Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girls DA = $10,000/yr & NO high school sports???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Da sounds like their just trying to get in to the bucket of cash that parents from this area spend year in and year out.
    It's more about trying to wrestle power away from ECNL. I'ts politics more than anything else

Comment

It's more about trying to wrestle power away from ECNL. I'ts politics more than anything else
      To a certain extent what you say is in part of the equation, the biggest problem was the ECNL grew too fast, had no quality control of clubs, coaches or teams and in the end they were force feeding a mouthful of matches in 2 or 3 day showcases, just to put the kids in front of college coaches. They were driven by the wrong things.

Left to their own devices they forgot about the prize of development and structured learning and let the parents wallets pay for college coaches front row seats to end the end what amounted to a girls soccer combine.

Glad US Soccer has blown this thing up.

Better days ahead.

Comment

To a certain extent what you say is in part of the equation, the biggest problem was the ECNL grew too fast, had no quality control of clubs, coaches or teams and in the end they were force feeding a mouthful of matches in 2 or 3 day showcases, just to put the kids in front of college coaches. They were driven by the wrong things.

Left to their own devices they forgot about the prize of development and structured learning and let the parents wallets pay for college coaches front row seats to end the end what amounted to a girls soccer combine.

Better days ahead.
        I am not sure I would call it better days. Same expense if not more, players wearing different jerseys. Oregon teams paying $1000s of dollars to get pounded by the truly elite

Comment

Better days ahead.
          Yeah it's worked so well on the men's side I can see why they'd want ro replicate it. Lol.

To blow up a system for the top 1% of players in the country is more than just development. It's about power. Ussf doesn't care about the 99%. And all that 99% cares about is college.

- not the op

Comment

Ecnl produced Mallory Pugh. She also played HS.

Comment

Ecnl produced Mallory Pugh. She also played HS.
              laff. dude, more like all of the national camps and international play at u-17, 20, wnt
              made her, not ecnl. you think if she didn't play ecnl, nobody would have id her?
              that's funny. she didn't need ecnl, ecnl needs her to sell the dream. just like da will.
              ecnl and da are for the dreamers and college. the true elite .01% players are already there.

Comment

laff. dude, more like all of the national camps and international play at u-17, 20, wnt
                made her, not ecnl. you think if she didn't play ecnl, nobody would have id her?
                that's funny. she didn't need ecnl, ecnl needs her to sell the dream. just like da will.
                ecnl and da are for the dreamers and college. the true elite .01% players are already there.
                Agree. People GDAP supporters say USSF not happy with ecnl development. Pugh, Horan & others did just fine w/ECNL. Don't need girls DAP. Just different name on jerseys. This is about money and power. If a girl is YNT material, they will get there. GDAP isn't going to create any more super elite players -particularly from Oregon.

Comment

New problems

With the Girl's DA there will be new problems that will frustrate the girls and the parents.
                  1. No high school (already been talking about that)
                  2. 3 subs per game - 14 players play, that is it, not good for development at this age and not anything like the college game which has unlimited subbing.
                  3. 4 mandatory practices a week. This is tough for kids that do not live close to the practice fields
                  4. Thorns Academy cut loose the senior '98s, they literally have no team, does that mean that the DA will not accommodate Seniors with birthdates in the fall? ECNL does do a combined age group the U18 year to take care of that.

These are issues that are not good for the player. It takes all flexibility away for the athlete, family, future college coach, etc., to decide how best to spend their time. I am not saying ECNL is perfect, I am just saying that when you see not all clubs are jumping ship, some of the reasons are those mentioned above.

Comment

With the Girl's DA there will be new problems that will frustrate the girls and the parents.
                    2. 3 subs per game - 14 players play, that is it, not good for development at this age and not anything like the college game which has unlimited subbing.
                    3. 4 mandatory practices a week. This is tough for kids that do not live close to the practice fields
                    4. Thorns Academy cut loose the senior '98s, they literally have no team, does that mean that the DA will not accommodate Seniors with birthdates in the fall? ECNL does do a combined age group the U18 year to take care of that.

These are issues that are not good for the player. It takes all flexibility away for the athlete, family, future college coach, etc., to decide how best to spend their time. I am not saying ECNL is perfect, I am just saying that when you see not all clubs are jumping ship, some of the reasons are those mentioned above.
                    1. High school ends up doing more harm to the top %.

2. Ecnl in Oregon has rosters of 27 players or more for the sole reason of managing costs. Thats not development. When you bring 18 to a club game you not only cut a third out of playing time but youve just cut everyone elses down by almost half. You cant justify it either way. If you sit the players entire games except for 5 minutes, its a disservice 100%. If you sub 18 you dont get players at all prepared for playing long stretches which the top players will absolutely in college and above. That was a terrible point made by you. College coaches would rather have players who cant play full games or close.

3. Im sorry location makes it hard for you to make it to practice...why not just stay at your local neighborhood team. Or in your case fly around the country to play...

4. So does everyone else but in the DA case, perhaps they can cut loose the players who are already committed or need a local club like yours to take care of them.

Im not saying DA is the answer because its pretty much another rediculous structure to grab power, make money, and insert BS regulations. But your arguement for ecnl is a joke. And ecnl brought this on with its rediculous pay to get seen but get worse then what players really need at that age. Those clubs got scammed and now stuck holding that bag.

