Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Uh, the Beaverton Cup (and most if not all summer tournaments) is not a "showcase"--its purpose is not to let prospects strut down the soccer runway. It's just a summer tournament. Like PCU Summer Classic or Chinook Cup or Clash at the Border.
    Right. The only person who ever called Beaverton a summer showcase was the shyster recruiting suckers to go play for thorns academy.

Comment

No one gets cut from ECNL in Oregon. They will take anyone dumb enough to pay. Why do you think their are so many anxious and worried FC portland and CU parents who will tell you ECNL will cure cancer but they cant figure out why their kid isn't getting better......

Comment

No one gets cut from ECNL in Oregon. They will take anyone dumb enough to pay. Why do you think their are so many anxious and worried FC portland and CU parents who will tell you ECNL will cure cancer but they cant figure out why their kid isn't getting better......
        Ok. So I guess CU rostered all 45 girls who showed up for tryouts this year. And ours was the smaller of the two groups on the fields at Rock Creek. Strange. I keep reading on this board that ECNL teams load of the rosters to cut costs, then girls don't get to play much. But our ECNL team has 18 girls. Meanwhile, the 01/02 thorns roster has 26. So who is the scam artist?

Comment

Ok. So I guess CU rostered all 45 girls who showed up for tryouts this year. And ours was the smaller of the two groups on the fields at Rock Creek. Strange. I keep reading on this board that ECNL teams load of the rosters to cut costs, then girls don't get to play much. But our ECNL team has 18 girls. Meanwhile, the 01/02 thorns roster has 26. So who is the scam artist?
          Sounds like some people who went to CU early doors got wise and left reducing the CU pool of 45 suckers to the present day group of 18 idiots. The spell is not working so well, is it.

Comment

How do you even know how many they have on their roster?

Comment

18 on the 03s.
              21 on the 02's.

It's on ECNL website. Average roster sizes for ECNL.

Comment

Per the (admittedly routinely dishonest) thorns academy website:

01/02 team - 25 rostered and 2 practice players

00/99 team - 25 rostered and 4 practice players

CU teams roster 18-22. So I repeat - who is running a scam? Which club will give your player more playing time?

Of all the weak arguments I've heard thorns academy apologists make against ECNL on this site, roster size is the most ridiculous. Pretty embarrassing view from that glass house you live in, eh?

Comment

Per the (admittedly routinely dishonest) thorns academy website:

01/02 team - 25 rostered and 2 practice players

00/99 team - 25 rostered and 4 practice players

CU teams roster 18-22. So I repeat - who is running a scam? Which club will give your player more playing time?

Of all the weak arguments I've heard thorns academy apologists make against ECNL on this site, roster size is the most ridiculous. Pretty embarrassing view from that glass house you live in, eh?
                  I had asked about the Thorns roster. I've seen the list of initials posted after tryouts. I was curious about the actual roster. I know players on that list that declined their spot so I was curious as to how many players they ended up with at 01/02.

Comment

18 on the 03s.
                    21 on the 02's.

It's on ECNL website. Average roster sizes for ECNL.
                    03s couldn't get anyone to tryout because people are realizing how dumb it is to do Ecnl and it's terrible for development.

Overload rosters to manage costs meanwhile your kid is sitting the bench or chasing other teams around. Sounds like you are getting scammed.

Comment

This is a terribly fun tournament with the sole purpose of fundraising for FC Portland. All other clubs should steer clear.

Comment

This is a terribly fun tournament with the sole purpose of fundraising for FC Portland. All other clubs should steer clear.
                        And yet it still provides a higher level of competition than all Timbers Alliance tournaments combined. Seems there's a common theme here...

Comment

And yet it still provides a higher level of competition than all Timbers Alliance tournaments combined. Seems there's a common theme here...
                          From your bottom to God's nostril.

All the local summer tournaments are fundraisers for the hosting club. And many of them are fun. Nobody pretends any of them are elite--any tournament whose policy is "you pay you play" or "first come first served" is not elite--except for certain ECNL trolls who like to erect ridiculous strawmen. ("Your club plays in the Beaverton Cup? What a joke!"). Nobody cares all that much about who wins Beaverton Cup, and that includes the teams who play in it.

But then, at least teams are going to FC's tournament--I seem to recall your CU partners having to cancel their tournament last summer after all the other DoCs were no longer willing to write checks to Tom A. Perhaps that's a reason why Tom is no longer at THUSC,

Comment

All the local summer tournaments are fundraisers for the hosting club. And many of them are fun. Nobody pretends any of them are elite--any tournament whose policy is "you pay you play" or "first come first served" is not elite--except for certain ECNL trolls who like to erect ridiculous strawmen. ("Your club plays in the Beaverton Cup? What a joke!"). Nobody cares all that much about who wins Beaverton Cup, and that includes the teams who play in it.

But then, at least teams are going to FC's tournament--I seem to recall your CU partners having to cancel their tournament last summer after all the other DoCs were no longer willing to write checks to Tom A. Perhaps that's a reason why Tom is no longer at THUSC,
                            You're right about one thing - nobody cares about the Beaverton Cup - especially the college coaches that weren't there to watch the Thorns Academy teams get shellacked.

Comment

Argh, ECNL partners. Need coffee.

Point being, though, that nobody at the TA clubs, or at Thorns, ever pretends that Beaverton Cup or Clash at the Border, are Surf Cup North. We all KNOW that they silly summer tournaments, and fundraisers for Westside and WT FC respectively. That's it. Yet y'all seem to suggest otherwise, and then have fun knocking that ol' strawman down. ECNL is the Hyacinth Bucket of Oregon girls' soccer. ("It's bo-KAY...")

Comment

You're right about one thing - nobody cares about the Beaverton Cup - especially the college coaches that weren't there to watch the Thorns Academy teams get shellacked.
                                Jeebus H. Cripes. Is the entirity of the girls' youth soccer experience all about being seen by college coaches and scouts, like some Broadway showgirl hoping to be "discovered" one day? Is nothing worth doing if it isn't a cattle call for the sort of college soccer coach who only has a job and scholarships because of Title IX, and can't be bothered to pick up the phone?

Truly elite girls will be found wherever they are, and need not join overpriced meat-market just to be noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBfHpIRm5Qk

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X