X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    how did Hingham do in states?
    They won their 3rd straight although it's just North-South (No D2 in Central/West)

Comment

It will be them plus maybe another 1 or 2 from Central Carholic or Hingham.
      So it's basically an emgsca dues paying members who push their agendas to the globe who honestly could care less about covering any high school sport that's not football and even less so with the girls. Too many good players are overlooked because their coaches either don't belong, attend or have any clout with the executive board of the eastern ma girls soccer coaches assoc.

Comment

So it's basically an emgsca dues paying members who push their agendas to the globe who honestly could care less about covering any high school sport that's not football and even less so with the girls. Too many good players are overlooked because their coaches either don't belong, attend or have any clout with the executive board of the eastern ma girls soccer coaches assoc.
        OR
        Your D is a nice player, just not THAT good

Comment

OR
          Your D is a nice player, just not THAT good
          Or it's a political cesspool of good old boy club coaches who also coach HS who promise their players post season awards wether they deserve them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            It's always been that way.

Comment

It's always been that way.
              jealous parents of a daughter who did n't make the cut

Comment

Or it's a political cesspool of good old boy club coaches who also coach HS who promise their players post season awards wether they deserve them or not.
                If your kids coach doesn't attend meetings or votes or nominates the kids, then guess what? They will not get awards.

Comment

If your kids coach doesn't attend meetings or votes or nominates the kids, then guess what? They will not get awards.
                  If your kid is not league MVP, you're likely not getting all-scholastic either.

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...ll_scholastics

The Herald did their's today.

Comment

jealous parents of a daughter who did n't make the cut
                      STFU! It's got nothing to do with jealousy which is the easiest thing for idiots like you to throw out. It's got everything to do with the process and the old boys network. I know a few coaches and they have explained to me how it works, which others have alluded to on here. Coupled with the fact the the HS coach has their favorites, it's crushing for a deserving player not to get one over a player who did not deserve one, but got one because they play for the coaches club, or they're just one of their little pets. Nothing surprises me with the process, but it doesn't mean I like it.

Comment

STFU! It's got nothing to do with jealousy which is the easiest thing for idiots like you to throw out. It's got everything to do with the process and the old boys network. I know a few coaches and they have explained to me how it works, which others have alluded to on here. Coupled with the fact the the HS coach has their favorites, it's crushing for a deserving player not to get one over a player who did not deserve one, but got one because they play for the coaches club, or they're just one of their little pets. Nothing surprises me with the process, but it doesn't mean I like it.
                        So you believe the things a high school coach tells you to get away from uncomfortable conversations with helicopter parents? That's so 2016.

Comment

So you believe the things a high school coach tells you to get away from uncomfortable conversations with helicopter parents? That's so 2016.
                          Some coaches more than willing to share their frustrations over the whole process. What makes you think the conversation was forced or uncomfortable? The problem is the globe validates it with its lazy indifference to the process.

Comment

Some coaches more than willing to share their frustrations over the whole process. What makes you think the conversation was forced or uncomfortable? The problem is the globe validates it with its lazy indifference to the process.
                            The globe list is generally all New England which consists of the league mvps. The leagues generally get their lists correct.

Comment

The globe list is generally all New England which consists of the league mvps. The leagues generally get their lists correct.
                              I'd venture that the globe has never seen any of these players play. Too much influence in too few people. When they claim the list is picked by "globe staffers" it strains credibility.

Comment

When you say generally, do you mean like 50%, 60% or say 75%, because I can assure you, the leagues do not get it right as much as they should because there's too much politicking and back door deals being made, not to mention that coaches pick their favorites and if you know anything about soccer, you will know that this is true. It's shameful and nothing good ever comes out of it. I guess this is the place to vent because it's not going to change any time soon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X