Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Strickler - How Does He Keep his Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone explain to me how Strickler keeps his job all these years. Our ODP is a travesty. He can't evaluate a player if his life depended on it. Our state is an absolute mess. He has no respect from any DOC's. He speaks like a ten year old. Please tell me how FYSA is intimated by this guy to keep him when it's obvious to everyone that he is terrible?

I beg to differ. - signed Mike Strickler [/QUOTE]

That is the question of the year and if you come up with the answer - Trump has a cabinet position open for you because nobody that I've spoken to can come up with a legitimate reason - he and the rest of the "board" are useless. Dale Burke is another name to throw into this question

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Someone explain to me how Strickler keeps his job all these years. Our ODP is a travesty. He can't evaluate a player if his life depended on it. Our state is an absolute mess. He has no respect from any DOC's. He speaks like a ten year old. Please tell me how FYSA is intimated by this guy to keep him when it's obvious to everyone that he is terrible?
      Totally agree. Strickler is a complete joke. He speaks like he never made it past 5th grade and he runs our state? He literally sounds like a carni. Our ODP is an embarrssment. FYSA has never been worse than it is right now. It really is a bunch of soccer moms who are intimated by Strickler and think he knows what he's talking about because they have no idea. Replacing him with a real coach who actually knows the game would be a huge step. Put it this way, could you imagine Mike Strickler ever getting a college coaching job in a million years? He couldn't get a high school JV coaching job, he's a moron.

Comment

Does anyone even know MS's credentials? Has he ever coached at any respectful level? I spoke to him one time and I have to agree I almost couldn't even understand him he was so goofy.

Comment

How many people would take those jobs in Auburndale for that salary? Give them more credit.

Comment

How many people would take those jobs in Auburndale for that salary? Give them more credit.
            That's a really dumb reason to have a guy be our state coach. I'm sure there are many people with better credentials who would do it. What is his salary anyway? As a FYSA member it should be open knowledge to all members what he gets paid? If it's more than a few hundred a week he is way overpaid. I have to agree he is a really dumb guy who is way over his head.

Comment

That's a really dumb reason to have a guy be our state coach. I'm sure there are many people with better credentials who would do it. What is his salary anyway? As a FYSA member it should be open knowledge to all members what he gets paid? If it's more than a few hundred a week he is way overpaid. I have to agree he is a really dumb guy who is way over his head.
              You do realize he heads more than OFP? He even handles little rec game incidences from around the state.

Comment

You do realize he heads more than OFP? He even handles little rec game incidences from around the state.
                I don't know how that guy drives from home to work every day. He is a good ball for sure. Is there actually something wrong with him? It is incredible he is our state coaching director. Who actually decides that is it the board or the clubs collectively? He really is a joke.

Comment

I don't know how that guy drives from home to work every day. He is a good ball for sure. Is there actually something wrong with him? It is incredible he is our state coaching director. Who actually decides that is it the board or the clubs collectively? He really is a joke.
                  Are you eyeing or out for the job?

Comment

Your kid is the one that is the joke. You're upset because he/she didn't have what it took to make an ODP pool. Your kid is such a lousy player that you are finding it necessary to lash out in order to compensate in some bizarre way. It's too bad that you passed your lack of athleticism on to your kid. Maybe if you weren't such a loser your kid wouldn't be a loser either.

Comment

Your kid is the one that is the joke. You're upset because he/she didn't have what it took to make an ODP pool. Your kid is such a lousy player that you are finding it necessary to lash out in order to compensate in some bizarre way. It's too bad that you passed your lack of athleticism on to your kid. Maybe if you weren't such a loser your kid wouldn't be a loser either.
                      TS burn!!!!!

Comment

don't worry if they did not make ODP you still have a chance to brag take them to tryout for Boca or Clearwater DA.

Comment

Yep a rejected parent. FYSA is a big operation with a large staff and budget. ODP players go through a long identification process by many coaches. A player moving up the ODP ladder to state and Region pools and teams requires lots of evaluations by many including college coaches on staff.
                          Your kid has to want it at the trials to make the teams. The best players only make it.

Comment

Message to young families starting out

Strickler represents everything wrong with youth soccer in general.
                            I can be clearly shown over many years that he got extremely lazy while keeping his same girls on the team whether they had progressed or not. Don't get me wrong, many of those players are among the best, but there are those that aren't.

You know the drill at the younger ages.
                            All of the biggest, fastest and strongest girls get picked.

I have been reading these ODP posts for years and I sit back and laugh at the same parents who always snap back with "oh I'm sorry that your little Mia couldn't beat out my daughter blah, blah, blah......

