Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referee Standards

I think the ref's do a pretty good job most weeks but they seem to ignore obvious fouls and always stop the game for bad throws, handballs or make a big deal when subs are being made. Some games get out of control because of this. Anyone else have same experience?

its a job that very few want. you get what you pay for,

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I think the ref's do a pretty good job most weeks but they seem to ignore obvious fouls and always stop the game for bad throws, handballs or make a big deal when subs are being made. Some games get out of control because of this. Anyone else have same experience?
      http://www.nyswysa.org/referee-s

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My favorite is when the game is delayed because the sub didn't wait long enough. Really. There's no stoppage time.

Comment

Sure there's problems here and there, but for the most part the reffing is good enough. Sometimes there's extremes of really outstanding and really awful, but usually it's in the middle. Most of the mistakes or missed calls are minor, not game changing and in the grand scheme of this being youth sports not life changing. I also think it's ok for kids to see once in awhile that things don't always go your way and how do you deal with that? To me the worst thing a ref can do is let things get out of hand, either players, coaches, parents or any and all three. If a ref is fully in charge from the get go then controversies or chippy play probably won't get out of hand.

Comment

Depends on the ref. Some like to make strange calls but will ignore actual fouls. We had a goal disallowed off of a corner because the ref (who was not in any position to see) said the ball was curved in after being out of bounds. How he could tell if this was the case when he was standing towards the top of the box I do not know. Meanwhile kids are hacking and stomping each other with no whistle.

Still, it is a thankless job and as long as the games are kept safe and officiated evenly enough I can't get too bent out of shape. I am glad we have people who are willing to do the job because otherwise we'd have no games to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X