X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Names and school or it's all a lie.
    if you knew anything you could have already guessed. But first tell us who you are so we know yet again another idiot Oregon Ecnl who continues to spread lies. Coach or parent both of them are equally as full of it.

Comment

if you knew anything you could have already guessed. But first tell us who you are so we know yet again another idiot Oregon Ecnl who continues to spread lies. Coach or parent both of them are equally as full of it.
      Like we all suspected. A bag of hot air with no facts to support your slobbering idiocy.

Comment

Hahahaha. Want to bet? Want to bet over 4 years you pay that or more?

How dumb can you be? Are you just figuring this out?

Sounds like a heck of a deal to me right? 50k to say you are part of something that uses your team as a doormat and a cash machine.
        No one has spent $50k including the current class looking at colleges. Hell, encl has only been in Oregon a couple of years. However, just playing local club soccer you are going to spend 10k+ for high school.

Comment

Like we all suspected. A bag of hot air with no facts to support your slobbering idiocy.
          Instead of throwing stones, why don't you suggest the better, low cost alternative. Detail the costs and explain why your options are better? What are the results? If you have something better then ECNL. Let the cat out of the bag, don't keep it a secret. It should be an easy sell.

Comment

Instead of throwing stones, why don't you suggest the better, low cost alternative. Detail the costs and explain why your options are better? What are the results? If you have something better then ECNL. Let the cat out of the bag, don't keep it a secret. It should be an easy sell.
            Easy.. DA & GDA. They are already here and growing. WYSA is withdrawing from USYS.. playing field is changing.. all top players will be playing in US Soccer DA or GDA model. Period. The second tier players can play ECNL or EPNL so they can hang onto their JV soccer experience as well... but top players will now all play DA/GDA. Looks like 04 birth years are the real launching pad.

Comment

Easy.. DA & GDA. They are already here and growing. WYSA is withdrawing from USYS.. playing field is changing.. all top players will be playing in US Soccer DA or GDA model. Period. The second tier players can play ECNL or EPNL so they can hang onto their JV soccer experience as well... but top players will now all play DA/GDA. Looks like 04 birth years are the real launching pad.
              You didn't say one word about costs - the original post asked you to "detail the costs." That isn't surprising though because you really don't know. You are hanging your hat on the fact that Galaxy is funding their GDA...without taking into consideration that their financial commitment is a pittance compared to what it would take for Timbers to find Thorns academy. Don't believe me? Go ahead and look at the map of DA teams in Southern California. When Galaxy says they will "fund" GDA, there is virtually no travel involved. Parents will drive their players to 99% of the games, much like we do/did in OYSA and OPL. It is very easy to fund a team that never has to get on an airplane or stay in a hotel. If Timbers was funding GDA, don't you think they would be shouting that from the rooftops? Their silence speaks volumes.

I also found it interesting that you say 04 is the "launching pad." I assume you mean that 00, 01, 02, and 03 girls should either stay with their OYSA teams or do ECNL? I certainly don't want my 02 daughter to be preparing the "launching pad" in a GDA program that may never get off the ground. Her priority is playing in college and my priority is supporting her.

Comment

Glad you have your priorities straight. Hopefully her first priority in college is an education though.. right?

Comment

• “With the prevalence of self-described academies and national leagues other than the Federation-directed Development Academy (“DA”), the youth soccer landscape has drastically changed in the past decade, however US Club Soccer and US Youth Soccer’s elite player programming has largely been constructed and implemented to protect business aspects, financial considerations, and geographical territory rather than being aligned, cooperative, and complementary to what has clearly become the new tip of the player development pyramid.”

Ecnl has and always been out to make money and hand out trophies.

I've said it from the beginning. Overloading rosters to keep costs down. Coaches that don't even know their players names. Coaches who are focused on winning to get their team into a meaningless division. Spouting lies about college meanwhile you are flying to play a team that either doesn't want to play you or you have no business playing.

Ecnl might have been an interesting idea 3 years ago for top 15 clubs in the country but with the Oregon clubs like cu and fc Portland, clubs are already pulling out because they see the lack of quality and waste of time and money.

You don't need that. Look at the terrible younger teams. They need you more then your kid needs them.

Comment

Consider this.

Ussf is taking over.

Ussf track record is worse then the federal government. Now they demand you get their licenses or stamp of approval.

Sounds like old garbagemen taking over and telling everyone they need to buy their garbage.

Gda is a joke.

Comment

Glad you have your priorities straight. Hopefully her first priority in college is an education though.. right?
                      She understands that of course. When I said "her priority is playing in college" I was talking about her goals and priorities in terms of soccer. She isn't playing with a goal to win every game at 14 and she isn't playing with a goal to make the national team. She is playing with a goal to play soccer in college. And while she's there yes she will be getting an education too. But this board isn't named Talking College Majors or Talking Post Secondary Degrees. It's Talking Soccer, which is what I was doing.

And before you post what a loser she is to not aspire to play on the national team, I would point out that her goals are realistic for 99.99% of female Oregon soccer players. If you are in the .01% and have different goals that is fantastic and I wish you well. If you are not in the .01% and have different goals, you need to prepare for much disappointment.

Comment

She understands that of course. When I said "her priority is playing in college" I was talking about her goals and priorities in terms of soccer. She isn't playing with a goal to win every game at 14 and she isn't playing with a goal to make the national team. She is playing with a goal to play soccer in college. And while she's there yes she will be getting an education too. But this board isn't named Talking College Majors or Talking Post Secondary Degrees. It's Talking Soccer, which is what I was doing.

And before you post what a loser she is to not aspire to play on the national team, I would point out that her goals are realistic for 99.99% of female Oregon soccer players. If you are in the .01% and have different goals that is fantastic and I wish you well. If you are not in the .01% and have different goals, you need to prepare for much disappointment.
                        More like 99.99999% for Oregon players. We only get a player on the USWNT like one every 20-30 years. USWNT isn't a realistic goal for basically any of our girls.

Comment

Hostility here is odd. Defensive. Seems strange. Glad your 02 wants to play soccer in college. She may change her mind after three more years of travel ECNL. Or not. Either way if she continues to play club soccer at any night level whether it be OYSA, GDA or ECNL, her good or bad grades will be the deciding factor.

Comment

Hostility here is odd. Defensive. Seems strange. Glad your 02 wants to play soccer in college. She may change her mind after three more years of travel ECNL. Or not. Either way if she continues to play club soccer at any night level whether it be OYSA, GDA or ECNL, her good or bad grades will be the deciding factor.
                            No hostility. But I must point out that you are doing a bang up job of deflecting from my original post pointing out that you did not answer the question of how much GDA will cost. Because you don't know. But by all means continue to change the subject. We have short attention spans and are easily distracted.

Comment

next year it will be the combined 03/04 age groups to be the real launching pad.

Comment

No hostility. But I must point out that you are doing a bang up job of deflecting from my original post pointing out that you did not answer the question of how much GDA will cost. Because you don't know. But by all means continue to change the subject. We have short attention spans and are easily distracted.
                                Presumably same as the 04 boys GDA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X