Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some WFF girls have already been told they will be on the DA team.
    Not some... most. Daughter heard directly from WFF girls on her H.S. team.

Comment

Tryouts should be as early as possible, i say.

i have tried for years to figure out how to destroy team harmony and create hard feelings among parents and players alike. Despite my best efforts, I have never been able to come up with anything that comes close to early tryouts.

The best is if the team has has a super important game or, better yet, tourney or state cup weekend right after next year's team is picked.

Signed
      Satan

Comment

DA clubs can have tryouts any time they wish....and they will
        Who cares. DA is not working....same old coaches...different name and leao

Comment

i have tried for years to figure out how to destroy team harmony and create hard feelings among parents and players alike. Despite my best efforts, I have never been able to come up with anything that comes close to early tryouts.

The best is if the team has has a super important game or, better yet, tourney or state cup weekend right after next year's team is picked.

Signed
          Satan
          Sounds reasonable to me. I'm with Satan.

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me. I'm with Satan.
            better slogan than I'm with her

Comment

There will not be any GDA tryouts. It is by invite only. They have made up most of their teams already. I am speaking in regards to Weston and Boca.

Comment

better slogan than I'm with her
                Pretty much the same thing!

Comment

Signed
                  Satan
                  HaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa

Comment

There will not be any GDA tryouts. It is by invite only. They have made up most of their teams already. I am speaking in regards to Weston and Boca.
                    DA tryouts not so open. *** is US Soccer doing?

Comment

Picking teams 5 months before a season begins is insanity. Maybe not once kids are 16+ years old. Does any other youth sport do this? Kids get hurt, grow, lose interest. I get the necessity of having it late May before school gets out and kids are on vacation. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Can anyone explain the benefits to the kids/parents in this move?

Comment

Picking teams 5 months before a season begins is insanity. Maybe not once kids are 16+ years old. Does any other youth sport do this? Kids get hurt, grow, lose interest. I get the necessity of having it late May before school gets out and kids are on vacation. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

In previous years FYSA set a date (last week in May) for tryouts so clubs wouldn't have an advantage over each other in signing players to the club. Clubs with USClub membership realized they could bypass the rules and get a jump on all the teams that had FYSA membership only. Thus holding the tryouts a week or two earlier then FYSA teams could. This gave them an advantage of signing players even before other teams had the tryouts.

So FYSA picked a ridiculously early date to try and curb the advantage. No advantage to kids/parents. This is about membership.. I mean money.

Comment

In previous years FYSA set a date (last week in May) for tryouts so clubs wouldn't have an advantage over each other in signing players to the club. Clubs with USClub membership realized they could bypass the rules and get a jump on all the teams that had FYSA membership only. Thus holding the tryouts a week or two earlier then FYSA teams could. This gave them an advantage of signing players even before other teams had the tryouts.

So FYSA picked a ridiculously early date to try and curb the advantage. No advantage to kids/parents. This is about membership.. I mean money.
                          Longer tryout period means more opportunity to attend multiple tryouts and compare programs. FYSA Rules gives parents/players until June 9 to cancel any prior commitment in writing. Tryouts in late May/early June sometimes conflicted with final exams for high school kids.

Comment

Longer tryout period means more opportunity to attend multiple tryouts and compare programs. FYSA Rules gives parents/players until June 9 to cancel any prior commitment in writing. Tryouts in late May/early June sometimes conflicted with final exams for high school kids.
                            I like the date of April 1st being the earliest clubs can hold tryouts for FYSA teams. US Club and US Soccer affiliated clubs can hold tryouts for those teams at any time so once they tell the players they want for those teams the others can be notified of their teams beginning April 1. It won't be much of a tryout and clubs should keep as many players as they can. It is much easier to retain than to regain.

Comment

I like the date of April 1st being the earliest clubs can hold tryouts for FYSA teams. US Club and US Soccer affiliated clubs can hold tryouts for those teams at any time so once they tell the players they want for those teams the others can be notified of their teams beginning April 1. It won't be much of a tryout and clubs should keep as many players as they can. It is much easier to retain than to regain.
                              So what happens if the coach decides at April tryouts that my daughter will not have a spot next year. Should we continue to support the team or quit playing until next season? I am not going to spend $500 to travel to a State Cup weekend knowing she is no longer wanted on the team. I would rather the team wait to hold tryouts until the season is done.

Comment

That was never a consideration, I can assure you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X