Comment

1. High school ends up doing more harm to the top %.

2. Ecnl in Oregon has rosters of 27 players or more for the sole reason of managing costs. Thats not development. When you bring 18 to a club game you not only cut a third out of playing time but youve just cut everyone elses down by almost half. You cant justify it either way. If you sit the players entire games except for 5 minutes, its a disservice 100%. If you sub 18 you dont get players at all prepared for playing long stretches which the top players will absolutely in college and above. That was a terrible point made by you. College coaches would rather have players who cant play full games or close.

3. Im sorry location makes it hard for you to make it to practice...why not just stay at your local neighborhood team. Or in your case fly around the country to play...

4. So does everyone else but in the DA case, perhaps they can cut loose the players who are already committed or need a local club like yours to take care of them.

Im not saying DA is the answer because its pretty much another rediculous structure to grab power, make money, and insert BS regulations. But your arguement for ecnl is a joke. And ecnl brought this on with its rediculous pay to get seen but get worse then what players really need at that age. Those clubs got scammed and now stuck holding that bag.
                      1. Yet HS didn't harm current NT players. Like it or not HS soccer and no other sports will keep some girls from joining, even top players that USSF wants to have.

2. GDA rosters will be nearly as big as ECNL rosters. In both cases plenty of players won't be at games. But at least with ECNL if you are on the gamed day roster you have a better shot at getting some PT with their sub rules. A league that is supposed to be about development should be giving more players an opportunity to actually develop. Training alone isn't the answer.

3. Like it or not location matters also especially when you're talking what is really 5 days a week when you add in games. It can mean a drastic change in family dynamics. Many will question if it worth it, especially if they're not at the top.

At least we can all agree GDA isn't the solution and ECNL needed big improvements. Instead of trying to work together USSF and ECNL have turned it into a battle for power. The players are the ones getting caught in the middle. All they really care about is landing on a good college roster, 99.5% of them anyway. If this was really about the NT they should have blown up the DA system (because in ten years it hasn't done much of anything on the men's side) and done something totally different - residency program or something else. I'm not forecasting a complete failure - GDA will get off the ground, ECNL will suffer but survive, but both will be a watered down mess

Comment

1. The girls who will play DA will be the most mentality and academically tough girls.
                        The girls with 4.0 GPA, taking AP and honor classes, and can balance elite soccer.
                        You think that they are not intelligent enough to make hard decisions. Your attitude and
                        others enfeeble these girls to hide behind their mama's skirts. Hard choices build
                        character and strength. Using hs soccer as an excuse why girls won't do this is as feeble
                        as girls won't play soccer b/c they develop big calf muscles and boys won't like them.

2. Laff. Wrong. Read the boy's DA guide, which will be the same as the girls.
                        There are 5-7 substitutions, depending on age group, across 3 moments.
                        11 players start and 7 subs. AND guaranteed 25% start times for every player in the
                        season.

3. Sigh. Again, these are parents and kids who are dedicated to play at a higher level.
                        This means sacrifice and great time management. If your little Abby or yourself can't
                        commit to this, then don't try out. Stick to rec soccer and trophies for all.

4. If your little Abby hasn't been committed to play college soccer by senior year, then
                        you got bigger issues. There will be U14/15, U16/17, and U18/19. Yes, they will
                        support seniors.

I really don't know what will happen in DA or how it will affect ECNL.
                        But I am willing to keep an open mind AND try to be informed with the correct information
                        to guide my dd in the right direction.

Comment

1. The girls who will play DA will be the most mentality and academically tough girls.
                          The girls with 4.0 GPA, taking AP and honor classes, and can balance elite soccer.
                          You think that they are not intelligent enough to make hard decisions. Your attitude and
                          others enfeeble these girls to hide behind their mama's skirts. Hard choices build
                          character and strength. Using hs soccer as an excuse why girls won't do this is as feeble
                          as girls won't play soccer b/c they develop big calf muscles and boys won't like them.

11 players start and 7 subs. AND guaranteed 25% start times for every player in the
                          season.

3. Sigh. Again, these are parents and kids who are dedicated to play at a higher level.
                          This means sacrifice and great time management. If your little Abby or yourself can't

4. If your little Abby hasn't been committed to play college soccer by senior year, then
                          support seniors.

But I am willing to keep an open mind AND try to be informed with the correct information
                          Your arrogance is as laughable as your spelling. I feel bad for your kid. I'm sure she's grounded when she shanks a PK or brings home an A-. You would be wise to quit elite soccer and invest that money in therapy for her. Thanks to you she will need it.

Comment

season.

support seniors.

You clearly don't have a girl....but anyway just had to comment on the start rule. Many clubs boys clubs abuse the cr** out of that rule. They can say a player was injured, or they'll start them and quickly pull them just to check it off the box. 25% start is not 25% PT. HUGE difference.

BTW I'm DA boys parent who thinks DA is a bad idea all around for the majority of players. They should have made some kind of micro league for the ultimate top players and left the rest alone. It's worked out ok for my son in terms of opportunities but it has killed him not playing HS. If there had been an ECNL like option at the time would have done it hands down

Comment

lol. My son was in DA - some of his teammates were dumber than a box of rocks. If it hadn't been for soccer I'm not sure they'd have gone to college. DA doesn't care about your academics, they only care what you bring to the field. And good luck if academics get in the way of soccer because you'll see PT evaporate (make sure to study the SAT dates carefully because you better not miss a game for it).

Comment

season.

support seniors.

LOL, in #1, you described my daughter, and she plays ECNL...so what is your point exactly... There are about 5-7 girls per ECNL to CHOOSE not to play high school, however, to mandate it is not good for the majority of kids and in parts of the country high school is important.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X