Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much was your player's out of state travel fees?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Clubs, leagues and USSF should be doing more to help players, not relying on the kindness of teammates. God knows they're making enough money to be able to afford it.

- different poster
    I tend to agree but our club gives out a ton in scholarship money and this kid gets a scholarship too. So we parents do what we can. And there are other teams in our club who don't or won't or can't. It's not a great solution but it's a heck of a lot better than griping on a chat board because you don't like the way things are.

Comment

I tend to agree but our club gives out a ton in scholarship money and this kid gets a scholarship too. So we parents do what we can. And there are other teams in our club who don't or won't or can't. It's not a great solution but it's a heck of a lot better than griping on a chat board because you don't like the way things are.
      No need to get all judge-y on me. That's great but as you acknowledged it isn't a solution. Too many kids are shut out of the system altogether or aren't able to continue it year after year (what would happen if the player in your example had to change teams next year for some reason and she didn't have the support of team families?). One of my kids' clubs has several need based players but the club covers their uniform and travel expenses (granted, no flights are involved). It's just built into their cost structure and I'm sure I'm paying more because of it - but that's fine because that is a more viable long term solution. The owner still drives a nice car too ;)

Comment

My daughter's soccer fees were zero and she traveled to about 10 out of state games. Her shoes and uniforms were all free too. As was practice. Of course she was in college.

Comment

My daughter's soccer fees were zero and she traveled to about 10 out of state games. Her shoes and uniforms were all free too. As was practice. Of course she was in college.
          Add up how much you spent to get her there

Comment

My dd's was very close to zero, but she isn't very good and neither is her team.

Comment

Add up how much you spent to get her there
              That wasn't the original question. For people like you who are really slow on the pickup, here to refresh your memory:

How much did you spend on your last out of state travel event that involved airfare? The amount should include the player's (and only the player's) air, hotel, food, tourney fees (if not already included in the annual club fee), and coach's stipend/travel costs. You don't have to be on an ECNL team to respond. Just curious what others are spending.
              Now, the question is, how much are you wasting on your dd who doesn't stand a chance of playing in college?

Comment

We spent about $18k last season.

Comment

We spent about $18k last season.
                  DD must play for Thorns Academy then. $10K up front and then another $8K for "expenses" along the way. Pretty good scam the Timbers have going.

Comment

That wasn't the original question. For people like you who are really slow on the pickup, here to refresh your memory:

Now, the question is, how much are you wasting on your dd who doesn't stand a chance of playing in college?

Five years of 'Club soccer' annual dues and a couple years of ODP. She will end up getting all her money for college from her academics. Just about the same as those playing soccer in college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X