Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Strickler - How Does He Keep his Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Poster is right. ODP has become an absolute joke. Kids are picked on coach/friend relationship with staff. Its all who you know. The talent is abysmal. Saw a goalie this year who could barely kick the ball past the box...
    My kid and his friend has made the ODP State team for the last two years. Neither myself or my kids friends parents know anyone in FYSA (ODP). Relationships with the coaches/staff are non existent. The kids go, train/play and that is it. I totally disagree with the above post.

Comment

My kid and his friend has made the ODP State team for the last two years. Neither myself or my kids friends parents know anyone in FYSA (ODP). Relationships with the coaches/staff are non existent. The kids go, train/play and that is it. I totally disagree with the above post.
      I do not know anyone and my daughter has worked hard to be on the odp state team. What I recommend is to have your kid train hard at your clubs practices and hire a private trainer to help your kid work on the weaknesses.

Comment

I do not know anyone and my daughter has worked hard to be on the odp state team. What I recommend is to have your kid train hard at your clubs practices and hire a private trainer to help your kid work on the weaknesses.
        I have hired an ODP coach from a neighboring club to do private training for my son the last 2 years and my son has made ODP the last 2 years.

Comment

Still haven't seen a Bio for Mike Strickler. He is the most underqualified state coach in the country and is an embarrassment for Florida. Have you ever listened to that guy? When he speaks at coaches meetings every coach and DOC turn and look at each other and almost literally crack up. The guy is an embicile who can't even speak. FYSA needs to wake up and realize that our state will always be second fiddle with a guy like Strickler running things at the ODP and state competition level,

Comment

Still haven't seen a Bio for Mike Strickler. He is the most underqualified state coach in the country and is an embarrassment for Florida. Have you ever listened to that guy? When he speaks at coaches meetings every coach and DOC turn and look at each other and almost literally crack up. The guy is an embicile who can't even speak. FYSA needs to wake up and realize that our state will always be second fiddle with a guy like Strickler running things at the ODP and state competition level,
            They must do something right the last 5 years they have had over 20 kids per year selected for regional pool at each age group to represent Florida... But your right you would of done much better.

Comment

They must do something right the last 5 years they have had over 20 kids per year selected for regional pool at each age group to represent Florida... But your right you would of done much better.
              Blind squirrels find nuts sometimes.

Comment

Good point and he is at every ODP event. Look at his job responsibilities and you will see much more than ODP.

Comment

Blind squirrels find nuts sometimes.
                  They represent 1/3 of all kids selected to regional pool. out of 13 states. Sorry little Landon did not make it.

Comment

Where exactly is your resume? Your beef is probably that your precious kid didn't make it at ODP. To come on here and trash a guy for no reason is absolutely disgusting!

Comment

Well, I've got to say that the worst thing I've seen on this thread is the grammar. How did you all graduate from elementary school? Your is not the same as You're... The spelling stinks even when you have auto correct! Your posts show a level of incompetence and a lack of overall knowledge that means your content is absolutely suspect. Get it? Pretty sure your effort at work or school is also half-baked. Good luck.

Comment

Well, I've got to say that the worst thing I've seen on this thread is the grammar. How did you all graduate from elementary school? Your is not the same as You're... The spelling stinks even when you have auto correct! Your posts show a level of incompetence and a lack of overall knowledge that means your content is absolutely suspect. Get it? Pretty sure your effort at work or school is also half-baked. Good luck.
                        Says the grammar nazi who posts in sentence fragments . . .

Comment

Our daughter never made it to Alabama, but was in the State Pool every year. She has been playing D1 for 2 years now on scholarship and has been a starter since mid season Freshman year. Mike Strickler still doesn't know who she is and you know what? We never lost any sleep over that. FYSA, Florida ODP and Mike make major $$$ and they keep their focus on the $$$ as the prize. Florida is a talent rich state that make guys like Mike look good in spite of whatever coaching shortcomings they have. Use ODP for your kid to make friends and play with high level players, but don't think it will make or break your player's career. Should FYSA clean house and get some fresh thinking and energy into it's ODP program? 100% yes! Now, for the real issue: what qualified young person would be interested in living in Auburndale to do it?

Comment

Our daughter never made it to Alabama, but was in the State Pool every year. She has been playing D1 for 2 years now on scholarship and has been a starter since mid season Freshman year. Mike Strickler still doesn't know who she is and you know what? We never lost any sleep over that. FYSA, Florida ODP and Mike make major $$$ and they keep their focus on the $$$ as the prize. Florida is a talent rich state that make guys like Mike look good in spite of whatever coaching shortcomings they have. Use ODP for your kid to make friends and play with high level players, but don't think it will make or break your player's career. Should FYSA clean house and get some fresh thinking and energy into it's ODP program? 100% yes! Now, for the real issue: what qualified young person would be interested in living in Auburndale to do it?
                            How do you know that he doesn't know who she is? I love when people come on here and make presumptuous conclusions. What proof do you have? And trust me, ODP is not the money making machine you claim it is.

Comment

How do you know that he doesn't know who she is? I love when people come on here and make presumptuous conclusions. What proof do you have? And trust me, ODP is not the money making machine you claim it is.
                              Right. I think it is the other FYSA programs supporting ODP and the ODP players paying for their experience. It is not a money maker. There are a lot of talented players in Florida and not all can be identified for the limited numbers ODP can take for the state pool or to region camp Alabama or beyond. Stickler has much more on his plate than ODP to keep up with.

Comment

Strickler is a stickler. He has to respond to every filed complaint about the players, parents and coaches in the state. There are nut cases in Florida.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X