klara Cahynova Northwestern Ohio Zlin, Czech Republic Midfielder Junior
                Bethany Balcer Spring Arbor (Mich.) Hudsonville, Mich. Midfielder Sophomore
                Brooke Lillywhite Westmont (Calif.) Huntington Beach, Calif. Midfielder Senior
                Rosie McShane Benedictine (Kan.) Phoenix, Ariz. Midfielder Senior
                Sarah Klunder Spring Arbor (Mich.) Grandville, Mich. Back Junior
                Hannah Baines Northwestern Ohio Derby, England Back Senior
                Liz Intfen Benedictine (Kan.) Olathe, Kan. Back Senior
                Abby Schue Grace (Ind.) Warsaw, Ind. Goalkeeper Junior
                Second Team:

Johanna Engberg Keiser (Fla.) Stockholm, Sweden Forward Senior
                Millene Cabral Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Porto Alegre, Brazil Forward Sophomore
                Yvonne Ploeg Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Grootegast, Netherlands Forward Sophomore
                Ebba Blomqvist Keiser (Fla.) Skovde, Sweden Midfielder Sophomore
                Annika Koemm Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Oberickelsheim, Germany Midfielder Freshman
                Robyn Moodaly Northwestern Ohio East London, South Africa Midfielder Junior
                Rachel DeLancey Spring Arbor (Mich.) Glenshaw, Pa. Back Senior
                Madyson Brown Biola (Calif.) Salem, Ore. Back Sophomore
                Linzi Taylor Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Glasgow, Scotland Back Senior
                Shelby Austin Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Ramsey, Ind. Back Junior
                Amanda Howard Campbellsville (Ky.) Harrodsburg, Ky. Goalkeeper Junior

Third Team:

Name School Hometown Position Year
                Corrie Good Spring Arbor (Mich.) Caledonia, Mich. Forward Senior
                April Stewart William Carey (Miss.) Pascagoula, Miss. Forward Sophomore
                Evdokia Popadinova Northwestern Ohio Hadzhidimovo, Bulgaria Forward Freshman
                Lyana Perez Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Lima, Peru Midfielder Senior
                Krista Hooper Baker (Kan.) Edmonton, Canada Midfielder Senior
                Cayla Hebert Mobile (Ala.) Lafayette, La. Midfielder Junior
                Riko Sagara Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Tokyo, Japan Midfielder Freshman
                Julia Appelberg William Carey (Miss.) Likoping, Sweden Back Senior
                Leah Corse Mobile (Ala.) Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Back Senior
                Jessica Hillebert Baker (Kan.) Topeka, Kan. Back Senior
                Kaylin Swart Menlo (Calif.) Port Elizabeth, South Africa Goalkeeper Junior

Comment

This is simply one of the strangest threads I have ever come across on this site. 3 pages on Concordia and other nonsense? Just weird. Man its been a slow few days of soccer news apparently. whoa

Comment

No smoke or mirrors in this one, just facts.......cold hard facts. So many couverites wanna "convince" how great they are. They've acted this way during their DC entire football career at teh expense of other Kids, parents, or team unity. Then, there final answer is, " I'm sending my kid to CU for soccer." Really, that's the way you finish....really?

Maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have been so smug years earlier, or unfriendly, and destroyed entire age groups just to satisfy your narcissism. I guess the final act is.....you reap what you sow. I would suggest you stop chatting up cocktail parties saying CU is on the cusp of a national championship. It's really just embarrassing.
                    I think what you wrote is even more embarrassing. Did your feelings being hurt by a "couverite" really necessitate this whole thread? Super petty. But par the course of the overly engaged soccer parent.

Comment

This is simply one of the strangest threads I have ever come across on this site. 3 pages on Concordia and other nonsense? Just weird. Man its been a slow few days of soccer news apparently. whoa
                      Trolling has become more sophisticated Daniel-son.

Comment

Wth are "couverites"?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X