Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sadly it should not be the 05's either. For God's sake, they are U12.
    do you really have a problem with 12 year olds playing a state tournament. Or is this just another reason to bitch at OYSA and the timbers

Comment

do you really have a problem with 12 year olds playing a state tournament. Or is this just another reason to bitch at OYSA and the timbers
      there are so many reasons to bitch about the timbers, but this isn't one of them

Comment

No, I really don't have a problem. In fact, I am apalled that anybody would have a problem with U-11's playing State Cup. Now, I will say that it is not the same now as it used to be. 11V11, full field, regulation goals....(Not the pop up Goodwill goals that WST offers up at Conestoga) But this tournament is the only tournament in state that clubs/kids should be focused on. Now granted, this is my third child playing classic premiere and not my first. But nonetheless, nobody should be complaining about 06/05 playing State Cup.

Comment

No, I really don't have a problem. In fact, I am apalled that anybody would have a problem with U-11's playing State Cup. Now, I will say that it is not the same now as it used to be. 11V11, full field, regulation goals....(Not the pop up Goodwill goals that WST offers up at Conestoga) But this tournament is the only tournament in state that clubs/kids should be focused on. Now granted, this is my third child playing classic premiere and not my first. But nonetheless, nobody should be complaining about 06/05 playing State Cup.
          Hey, we share those goals with THUSC.... and like I said before, take it up with THPRD. It's their field, they don't provide proper 9v9 goals onsite, so the club has to bring what they can fit in the back of a minivan.

I'd rather use the bownet goals then make U11/U12 kids play on full-size goals, like happened last year when Westside played at BHS. Gawd, that was terrible. Good on OYSA for requiring proper 9v9 goals for premeir games, so we don't have player shooting at nets that the keepers (all of them) are too small to defend properly.

And count me as one who thinks 9v9 is a better game for kids this age to play.

Comment

There is no "sharing" as 06 and 05 are in different State Cup brackets. 06s should enjoy the experience because once they are in the new DA program they will no longer be eligible to compete for the State Cup title.. same goes for the handfuls of 05 boys that will get onto the 04 DA teams next fall.

Comment

I'm not the OP. I don't think 12 and under players should do state cup.

Have you seen a U11/12 state cup game....it's the worst soccer on the planet

Comment

I have seen U11 and U12 state cup finals. I had one dauvhter win, the other finish runner up. They enjoyed the experience, and KNEW that their parents supported them. I guess that is the difference between my kid's experiences and yours. I am sorry that you hate youth soccer and kids so much.

Comment

This is such an absurd statement. Check yourself. While it may not be EPL, it is certainly not the worst soccer on the planet. If you are going to waste our time, at least make your point arguable. You have probably never played a day of soccer in your life, so surely you are the best judge of bad versus good soccer. Just dumb.....so dumb.

Comment

Anyone know how the Bend vs Capital game turned out?

Comment

Anyone know how the Bend vs Capital game turned out?
                      Timbers won youth soccer lost.

Comment

On
                        U10s should be doing state cup. This no competition mindset is taking away some of the fun of youth soccer and our kids need to learn to compete.

Comment

Halftime Copa 0 Navy 0.

Again.

Comment

These games only get better. The boys on both sides seem to have that little extra heart and intensity for this match. Both teams played well again!

Comment

These games only get better. The boys on both sides seem to have that little extra heart and intensity for this match. Both teams played well again!
                              Do tell....

Comment

Navy won 3-0. Very close game for 45 minutes, but after Navy netted the first goal Westside had to press which left them open for the attack. Both teams had great saves from their goalies in the first half and they also had a couple of squandered chances. Second half was back and fourth until the goal and then Navy's mids and defense worked well to clear their lines.
                                It was another great rivalry match and all the boys left it out there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X