I also sit back and laugh seeing that my daughter was passed by and was clearly snubbed by Strickler even though she has clearly been one of the top players in South Florida over multiple years. She is now committed to one of the top programs in the country.

I have literally posted only 2 times in reference to Strickler or ODP because what is the use.

I am posting now in order to tell my daughters story so that the parents of younger kids can understand what is actually important.

1) If your daughter makes the ODP state team and within 2 years she still doesn't make the Region team then stop wasting your time and money. If however money isn't an issue and she loves it then by all means have her continue to play for the team.

2) Either way you need to get your daughter on the absolute best team with the best possible exposure. THIS IS A PRIORITY!!! Don't just have her automatically join an ECNL or GDA team just because you hear that this is the only avenue toward being recruited.

There will be good ECNL/GDA teams and there will be bad ones. There are also very good alternatives that aren't in ECNL/GDA for next year.

3) YOUR KID MUST DO A LOT OF EXTRA TRAINING END OF STORY!!!
                            four practices a week with her team simply wont cut it!

4) I am here to tell you that my daughter didn't spend one minute on the ODP team and she continues to excel.

LISTEN UP YOUNG PARENTS....

You have to be careful not to "overplay" your kids in general. We were fortunate as I look back because our family took vacations while the other kids were sweltering and playing in Alabama. If my daughter had made it she would've been there too for at least a couple of summers, so I am not saying that it is wrong to join the team.

I am saying that it simply doesn't matter in the slightest if your daughter gets GOOD GRADES, PLAYS FOR A TOP TEAM, and does a lot of EXTRA TRAINING.

Good luck to all of your kids.

Just remember that there is no substitute for hard work!

Your kid has to want it at the trials to make the teams. The best players only make it.

Comment

Strickler represents everything wrong with youth soccer in general.
                              I can be clearly shown over many years that he got extremely lazy while keeping his same girls on the team whether they had progressed or not. Don't get me wrong, many of those players are among the best, but there are those that aren't.

You know the drill at the younger ages.
                              All of the biggest, fastest and strongest girls get picked.

I have been reading these ODP posts for years and I sit back and laugh at the same parents who always snap back with "oh I'm sorry that your little Mia couldn't beat out my daughter blah, blah, blah......

I also sit back and laugh seeing that my daughter was passed by and was clearly snubbed by Strickler even though she has clearly been one of the top players in South Florida over multiple years. She is now committed to one of the top programs in the country.

I have literally posted only 2 times in reference to Strickler or ODP because what is the use.

I am posting now in order to tell my daughters story so that the parents of younger kids can understand what is actually important.

1) If your daughter makes the ODP state team and within 2 years she still doesn't make the Region team then stop wasting your time and money. If however money isn't an issue and she loves it then by all means have her continue to play for the team.

2) Either way you need to get your daughter on the absolute best team with the best possible exposure. THIS IS A PRIORITY!!! Don't just have her automatically join an ECNL or GDA team just because you hear that this is the only avenue toward being recruited.

There will be good ECNL/GDA teams and there will be bad ones. There are also very good alternatives that aren't in ECNL/GDA for next year.

3) YOUR KID MUST DO A LOT OF EXTRA TRAINING END OF STORY!!!
                              four practices a week with her team simply wont cut it!

4) I am here to tell you that my daughter didn't spend one minute on the ODP team and she continues to excel.

LISTEN UP YOUNG PARENTS....

You have to be careful not to "overplay" your kids in general. We were fortunate as I look back because our family took vacations while the other kids were sweltering and playing in Alabama. If my daughter had made it she would've been there too for at least a couple of summers, so I am not saying that it is wrong to join the team.

I am saying that it simply doesn't matter in the slightest if your daughter gets GOOD GRADES, PLAYS FOR A TOP TEAM, and does a lot of EXTRA TRAINING.

Good luck to all of your kids.

Just remember that there is no substitute for hard work!
                              This post is way too long to read. I will shorten it. Mike Strickler is a joke. He is a terrible state coach and Florida clubs should all speak up at the AGM and demand someone better and if the BOD doesn't find someone better then we should get rid of the BOD. Strickler is an embarrassment. He is a rec level coach. Have you ever had a conversation with him about a player evaluation? OMG he is an complete idiot.

Comment

This post is way too long to read. I will shorten it. Mike Strickler is a joke. He is a terrible state coach and Florida clubs should all speak up at the AGM and demand someone better and if the BOD doesn't find someone better then we should get rid of the BOD. Strickler is an embarrassment. He is a rec level coach. Have you ever had a conversation with him about a player evaluation? OMG he is an complete idiot.
                                You're an idiot, your kid is an idiot, and your kid's coach is an idiot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X