Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U17 Girls

Any early indications how this group stacks up with the age group change? Between thanksgiving GPS , CASL and now Ecnl Florida and Disney(later this week) there should be a decent sampling of where the teams fall.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any early indications how this group stacks up with the age group change? Between thanksgiving GPS , CASL and now Ecnl Florida and Disney(later this week) there should be a decent sampling of where the teams fall.
    At this age most folks are done flexing and the ECNL teams trump everyone. The Breakers and Stars are loaded. The NPL teams can't compete with either so the discussion starts and ends with these two teams. I'm not associated with either but this is common knowledge if you know the age group.

Comment

At this age most folks are done flexing and the ECNL teams trump everyone. The Breakers and Stars are loaded. The NPL teams can't compete with either so the discussion starts and ends with these two teams. I'm not associated with either but this is common knowledge if you know the age group.
      Perhaps the OP is trying to suss out the impact of the age change on this group. Preliminary results appear to be, not much. But that may change.

Comment

Showcases are hard because they are (supposed to be) just that: showcasing all players in front of college coaches. Stars may be loaded (I agree) but they seem to be struggling as an entire team right now. Beat NEFC's second team on a last-minute goal, tied SSS and lost to GPS at GPS Tourney. Now a 4-2 loss to Jacksonville FC in Florida.

Breakers also loaded when it comes to their starting 11, but you have to admit they haven't really been challenged this year, and I'm sure that hides a lot of flaws.

Will be a much more interesting conversation in the spring when the teams have been playing together a little more.

Comment

Perhaps the OP is trying to suss out the impact of the age change on this group. Preliminary results appear to be, not much. But that may change.
          From a physical standpoint you aren't going to see much difference because girls are pretty much done with puberty at this point - it would be different if it were middle school years where they grow at very different rates. The more substantial piece is purely from a talent movement standpoint. Some teams got lucky, others maybe not so much. It's definitely too early to tell in that regard as there's been so few practices let alone games.

Comment

Showcases are hard because they are (supposed to be) just that: showcasing all players in front of college coaches. Stars may be loaded (I agree) but they seem to be struggling as an entire team right now. Beat NEFC's second team on a last-minute goal, tied SSS and lost to GPS at GPS Tourney. Now a 4-2 loss to Jacksonville FC in Florida.

Breakers also loaded when it comes to their starting 11, but you have to admit they haven't really been challenged this year, and I'm sure that hides a lot of flaws.

Will be a much more interesting conversation in the spring when the teams have been playing together a little more.
            I bet JD was in rare form after giving up 4 goals. I can't remember the last time that has happened to that team.

Comment

I bet JD was in rare form after giving up 4 goals. I can't remember the last time that has happened to that team.
              They play like complete strangers, which they are at this point. The birth year thing hit this team harder than some teams, because the core group had been playing together for many years. JD will have to fix this quickly, or there will be lots of these kinds of results for awhile.

Comment

Thus far, this team has done nothing. With multiple national team players and d1 commits, this team looks to be all hype. No better than any of the npl teams they have played thus far. My question is was this always the case and was that why they have been dodging local teams for years?

Comment

Thus far, this team has done nothing. With multiple national team players and d1 commits, this team looks to be all hype. No better than any of the npl teams they have played thus far. My question is was this always the case and was that why they have been dodging local teams for years?
                  No, they lost their 2 best goal scorers and their starting center back, in addition to most of their mid field depth.

Comment

Yes those NT and D1 coaches have no idea what they're doing. Must be a real cra*p team

Comment

Yes those NT and D1 coaches have no idea what they're doing. Must be a real cra*p team
                      I'm sure they weren't happy what they saw yesterday.

Comment

No, they lost their 2 best goal scorers and their starting center back, in addition to most of their mid field depth.
                        Lost them to where? Did they drop down to avoid travel?

Comment

There was an age change mate. 98's and 99's are combined. The "U17" team is now 00's.

That said, all clubs are dealing with this. And in looking at results thus far, some formerly horrible teams now appear to be good, and formerly strong teams mediocre. All bets are off in predicting results with the combination of age groups.

Comment

Roster looks very similar to me. Add the twins from Scorps and still have all your national team invitees and high profile D1 commits. It must be the coaching because there's way too much talent to perform that poorly.

Comment

Roster looks very similar to me. Add the twins from Scorps and still have all your national team invitees and high profile D1 commits. It must be the coaching because there's way too much talent to perform that poorly.
                              Give it a break people JD is a very good coach and the team will be fine. Move on!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X