Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Take a look at NEFC's NPL teams. They are still commuting kids to mixes of d1, d2, and d3 teams. Not just a few kids. More like a roster full. They also have kids playing who could play ECNL and DA. You should fact check your information.
    Commuting is the right word. The NPL commits that you are talking about are all on DA now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Commuting is the right word. The NPL commits that you are talking about are all on DA now.
      False. Wrong. Incorrect.

Comment

I hope SeaCoast has thought this through.

Comment

Take a look at NEFC's NPL teams. They are still commuting kids to mixes of d1, d2, and d3 teams. Not just a few kids. More like a roster full. They also have kids playing who could play ECNL and DA. You should fact check your information.
          You may be right about the commuting comment, but the top kids are on the DA teams. Maybe one or two who turned down DA offers to play public school soccer. Almost no one turns down the top team, ecnl or DA, to play on the NPL second team. I’m sorry, but most NPL parents are taken aback because they didn’t get an offer for the top of the club pyramid team

Comment

You may be right about the commuting comment, but the top kids are on the DA teams. Maybe one or two who turned down DA offers to play public school soccer. Almost no one turns down the top team, ecnl or DA, to play on the NPL second team. I’m sorry, but most NPL parents are taken aback because they didn’t get an offer for the top of the club pyramid team
            Fact check. There are at least 5 BBA DA girls on one team alone who turned down DA offers to return, and are heading back to the NPL team. Maybe fewer on your team, but throughout all the age groups there are quite a few, which is shocking after just one year. Seacoast take heed!

Comment

Pretty much, those who they are counting on have had conversations and expectations for the coming year.

And, no, I personally haven't been talked to re: DA. Would expect so if anyone was, but one never knows.

They won't uproot our entire team and make them DA. 3/4 wouldn't cut it, a few more probably aren't interested (including us, most likely). Only a few IMO from our NPL team would be a fit.

I expect they are thinking of minimal impact directly on an NPL team and will market this to any club player north of Boston who wants to play DA, and doesn't have any other options.

There would likely be more impact than you think. Since it's new they will likely have to take some girls who may not actually be DA material (and of course those girls -- would jump at the chance). Keep in mind, no matter how you look at it... they would have to focus on the DA team. NPL will be bumped down a notch no matter what. So, it will be a B Team situation for NPL team (assuming they can field one). Isn't boys NPL @ Seacoast somewhat of a mess with them saying they won't be having teams in NPL, but then putting teams in NPL and don't think many of those teams are doing all that well.... Seacoast is not known for making the best decisions. The club is trying hard to be a destination club, but due to location, poor coaching, etc... they will never quite get there.

Comment

Maybe... but then the players/parents who went the DA route realize what a disaster it is and re-think their decision... Isn't that why many GDA clubs left after one season? You're saying one thing, but the facts are getting in the way of your fantasy.

Comment

Maybe... but then the players/parents who went the DA route realize what a disaster it is and re-think their decision... Isn't that why many GDA clubs left after one season? You're saying one thing, but the facts are getting in the way of your fantasy.
                  are you serious now? clubs that left were the founding members of the ecnl. they should never have been allowed in. US soccer made a huge mistake letting the good old boys in

Comment

are you serious now? clubs that left were the founding members of the ecnl. they should never have been allowed in. US soccer made a huge mistake letting the good old boys in
                    Ok, I haven't been following along too closely, but my understanding is that there are clubs from around the country who are leaving GDA. I'm not saying every club or all the good clubs, etc... but enough clubs are leaving that it would make me wonder about the program. And to your point, those "good old boys clubs" that are now leaving have to be leaving for a reason. You can say that they were tied to ECNL. Fine, but if GDA was so wonderful and the girls all loved it and were comfortable with it and it was going so well, there is NO WAY you can convince me that they would just leave simply because their hearts were with ECNL. Come on now...

Comment

But they are all good clubs and USSF needed them for geography and credibility. The reasons GDA is struggling is multifaceted; having ECNL clubs in the league wasn't one of them.

Comment

Fact check. There are at least 5 BBA DA girls on one team alone who turned down DA offers to return, and are heading back to the NPL team. Maybe fewer on your team, but throughout all the age groups there are quite a few, which is shocking after just one year. Seacoast take heed!
                        Fact check. None of the girls returning to NPL or going elsewhere was a top player. With combined age groups, this happens.

Comment

Fact check. None of the girls returning to NPL or going elsewhere was a top player. With combined age groups, this happens.
                          Fact check, several starters replaced with kids that were cut last year.

Comment

Who are they going to get to go to Epping NH that isn't already playing for Seacoast?

The GDA is spiraling into mediocrity. This arguably weakens the league more than losing Stars & PDA.
                            With this, GDA market is cornered and Stars is in the middle. Basically even if Stars decides to come back their door is completed shut. Are you sure this is not what you are afraid of?

Comment

Ok, I haven't been following along too closely, but my understanding is that there are clubs from around the country who are leaving GDA. I'm not saying every club or all the good clubs, etc... but enough clubs are leaving that it would make me wonder about the program. And to your point, those "good old boys clubs" that are now leaving have to be leaving for a reason. You can say that they were tied to ECNL. Fine, but if GDA was so wonderful and the girls all loved it and were comfortable with it and it was going so well, there is NO WAY you can convince me that they would just leave simply because their hearts were with ECNL. Come on now...
                              All that left DA were all in ECNL and their DOCs are basically the ECNL exec board. They tried to hijack DA and were not allowed and are trying to destroy it now. But time will tell and if I can predict they shot themselves on the foot.

Comment

All that left DA were all in ECNL and their DOCs are basically the ECNL exec board. They tried to hijack DA and were not allowed and are trying to destroy it now. But time will tell and if I can predict they shot themselves on the foot.
                                We are living in a world of made up facts, and now everyone is in on it. This poster has no idea if clubs tried to hijack DA - seems unlikely ECNL is hijacking USSF but whatever. Just made up &*it like most of the posts. And no one here cares about what will happen in time. I have two years and want DA to be strong, and I am just trying to get my daughter over the finish line.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X