Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Different poster but having to be at a game an hour in advance plus trying to give us some wiggle room, we end up the field With plenty of time to spare. I almost always watch the game before us. Similar to the other poster I also will chat with the other parents

I have seen all sorts of things: thrilling finishes, terrible games, coaches getting kicked out, bad refs, good refs
    I've done that too... and have seen interesting things. However, what I haven't done in that case is come back to T-S and report about it. If it's my own kids team and I was that upset with something, I probably would have... but not on another game where I don't have any connection. Probably just me though.

Comment

Just odd because it appears that they were playing that final match in Acton... Honestly, whatever... Maybe the location was changed, maybe I'm looking at a different team that you are discussing. I really don't know, but something about your story doesn't sit right with me. ;)
      If I gave a rat's azz about how it sit with you, that would be one thing.

I asked if anyone knew of the outfit, now how well it sat with you.

This was a U-something (11, 12?) final at Devens. One of the last of the day.

Comment

I've done that too... and have seen interesting things. However, what I haven't done in that case is come back to T-S and report about it. If it's my own kids team and I was that upset with something, I probably would have... but not on another game where I don't have any connection. Probably just me though.

Boy, obsess much? Just saw a team that was far outside of what I've seen in youth soccer. asked a question. Not upset, as we weren't involved.

Yep, just you though.

Comment

If I gave a rat's azz about how it sit with you, that would be one thing.

I asked if anyone knew of the outfit, now how well it sat with you.

This was a U-something (11, 12?) final at Devens. One of the last of the day.
          And I'm simply pointing out that there doesn't appear to be a Green Lions team (U11 or U12) which had a final late in the day at Devens. Go look for yourself.

Comment

And I'm simply pointing out that there doesn't appear to be a Green Lions team (U11 or U12) which had a final late in the day at Devens. Go look for yourself.
            Sure thing:

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...r=Girls&Age=12

Game Time Home Team Away Team Location
            Playoffs
            Final
            4:10 PM
            GPS NH 2005 SELECT (NH) 4 GREENLIONS SA GREEN LIONS G05/06 (MA) 1 Devens - 9v9 #08

/////

You going to give it a rest now?

I got my answer about the team, another poster has commented they were there.

Comment

If it's note worthy sure.

I saw a ref throw out a coach at a state cup semi final. It was over a bad call. Coach went ballistic and refused to leave the area.

Everyone on the sidelines saw that it was a terrible call. Granted coach should of let it go.

My sons team was waiting to play the other semi final. I reported it on talking soccer. In fact others corroborated what I said.

Comment

Which field did your daughter play on... because your story isn't matching up. Just saying.
                oh, ok Columbo. LOL

Comment

so why folks are questioning that a parent sitting around a tournament will watch other games...why is that strange...when i have time to kill between tournament games, i will absolutely walk around and find an interesting game to watch. And yeah, i do look for the games with the crazy coaches or parents as those are the most entertaining, to hell with the soccer as I focus on the game when my son is playing. And might I come on here and talk about it...hell yeah ! There is a lot of crap and nonsense on this site and what the OP wrote about is almost normal compared to a lot of the lunatics on this site.

Comment

so why folks are questioning that a parent sitting around a tournament will watch other games...why is that strange...when i have time to kill between tournament games, i will absolutely walk around and find an interesting game to watch. And yeah, i do look for the games with the crazy coaches or parents as those are the most entertaining, to hell with the soccer as I focus on the game when my son is playing. And might I come on here and talk about it...hell yeah ! There is a lot of crap and nonsense on this site and what the OP wrote about is almost normal compared to a lot of the lunatics on this site.
                    I confess, I do the same. In between games, You can only hang with your team for so long. Watching other games passes the time. And as you mentioned, can be quite entertaining.

Comment

Sure thing:

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...r=Girls&Age=12

Game Time Home Team Away Team Location
                      Playoffs
                      Final
                      4:10 PM
                      GPS NH 2005 SELECT (NH) 4 GREENLIONS SA GREEN LIONS G05/06 (MA) 1 Devens - 9v9 #08

/////

You going to give it a rest now?

I got my answer about the team, another poster has commented they were there.

Ahhhh... This whole time I thought we were talking about boys. This makes more sense since girls soccer is over the top CRAZY!

Comment

Ahhhh... This whole time I thought we were talking about boys. This makes more sense since girls soccer is over the top CRAZY!

Unfortunate you spent so much time trying to discredit the OP's question when you didn't have anything valuable to add or ability to answer them...

Comment

Unfortunate you spent so much time trying to discredit the OP's question when you didn't have anything valuable to add or ability to answer them...
                          Yes, SO MUCH TIME... (i.e. about 3 minutes total). And this was such an earth-shattering concern that the OP had about 10/11 year old girls that I'm sure people are flocking back here to get all that valuable information from others. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Yes, SO MUCH TIME... (i.e. about 3 minutes total). And this was such an earth-shattering concern that the OP had about 10/11 year old girls that I'm sure people are flocking back here to get all that valuable information from others. So sorry for the inconvenience.
                            It's OK to say you tried to troll and failed.

First step in resolving it is admitting it.

Comment

I thought it was boys too. People need to post girls or boys on the title. The worst topics are always girl related threads.

Comment

I thought it was boys too. People need to post girls or boys on the title. The worst topics are always girl related threads.
                                OP here. I intentionally didn't put the gender as the inquiry was related to the program overall. Same coach handles both boys and girls, and has similar issues I have heard.

Point taken, however.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X