Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Dap 04 clubs in New England Divison.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Offered a spot and turned them down.... coach was like 🤔🤔🤔. Simple, coaching is not better than that offer by top NPL coaches from clubs.
    Untrue. We have friends across several clubs in NPL and they're trying their best to get to DA specifically for the increase in practice intensity. It's almost universal. People that tell you otherwise are comfortable where they are and unwilling to challenge their child for fear of damaging their fragile mental state.

Comment

Untrue. We have friends across several clubs in NPL and they're trying their best to get to DA specifically for the increase in practice intensity. It's almost universal. People that tell you otherwise are comfortable where they are and unwilling to challenge their child for fear of damaging their fragile mental state.
      Yes, ^^ this last sentence. For all the complaints on here about parents pushing their kids too hard, there are just as many, if not more, attempting to make every second of their kids' lives as comfortable as possible.

It's OK, and probably even healthy, to put them in situations where they have to work hard to keep up. I think every kid should have the experience of joining a group of kids who are in the process of learning a skill, whether it's through sports, music, art, where they start out as the worst kid in the group. This is when they will learn to appreciate their own accomplishments and improvements, as opposed to always comparing themselves to how much better they are than the weakest kids in the group.

It's also not a bad idea to teach kids that often times in life they are going to have to give things up to reach goals, as uncomfortable as that might be, and that they can't always have it all. The parents of girls on some of these threads so upset at the thought of their daughters having to give up high school soccer to play DA are perfect examples of this. They want their daughters to have the glory of being the best on their high school team, playing with their best friends in front of crowds of people, but also want them to have that DA ticket to ensure their entry to college (and some even want the NT scouting).

Comment

Interesting that you know my kid and what they were offered.

Comment

Interesting that you know my kid and what they were offered.
          The OP was quite accurately responding to your claim that "Simple, coaching is not better than that offer by top NPL coaches from clubs." Untrue.

Comment

The OP was quite accurately responding to your claim that "Simple, coaching is not better than that offer by top NPL coaches from clubs." Untrue.
            "Intense training" does not necessary mean more qualified coaches and the provision of better training".

Comment

"Intense training" does not necessary mean more qualified coaches and the provision of better training".
              Not necessarily but in this case it does. Bolts DAP coaches are better than NPL coaches.

Comment

Not necessarily but in this case it does. Bolts DAP coaches are better than NPL coaches.
                Without question the Bolts DA coaches are better than the Bolts NPL ones and any other club's NPL coaches as well. They are also better than the Revs coaches. I concede that the Revs foster a more cutthroat training & playing environment but that doesn't make the training better. The quality and quantity of training is better at the Bolts.

Comment

Without question the Bolts DA coaches are better than the Bolts NPL ones and any other club's NPL coaches as well. They are also better than the Revs coaches. I concede that the Revs foster a more cutthroat training & playing environment but that doesn't make the training better. The quality and quantity of training is better at the Bolts.
                  This couldn't be further from the truth. I had experience at both places.

Comment

If the training is so good, why do 60 percent of the players leave Bolts DAP after one year. $5000 dollars plus down the drain....ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      If the training is so good, why do 60 percent of the players leave Bolts DAP after one year. $5000 dollars plus down the drain....ouch
                      Fake news. Any guess which club is posting these lies?

Comment

This couldn't be further from the truth. I had experience at both places.
                        As have I. I wish my son never left the Bolts. We're back now and couldn't be happier.

Comment

The continuity in our roster is excellent. I have no idea what you are talking about. No one wants to go anywhere but I'm sure some will be replaced based on new recruits. The core remains constant.

Comment

This is one of those "alternative facts", I guess. Just quickly looked at the U17/18 Bolts roster, and all but one or two played on the Bolts U15/16 team prior to moving up. I didn't check if the U15/16 players had played U14 previously. I would expect the continuity to be less here, as the U14 and younger age groups are fairly new and many players are still entering DAP at the U15/16 age group (although, as DAP keeps getting younger, I expect the most common entry age group will lower, as well).

Comment

This is one of those "alternative facts", I guess. Just quickly looked at the U17/18 Bolts roster, and all but one or two played on the Bolts U15/16 team prior to moving up. I didn't check if the U15/16 players had played U14 previously. I would expect the continuity to be less here, as the U14 and younger age groups are fairly new and many players are still entering DAP at the U15/16 age group (although, as DAP keeps getting younger, I expect the most common entry age group will lower, as well).
                              GPS confirmed for U13 and U14 age groups 2017/2018.

Comment

GPS confirmed for U13 and U14 age groups 2017/2018.
                                No U12?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X