Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrimmages instead of tournaments is the way to go

Did a 3 team scrimmage festival yesterday. Each team got to play the other two in 50 minute games....The total cost was $40 each team to pay for referees...The host team was gracious enough not to charge for field rental...Why don't teams scrimmage each other more often instead of paying $800 for a tournament and then playing each other anyways in that tournament? Makes no sense to me....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did a 3 team scrimmage festival yesterday. Each team got to play the other two in 50 minute games....The total cost was $40 each team to pay for referees...The host team was gracious enough not to charge for field rental...Why don't teams scrimmage each other more often instead of paying $800 for a tournament and then playing each other anyways in that tournament? Makes no sense to me....
    Offer this to springs since they ain't doing nothing.

Comment

because then you won't get any got soccer points or youth soccer rankings points, and all of the parents egos will be so hurt that they didn't receive 4786 points for winning your 3 team festival

Comment

Trophies, Trophies, Trophies.

What's the point of playing if you aint playin for nuttin?

Comment

That would be like having sales meetings instead of actually calling on customers for sales. Just doesn't work that way boss! You have to play the games and all levels to understand not only the physical part of the games, but as importantly, the mental part of the game. Handling pressure is huge in any sport, and even in sales!

Comment

yeah but... did you get a medal?

Comment

yeah but... did you get a medal?
              Pardon my ignorance, but what's a medal?

Comment

So what if you do 2-3 tournaments a year? We always play some great comeptition that we don't normally get to in our regular league.

Comment

So what if you do 2-3 tournaments a year? We always play some great comeptition that we don't normally get to in our regular league.
                  I think 3-4 tournaments a year should be it....I know teams that do 10-12 tournaments, which I believe is overkill and very costly for parents....if most parents say no, guess what, the team isn't going anywhere....

Comment

It's called a "Round Robin".

Teams do it all the time in preseason.

Comment

I think 3-4 tournaments a year should be it....I know teams that do 10-12 tournaments, which I believe is overkill and very costly for parents....if most parents say no, guess what, the team isn't going anywhere....
                      3-4 is what most do - any sane ones anyway. Stay away from clubs chasing GS points. Your kid will burn out and so will your wallet.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a medal?
                        Its something you have up your ass

Comment

Its something you have up your ass
                          But "metal" is something I'll use to whack you in the head....

Comment

Offer this to springs since they ain't doing nothing.
                            Hahaha!!! Classic.

Comment

But "metal" is something I'll use to whack you in the head....
                              Holy crap you have a piece of metal stuck up there too? Must be so uncomfortable for you to sit down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X